• Princeton (8-6)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (9-13)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lakota West (16-9)

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not even a rumor, it's true. He said at the beginning of the year this was his last season. Great coach. Did more with less in the regular season than just about any coach around. Unfortunately, only 1 District title to show for it in the tournament, but tremendous, well-coached teams. Everybody I know that has played for him raves about his intensity, leadership, and teaching ability.

Side note, also one of the greatest baseball players in Ohio high school history.
Thank you on the not a rumor clarification. He's been great, don't minimize the good players they have had. They have had many next level players the past 15 years. No doubt, great coach!

Thank you on the not a rumor clarification. He's been great, don't minimize the good players they have had. They have had many next level players the past 15 years. No doubt, great coach!
Plenty of really good players, but Carl Richburg remains his only D1 player during his entire tenure. Really impressive what he's done without D1 talent, and a lot of the "really good high school basketball players" was because he developed them as such.

Plenty of really good players, but Carl Richburg remains his only D1 player during his entire tenure. Really impressive what he's done without D1 talent, and a lot of the "really good high school basketball players" was because he developed them as such.
Zach Brown Lipscomb University

Burgess is dressed and going through warmups for Sycamore. Wearing an ankle brace, but looks to be moving fine.

Sycamore now leads 38-18 at halftime. Sycamore got a steal with 4 seconds left and Ben Southerland jump, caught, turned, and hit a 3 in one motion to end the half.

Southerland just got a technical for dunking (ok, it was "hanging on the rim"). You got to be kidding me. Refs making it about themselves way too much in this tournament.

Southerland just got a technical for dunking (ok, it was "hanging on the rim"). You got to be kidding me. Refs making it about themselves way too much in this tournament.
I think that’s a terrible call. Especially when there is a kid underneath him. Kid has to be able to protect himself.

I think that’s a terrible call. Especially when there is a kid underneath him. Kid has to be able to protect himself.
I've watched in person or online 8 games so far in this tournament. I've seen one game without a technical foul called. It's a problem.

And now another technical on Middletown for the same thing. I don’t understand how the refs can’t tell the difference between a celebration and avoiding a kid underneath you.

And now another technical on Middletown for the same thing. I don’t understand how the refs can’t tell the difference between a celebration and avoiding a kid underneath you.
8 out of 9 games with a technical. Unbelievable.

The officiating in this Middletown-Loveland game is really really bad. The number of missed calls or refs just plain not looking at the play is astounding.

Reis just spent the entire between quarter completely ripping into an official. That’s how bad it’s gotten.

West up 37-31 on WH at the half. Dudukovich has the most quiet 19 points I've ever seen. I don't remember the last time I've seen a high school kid be this efficient with the ball. He's barely touched it, and I think he got 13 of that in the 2nd quarter, where West pulled away for their biggest lead at 9 or 10. Been a back and forth game except for that brief pull away lead. Story so far is West doesn't know how to box out and WH can't hold on to the ball.

Middletown beats Loveland 59-50. Also looks like Princeton is up by 25. Hopefully, West can pull it out and 5 GMC teams can advance tonight with Fairfield a heavy favorite tomorrow.

West wins 72-62.

East vs West Part III on Friday! Couple that with a Turpin/Elder rematch right before and you are probably looking at standing room only at West Clermont.

Haha. It’s pretty rare for someone to hang on the rim for the purpose of avoiding someone under him. Everyone knows damn well why they do it. There’s almost always someone close enough to use this excuse but that doesn’t mean the refs have to buy it. If you don’t like the rule that’s fine but a ref enforcing the rule is not making it about him.

Haha. It’s pretty rare for someone to hang on the rim for the purpose of avoiding someone under him. Everyone knows damn well why they do it. There’s almost always someone close enough to use this excuse but that doesn’t mean the refs have to buy it. If you don’t like the rule that’s fine but a ref enforcing the rule is not making it about him.
Yes it is. Both cases were one extra extended swing to wait for the opposing player to clear underneath. Nothing wrong with that. It’s an official wanting to show how smart he is. There is definitely a difference between showing up an opponent and trying to avoid an injury. They weren’t doing a pull-up on the rim, they weren’t screaming or talking to the opponent. Both were simply waiting for the opponent to clear.