• Princeton (8-6)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (9-13)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lakota West (16-9)

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow! Let me guess this was a game played at OH?
Yes, yes it was. 30-16 in fouls in favor of Middletown. Middletown would not be the first team to complain about the officiating at Oak Hills this season. Average foul advantage at home this season of 21-14 for Oak Hills.

Yes, yes it was. 30-16 in fouls in favor of Middletown. Middletown would not be the first team to complain about the officiating at Oak Hills this season. Average foul advantage at home this season of 21-14 for Oak Hills.
Is this the Price factor? Why do refs feel obligated to do this?

Is this the Price factor? Why do refs feel obligated to do this?
No idea. I don’t think Price particularly works the refs anymore than any other coach does. All I know is the perception for years is that you play 5-on-8 when you travel to Oak Hills. As JElder will likely confirm, I don’t think these refs are any different than the ones that ref other games city-wide.

No idea. I don’t think Price particularly works the refs anymore than any other coach does. All I know is the perception for years is that you play 5-on-8 when you travel to Oak Hills. As JElder will likely confirm, I don’t think these refs are any different than the ones that ref other games city-wide.
I hope that is true. What a great advantage to be in the opponents head like that.

no doubt there.......been the case for many many years. seen some real one sided games there from an officiating standpoint over the years

What a night! East shows they are still a good team and will be a tough tournament team. Sycamore is the best team in the GMC. Fairfield had some foul trouble but they have other issues as well. Once it becomes a half court game they are exposed on offense and defense. Sycamore did a great job of making it a half court game and not allowing the early blitz by the Indians to get them down. Great job Aviators!!

Great job Comets with your win streak! Coach Richards has his last Mason team playing their best basketball of the season right now. Unfortunately, they have the Aviators and the East Birds next.
The Cardinals hung in there with the Birds until the 4th qtr. They struggle to put the round ball into the round rim. No practice today due to football signing day.
Let's hear it for the Oak Hills Highlanders!! It appears the Middies couldn't adjust to the officiating. Bring it on Low Lander fans! I didn't see this game on the GMC site or I obviously would have missed another one!;)

What a night! East shows they are still a good team and will be a tough tournament team. Sycamore is the best team in the GMC. Fairfield had some foul trouble but they have other issues as well. Once it becomes a half court game they are exposed on offense and defense. Sycamore did a great job of making it a half court game and not allowing the early blitz by the Indians to get them down. Great job Aviators!!
My perception of Fairfield is that they settle for way too many jump shots in the half court. They had the athletic advantage against Sycamore and only took 3 FT. They're lack of depth is also a killer. The really truly only play 6 players, so they were still in foul trouble without even having committed very many fouls.

Great win for Sycamore though. This was hardly their best game, but they found their way back through the 3 ball. I thought they played very tight and nervous, which is understandable considering I don't think any of the Sycamore players have ever played in front of a crowd like that. Sycamore's last home sellout was in 2004 and I'm not even sure a single Sycamore player was alive then. This experience will serve them well if they get in front of a similar kind of crowd in the tournament.

My perception of Fairfield is that they settle for way too many jump shots in the half court. They had the athletic advantage against Sycamore and only took 3 FT. They're lack of depth is also a killer. The really truly only play 6 players, so they were still in foul trouble without even having committed very many fouls.

Great win for Sycamore though. This was hardly their best game, but they found their way back through the 3 ball. I thought they played very tight and nervous, which is understandable considering I don't think any of the Sycamore players have ever played in front of a crowd like that. Sycamore's last home sellout was in 2004 and I'm not even sure a single Sycamore player was alive then. This experience will serve them well if they get in front of a similar kind of crowd in the tournament.
Correct on fouls, it was just Tolbert and Rogers with 2 each early in the game. Their offense in the HC has very little movement just an abundance of 1 vs 1 play.

What’s your theory on this phenomenon?
i think part of is mike price knows everybody....and i mean everybody.....who is even closely related to basketball in cincinnati

thats not even close to the whole story but i think its a big part

I came away very impressed by Sycamore again last night in a number of ways. I would say that they beat an extremely good Fairfield team without a few of their players who normally produce, producing. For as long as I can remember, Sycamore was always talked about for lacking toughness. Is it time to end the discussion regarding the toughness of the Aves? At least this team? I believe they showed incredible toughness throughout this season and the results show that. Coach Austing has turned that place around in very short order. I know they are also very talented, have a player who I think is hands down the player of the year, and have many "underrated" players who are playing extremely well (one of them was the difference in many respects last night). Kudos to Coach Austing and a job well done. We will see what the rest of the season brings, but the future of Sycamore basketball has a completely different look to it.
I also wanted to mention that the atmophere was nothing short of outstanding! Both schools were well represented in the stands.

I also wanted to mention that the atmophere was nothing short of outstanding! Both schools were well represented in the stands.
x1000. It was an incredible atmosphere for high school basketball. The stands were packed and I mean packed - people were standing everywhere. Student sections were great. And the game didnt disappoint. Two great teams that came down to the final seconds.

Doesn’t Dayton do their draw at the exact same time? That means you could get any of the 3 Dayton sectional winners if you chose to play one in the District. The 2nd and 3rd place Dayton teams are probably the two weakest teams remaining at that point. Or would Cincinnati #1 choose another Cincinnati sectional where you would get, say Moeller? 1/3 chance to play Centerville? Or virtual guarantee to play somebody really good?
The Brackets have already been posted. This year the following Districts Matchup:
Cincinnati 1 vs. Dayton 3
Cincinnati 2 vs. Cincinnati 5
Cincinnati 3 vs. Dayton 2
Cincinnati 4 vs. Dayton 1

I'm not sure how the matchups for Regionals shakeup for the winners of those District matchups this year (I'm sure they're online somewhere, I just haven't found them yet), but I imagine if you're in the top 2 seeds in Cincinnati, you'll select a District that is the furthest from Centerville, so you won't see the Elk until the Regional Final.

So if the matchups for Regionals are:
C1/D3 vs. C2/C5
C3/D2 vs. C4/D1
And Centerville takes either Dayton #1 or #2, then you'll likely see the top two seeds in Cincinnati, which seem to be Sycamore and Elder now, in either C1, C2 or C5, with the chance to play each other in the Regional Semifinal.

The Brackets have already been posted. This year the following Districts Matchup:
Cincinnati 1 vs. Dayton 3
Cincinnati 2 vs. Cincinnati 5
Cincinnati 3 vs. Dayton 2
Cincinnati 4 vs. Dayton 1

I'm not sure how the matchups for Regionals shakeup for the winners of those District matchups this year, but I imagine if you're in the top 2 seeds in Cincinnati, you'll select a District that the furthest from Centerville, so you won't see the Elk until the Regional Final.

So if the matchups for Regionals are:
C1/D3 vs. C2/C5
C3/D2 vs. C4/D1
And Centerville takes either Dayton #1 or #2, then you'll likely see the top two seeds in Cincinnati, likely Sycamore and Elder now, in either C1, C2 or C5, with the chance to play each other in the Regional Semifinal.

Sometimes teams would rather play a team like Centerville in the regional semi because they have close to a week to prepare for that game vs. playing them in the regional final where you have one day to prepare. I agree with you, I would rather wait to play them in regional final even on short prep, but I know some coaches prefer the extra prep time.

At this point, I'm not sure Friday's games will have any impact on the seeding since voting is already open (and since Friday games may get canceled due to weather). What is everyone's final thoughts on seeds? I've got the following:

1. Elder
2. Sycamore
3. Fairfield
4. Moeller
5. Walnut Hills
6. Lakota East
7. Princeton
8. St. Xavier
9. Turpin
10. Western Hills
11. Lakota West
12. Mason
13. Loveland
14. Winton Woods
15. Anderson
16. Middletown
17. Hamilton
18. Western Brown
19. Edgewood
20. Lebanon
21. Kings
22. Harrison
23. Lasalle
24. Oak Hills
25. Withrow
26. Goshen
27. Mount Healthy
28. Talawanda
29. Milford
30. Little Miami
31. West Clermont
32. Colerain

As a Sycamore fan, I'm hoping Lakota East, X, or Turpin jumps into Sycamore's sectional. I don't want to see Princeton.

At this point, I'm not sure Friday's games will have any impact on the seeding since voting is already open (and since Friday games may get canceled due to weather). What is everyone's final thoughts on seeds? I've got the following:

1. Elder
2. Sycamore
3. Fairfield
4. Moeller
5. Walnut Hills
6. Lakota East
7. Princeton
8. St. Xavier
9. Turpin
10. Western Hills
11. Lakota West
12. Mason
13. Loveland
14. Winton Woods
15. Anderson
16. Middletown
17. Hamilton
18. Western Brown
19. Edgewood
20. Lebanon
21. Kings
22. Harrison
23. Lasalle
24. Oak Hills
25. Withrow
26. Goshen
27. Mount Healthy
28. Talawanda
29. Milford
30. Little Miami
31. West Clermont
32. Colerain
not much to disagree w there.......think you got a lot of it right.......might have middies and/or hamilton right behind mason.....record says otherwise but i think gmc league strength pushes one or both of them above loveland/ww/anderson

when do we see results? this weekend? does it get pushed back if games are cancelled?

not much to disagree w there.......think you got a lot of it right.......might have middies and/or hamilton right behind mason.....record says otherwise but i think gmc league strength pushes one or both of them above loveland/ww/anderson

when do we see results? this weekend? does it get pushed back if games are cancelled?
Draw is Sunday state-wide no matter what. Should see news from reporters or posted brackets by Sunday night.

Lasalle needs to be higher. They beat X and hung with Moeller. Loveland should be lower than Hamilton and Middletown.

Lasalle needs to be higher. They beat X and hung with Moeller. Loveland should be lower than Hamilton and Middletown.
good point....wonder if teams wont realize some of lasalle losses are due to forfeits........obviously w ineligible player but they technically beat turpin and yes their win over x is pretty significant. could see them being voted all over the place.....

good point....wonder if teams wont realize some of lasalle losses are due to forfeits........obviously w ineligible player but they technically beat turpin and yes their win over x is pretty significant. could see them being voted all over the place.....
The forfeits are supposed to matter when each coach casts their vote, although in reality they can do whatever they want.

doubt that....dont think they should be anyway.....if you compare nonconf between elder and sycamore no comparison elder played a much tougher nonconf slate
I agree. Just asking the question. GMC is a larger voting bloc than the GCL-S though.

1. Elder
2. Sycamore
3. Fairfield
4. Moeller
5. Walnut Hills
6. Lakota East
7. Princeton
8. St. Xavier
9. Turpin
10. Western Hills
11. Lakota West
12. Mason
13. Loveland
14. Winton Woods
15. Anderson
16. Middletown
17. Hamilton
18. Western Brown
19. Edgewood
20. Lebanon
21. Kings
22. Harrison
23. Lasalle
24. Oak Hills
25. Withrow
26. Goshen
27. Mount Healthy
28. Talawanda
29. Milford
30. Little Miami
31. West Clermont
32. Colerain
I would probably edge Walnut ahead of Moe and then coin toss Moe and East.