• Princeton (8-6)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (9-13)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lakota West (16-9)

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Despite Kerr's best efforts on bribing Adkins and Wyrick with Panera Bagels and coffee he couldn't pull off the double switch in the GMC. :stirthepot:
Today:
Princeton 67 Alter 50
East 67 Colerain 40
Fairfield 67 Oak Hills 45 (OH 18 of 22 from charity stripe)
Sycamore 67 Mason 50
Hamilton 54 Middletown 51 This one is a toss up. Hamilton is a mess, maybe the Middies pull it together and play one of their quality games.
Is West playing?
Alter beats Princeton.

That's the Martin RPI for D1 Region 4. If separate Dayton and Cincinnati here's what you get. I do question if a hanfmdful of these teams are still D1 right now though. I also apologize if I made any mistakes when I separated them.

CINCINNATI

1 Walnut Hills
2 Elder
3 Sycamore
4 Moeller
5 Fairfield
6 Lakota East
7 Princeton
8 Turpin
9 Western Brown
10 Loveland
11 St. Xavier
12 Western Hills
13 Winton Woods
14 Lakota West
15 Edgewood
16 LaSalle
17 Harrison
18 Mason
19 Anderson
20 Goshen
21 Kings
22 Middletown
23 Hamilton
24 Mount Healthy
25 Withrow
26 Talawanda
27 Oak Hills
28 Milford
29 Northwest
30 Little Miami
31 West Clermont
32 Colerain

DAYTON

1 Centerville
2 Fairmont
3 Wayne
4 Franklin
5 Sidney
6 Northmont
7 Beavercreek
8 Miamisburg
9 Tecumseh
10 West Carrollton
11 Piqua
12 Springboro
13 Lebanon
14 Troy
15 Vandalia Butler
16 Springfield
17 Xenia
18 Belmont
19 Stebbins
20 Fairborn

Last edited:

That's the Martin RPI for D1 Region 4. If separate Dayton and Cincinnati here's what you get. I do question if a hanfmdful of these teams are still D1 right now though. I also apologize if I made any mistakes when I separated them.

CINCINNATI

1 Elder
2 Walnut Hills
3 Sycamore
4 Moeller
5 Fairfield
6 Lakota East
7 Princeton
8 Turpin
9 Western Brown
10 Loveland
11 St. Xavier
12 Western Hills
13 Winton Woods
14 Lakota West
15 Edgewood
16 LaSalle
17 Harrison
18 Mason
19 Anderson
20 Goshen
21 Kings
22 Middletown
23 Hamilton
24 Mount Healthy
25 Withrow
26 Talawanda
27 Oak Hills
28 Milford
29 Northwest
30 Little Miami
31 West Clermont
32 Colerain

DAYTON

1 Centerville
2 Fairmont
3 Wayne
4 Franklin
5 Sidney
6 Northmont
7 Beavercreek
8 Miamisburg
9 Tecumseh
10 West Carrollton
11 Piqua
12 Springboro
13 Lebanon
14 Troy
15 Vandalia Butler
16 Springfield
17 Xenia
18 Belmont
19 Stebbins
20 Fairborn
western brown as a top 10 team.... :ROFLMAO:

The weakness of this system is how it factors in division. Western Brown plays mostly lower division teams, some of them who have good records.
Good point, but I'd argue this helps clean that up.

OAOWP: opponents’ average opponents’ winning percentage. An example for this would be like saying Ohio State gets more points for beating a 15-3 Michigan State team than Dayton would get for beating a 15-3 Davidson team. This is because Michigan State’s 15 wins come against much tougher opponents playing in the Big Ten than Davidson’s opponents in the Atlantic 10 Conference.

L1 Pts: Leveled point system that gives you more points for beating bigger schools.

The weakness of this system is how it factors in division. Western Brown plays mostly lower division teams, some of them who have good records.
They have losses to Loveland, Anderson, and 2-15 West Clermont. The system might require some tweeking.

Could it be a case of a team playing better without their star because they feel freer to play like a team?
They had Hardman against Fairfield. They appear to have stopped playing defense the last two games and have gotten into up-tempo shootouts. They are a much better half court team and probably don’t realize it.

They have losses to Loveland, Anderson, and 2-15 West Clermont. The system might require some tweeking.
I have been watching it since it first got posted earlier in the season. I will say that when it was first published it was excellent. As the season has gone on it does seem to have more teams out of wack. Could be a bug in the formula's script somewhere. I don't think it's as simple as divisions as Jballer said.

Went late to game real late actually heard score was shock , Princeton parent said 3 starters sat idk if true didn’t walk in
Woods appears to be the only one who didn’t play, and I think he was suspended for getting tossed in the last game.

They had Hardman against Fairfield. They appear to have stopped playing defense the last two games and have gotten into up-tempo shootouts. They are a much better half court team and probably don’t realize it.
Fairfield, while a very good team, is very suspect on defense. Both Lakota East and Alter play great defense. Could be that pressure does to Princeton exactly what pressure defensive teams are looking for, to force you to play faster and make mistakes. Maybe that is what is causing the uptempo shootouts you're seeing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Princeton very young? That inexperience might be what is causing them to not be disciplined enough to not be tricked into playing the other team's game.

Woods appears to be the only one who didn’t play, and I think he was suspended for getting tossed in the last game.
Like I said I went late , I was told Jv at 4:30 Varsity was at 6 so I strolled thru parking lot at 5:55 and parents was coming out , not surprised they lost , they looked terrible against East , reguardless how bad the refs was they still look bad

Sycamore holds on against Mason 64-57. Mason had the ball down 3 with a minute to play. Burgess picked up a serious injury in the 2nd quarter and had to be carried off the court.

Middletown outmatched by Hamilton’s size and loses by 7 after being up 8 at the end of a spirited first quarter. The addition of the player for Hamilton that didn’t play the first half of the season really helps them.

Could it be a case of a team playing better without their star because they feel freer to play like a team?
My opinion is that’s exactly what’s happening. The pressure to force feed one kid to get shots vs playing in rhythm. No offense to the kid though. Chemistry just may not be there with him being out all year.

Has anyone watched St. X? They had an early season win over Fairfield but beyond that a pretty average season. No clue about Vision Academy but they could lose 3 this week to be 10-10 and limping into the tournament. They will probably want to re-schedule the OH game.

Sycamore took Cincinnati 1 and the bye and will play the winner of #19 Anderson and #21 Kings. Other Cincinnati 1 side of bracket is #13 Loveland vs #15 Lasalle and #8 St Xavier vs #17 Middletown.

Has anyone watched St. X? They had an early season win over Fairfield but beyond that a pretty average season. No clue about Vision Academy but they could lose 3 this week to be 10-10 and limping into the tournament. They will probably want to re-schedule the OH game.
Yes. X is like Mason with more length. Pretty good defensively but kind of limited athletically and don’t really have a player that can take over offensively.

Other draw news:

Sycamore’s bracket matches up with Fairmont at District. On Centerville’s side at Regional.

Fairfield and Moeller are in Cincinnati 2 with Hamilton on Moeller’s side of the bracket. Will play Cincinnati 5 at District.

Turpin and Mason are opposite Elder in Cincinnati 3. Will play Wayne’s bracket at District.

Lakota East and Western Hills are in Cincinnati 4 with Winton Woods on East’s side and Lakota West on West Hi’s side. This bracket matches up with Centerville at District.

Princeton and Walnut Hills are in Cincinnati 5 with no one to challenge them. Will play Cincinnati 2 at District.

Last edited:
Yes. X is like Mason with more length. Pretty good defensively but kind of limited athletically and don’t really have a player that can take over offensively.
28 points against Moeller is def not taking over offensively? If only Lasalle had a player that could do this......well I did see the illegal player on the bench today at Elder. Guess not his fault and no one is going to be fired? Don't forget X beat Fairfield, and looked good last nite in double OT with Moeller. Should be fun playoff brackets! I'm also excited to watch the walnut/Princeton game. Glad future games will be back at college venues.