GCL South (X, Elder, Moeller, LaSalle) 2012-2019 (including poll)

Which school will win the GCL South title in 2019?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Week 10 games..........

Elder at La Salle for the GCL title!
If Lancers win, it will be their 2nd outright GCL football title in school history. However, I'm not sure how they contain the Panther offense.

St Xavier at Louisville St Xavier
I'm betting on St Xavier!

Canada Prep Academy (ON) at Moeller
History is made as the worst team in Canada takes on the worst team in the United States!

Please note Pope's Picks are still perfect after week 9 because the Pope actually wanted X to beat Iggy even though he picked Iggy to win.
Congrats Pope!

Last edited:
Pope's Picks for Week 10.........

My picks for 2019 have been certified 100% correct through the first 9 weeks. And here's who I like this week..........

In the battle for the GCL title (Elder has 12, La Salle has 1), the Pitiful Panthers pound the ground and punish the Low energy Lancers. This will give La Salle their 3rd loss in the last 4 weeks, as predicted 4 weeks ago by yours truly.
Final score.......
Elder.......... 31
La Salle.... 17

In the St Xavier Bowl, Cincy St Xavier (absolutely no running game from my Suicide Bombers) will find a way to hold off Louisville St Xavier.
Final score......
Cincy St X...... 17
Lou St X............ 7

And in the Toilet Bowl, the worst team in the USA takes on the worst team in Canada. Team USA prevails!
Final score......
Crooked Crusaders.... 35
Team Oh Canada........ 7

And in my NCAA "lock of the week special" #8 Georgia plays at #6 Florida.
Final score.......
#8 Georgia........ 24
#6 Florida.......... 17

In the battle for the GCL title (Elder has 12, La Salle has 1), the Pitiful Panthers pound the ground and punish the Low energy Lancers. This will give La Salle their 3rd loss in the last 4 weeks, as predicted 4 weeks ago by yours truly.
Final score.......
Elder.......... 31
La Salle.... 17

That would be the most points La Salle has allowed all season.

“The Lancers have a brutal four games remaining, with the trip to CovCath followed by an away game at St. Xavier, before hosting Winton Woods and Elder the final two weeks.”

Low energy Lancers final 4 games....

@ Cov Cath - Win

@ Suicide Bombers - Loss

H vs Winton Wood Peckers - Loss

H vs Pitiful Panthers - Loss

These picks are guaranteed.
Another year of (PPP) perfect picks for the Pope thanks to (III) infallible Insider information!
You can thank me later.

Pope nails Low energy Lancers a month ago as he accurately predicts LL to finish out the regular season 1-3 in final 4 games.
Low energy Lancers have NO CHANCE vs the Pitiful Panthers running game tonight.

Final 2019 GCL Standings guaranteed........

Elder 3-0
La Salle 2-1
St Xavier 1-2
Moeller 0-3

Gonna be a packed house at La Salle on a perfect night for a GCL title game.

Will Lancers employ their “student body defense” with dozens of students in the end zone as Panthers try to score? It worked to perfection a couple years ago!
Or will it be another 60+ years before the Low energy Lancers capture their 2nd outright GCL title?

Last edited:
If you going to. lay an egg, best to do it the week before the playoffs I suppose. Not much going right for Elder. LaSalle playing well, leads it 24-6

If you going to. lay an egg, best to do it the week before the playoffs I suppose. Not much going right for Elder. LaSalle playing well, leads it 24-6

La Salle & Winton Woods best in Region 8 playoffs (if WW gets in). Hope one of these 2 can compete with Hoban from NEO. But Hoban is special for D2.

Elder, X, Fairfield or Colerain will battle for Region 4 playoffs. But state will go to Eds or Mentor from NEO.

Elder does not show up in the first quarter fall behind 21-0 after a blocked punt TD for LaSalle. They end up losing after a missed two point conversion to tie the game with 1 minute left. 27-25 Congrats to LaSalle on their 2nd GCL championship in school history.

Seriously? You can’t even transcribe from Joe Eitel correctly? You realize always wrong is the OPPOSITE of infallible?

Thanks for pointing it out. I went by memory which is dangerous for a Pope my age.
Now corrected.

But my picks are still infallible!

Last edited:
Moeller needs to send their AD down to Covington Catholic next week and offer their Head Coach the Moeller position ASAP.

Thanks for pointing it out. I went by memory which is dangerous for a Pope my age.
Now corrected.

But my picks are still infallible

so.........Even though you predicted Elder to win, you were seriously hoping La Salle would win? yep your age is catching up with you LOL :):):)