GCL vs. GMC playoff games 2021

Oh no doubt having the historically crappy East and West teams from the past 25 years together would have created a juggernaut. No doubt there would have been about 20 state titles without breaking a sweat
Who said anything about state titles. They would run Cincinnati. Also here in Texas where I live the private schools are garbage because they can't recruit against the Public Football Programs. Its just how it is set up in SW Ohio. But a large public school like we have here in Texas (which a full Lakota would be equivalent to) would demolish any private school. Come play Katy, Allen, Southlake, Westlake, NorthShore. You will be down 28-0 before half time.

Last edited:
Ill end this once and for all. If the Lakota's never split up they would be beating each and every one of your teams for the last 20 years in every sport. Just spitting facts.
Just like all the Lakota wins over GCL teams before Lakota split up!
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Last edited:
I know you are a very well educated GCL Grad. However with 30 seconds of internet research you would have realized the enrollment at Lakota High School the year prior to the split was 3,500 students. It would rise drastically in the next five years as West Chester and Liberty Township exploded. Right now Lakota High School would be close to 5,800 students. And yes they would be running the GCL year in and year out. I’m glad you are able to understand how gifs work. I’m more about data.

I know you are a very well educated GCL Grad. However with 30 seconds of internet research you would have realized the enrollment at Lakota High School the year prior to the split was 3,500 students. It would rise drastically in the next five years as West Chester and Liberty Township exploded. Right now Lakota High School would be close to 5,800 students. And yes they would be running the GCL year in and year out. I’m glad you are able to understand how gifs work. I’m more about data.
And if the Olentangy school district just kept one high school rather than expanding to 4 with their enormous growth….

Ill end this once and for all. If the Lakota's never split up they would be beating each and every one of your teams for the last 20 years in every sport. Just spitting facts.
Lakota would not of won anything. The reason why is because Larry Cox would of been the coach and he could not coach a championship team ever!!

Last edited:
And if the Olentangy school district just kept one high school rather than expanding to 4 with their enormous growth….
Now you get it.

Lakota would not of won anything. The reason why is because Larry Cox would of been the coach and he could coach a championship team ever!!
If you look back at the talent he’s had on his teams he really should have stumbled into more success. In 2010, he had TWO Pro Bowl players in Jordan Hicks and Ryan Kelly.

I think he’s actually referring to 2009. Hicks graduated in 2010. They were 9-2 that year.

Lakota West has had more DI and NFL players than Colerain (who have had 0 players make an NFL 53-man roster) and most teams in Ohio over the past two decades. It's really a testament to how bad of a Football coach Cox was during his tenure that they were largely uncompetitive in R4.

I would also say argue that is somewhat of a validation of Colerain's offensive strategy as a large part of LW's struggles has been the inability to find a QB. Coombs choice of the option was based on the notion that great QBs and large OL are rare and inconsistent at the high school level, especially in Ohio. Not saying the offense shouldn't evolve and incorporate more spread and RPO concepts but in Ohio every DI public school champion this century has been run-first on offense.

Lakota West has had more DI and NFL players than Colerain (who have had 0 players make an NFL 53-man roster) and most teams in Ohio over the past two decades. It's really a testament to how bad of a Football coach Cox was during his tenure that they were largely uncompetitive in R4.

Agreed. It was a pretty frustrating 20 years.

I would also say argue that is somewhat of a validation of Colerain's offensive strategy as a large part of LW's struggles has been the inability to find a QB.

We find them just fine. Keeping them from transferring to Moe/LaSalle after their sophomore year is the hard part lol.

I would also say argue that is somewhat of a validation of Colerain's offensive strategy as a large part of LW's struggles has been the inability to find a QB. Coombs choice of the option was based on the notion that great QBs and large OL are rare and inconsistent at the high school level, especially in Ohio. Not saying the offense shouldn't evolve and incorporate more spread and RPO concepts but in Ohio every DI public school champion this century has been run-first on offense.
Don’t you dare disparage Larry-ball like that!

Larry Cox - no coach did less with more... if you didn't realize how bad he was at the time, Bolden has made it really obvious in hindsight. However, you have to look at Mason's Brian Castner as the new Larry Cox. Mason has huge enrollment, great facilities, unlimited resources, mostly upper middle income families and the guy has a losing record 2 of last 3 years. Has posted a few good years, (I assume that's how he keeps his job) but they usually end with a first round loss in the playoffs.

Looking like another GCL victory over the GMC tonight. After a scoreless 1st quarter, Moe leads Fairfield 21-0 at halftime.

If scores hold tonight, next week will give us the following GCL vs GMC matchups.

Moeller vs. Princeton
(brings back good memories of Moe Princeton games in the 70’s and 80’s)

St. Xavier vs. Lakota West

Looking like another GCL victory over the GMC tonight. After a scoreless 1st quarter, Moe leads Fairfield 21-0 at halftime.

If scores hold tonight, next week will give us the following GCL vs GMC matchups.

Moeller vs. Princeton
(brings back good memories of Moe Princeton games in the 70’s and 80’s)

St. Xavier vs. Lakota West
Princeton-Sycamore are tied at halftime. Could also be Moeller vs. Sycamore!

Final score of GMC-GCL 2021 week 2 playoff game…

Moeller 35
Fairfield 7

GCL now leads GMC 4-0 in 2021 playoff matchups.