Gameplanning vs Colerain

I don’t like you, I’m never going to. And I sure as hell don’t respect you as a person or fan. You’re a coward. You hide in the weeds when things are good then come out to attack when things go bad. You’re a terrible person.

Huh? Do I know you?

Staff wasn’t prepared but game plan on D was Good?

How were they not prepared? You’re aware of the expression pick your poison? When it comes to Colerain, youve got to focus your efforts on stopping the run. That means putting 8-9 guys in the box and leaving your Corners on an island. You have to rely on your Corners to play Man and in this case, they were not fast enough to do so.

Huh? Do I know you?

I know everything I need to know about you. You go in hiding for a month while their winning bc there’s nothing to complain about. Then all of the sudden, the week of a game most of us expected them to lose, you comeback just to trash them.

First of all, I haven't trashed them. I've given my opinion on their performance.

I never said they were bad, I said they played a team that was obviously much better.

Please show me a post where I trashed anyone. This is what I'm talking about. People telling the truth get ridiculed and blackballed here.

It's ridiculous.

How were they not prepared? You’re aware of the expression pick your poison? When it comes to Colerain, youve got to focus your efforts on stopping the run. That means putting 8-9 guys in the box and leaving your Corners on an island. You have to rely on your Corners to play Man and in this case, they were not fast enough to do so.

3rd &15 Play man against guys you know are faster is being prepared? What annoyed you about the Staff being unprepared? 475 yard Offense Allowed is prepared with a good game plan?

There have been people warning of this decline on these boards for years, and whenever they do, they get trashed. These results were inevitable because of decisions made years ago. All of those posters are either ridiculed constantly, or they are gone because they've given up with the crowd that does nothing but be blinded by the truth.

95% of Elder fans have accepted this and moved on. It's why attendance is down, it's why this forum is down, it's why donations are down. People still love their school, and they still support the kids, but they're kind of fed up with everything being the same. There's more each year and they aren't bad people. They're people who know success is possible with some strategic vision and are tired of waiting for someone to implement it.

You bring up the same things every year and hope there will be different results. It's not changing anytime soon. I don't know why you have a hard time accepting that.

Last edited:
What did you get banned for as "trey2k", to have to come back as "old school panther".....and how are you old school anyway?.....sounds like that goes against your entire philosophy on this board

Case in point. I'm an imposter and everything I say is pathetic.

Keep your heads in the sand. Hey, maybe next year will be different (not). I'm out.

3rd &15 Play man against guys you know are faster is being prepared? What annoyed you about the Staff being unprepared? 475 yard Offense Allowed is prepared with a good game plan?

475 yards is a team being a lot better than you. Elder had a DE playing NG, a LB playing CB, and a FB playing ILB. That’s a huge issue with regards to personnel.

Last edited:
There have been people warning of this decline on these boards for years, and whenever they do, they get trashed. These results were inevitable because of decisions made years ago. All of those posters are either ridiculed constantly, or they are gone because they've given up with the crowd that does nothing but be blinded by the truth.

95% of Elder fans have accepted this and moved on. It's why attendance is down, it's why this forum is down, it's why donations are down. People still love their school, and they still support the kids, but they're kind of fed up with everything being the same. There's more each year and they aren't bad people. They're people who know success is possible with some strategic vision and are tired of waiting for someone to implement it.

You bring up the same things every year and hope there will be different results. It's not changing anytime soon. I don't know why you have a hard time accepting that.

You keep throwing bs out there with no facts. You speak in generalities with zero info to back up your claims.

I’ve been at the forefront of talking about the decline, and I stand by it being a very real issue. However, theres no conspiracy to silence dissidents. There are still fans with their heads up their rear ends regarding the talent situation, but if they want to stay in their safe space, nothing you can do.

To be clear, I’m not backing off my position. A lot of what Trey said is true, I know that bc he stole it from me. My issue with him isn’t for being critical. It’s because he went into hiding when things were going well and then came out to tear them down when things turned. I’m sure we all know people like this, who care more about being able to say “I told you so” when things go wrong than actually seeing things work out.

Last edited:
Case in point. I'm an imposter and everything I say is pathetic.

Keep your heads in the sand. Hey, maybe next year will be different (not). I'm out.

Everyone with an ounce of intelligence knows this isn’t your first handle. But yeah, throw your typical hissy fits when people call you out, that’s really throwing people off your track.

I don't know why you think this was all "your idea" or that you're some lone wolf. There has been feedback around your exact ideas, as well as Elder's perception of not accepting of outsiders for years.

This feedback has been happening for years, and not on here, but in real life. You're not a trend setter, but you are not in the minority either. That's why I don't understand why you attack everyone that basically has the same opinion as you. It's like you want credit for the revolution.

How much noise do you think they received after the basketball incident? It was alot. It was exact same ideas that they have to start opening themselves up to new ideas, cultures, and types of people, and start teaching their students this as well. They have to get away from this insulated view of like people, minds, and ideas. This doesn't directly play into your idea about non-feeder kids, but it most certainly applies.

What has happened since that uproar? It's been almost a year. It tells you all you need to know. But keep acting like all this ain't real. There's zero chance they will be successful accepting outsiders by just saying "we accept outsiders". That's why your demand they just go out and find non-feeder kids is so unbelievably unrealistic.

It could be a huge success. I'm with you there. But it's not something you can just flip the switch on. It's not marketing and billboards and an Admin Director knocking on doors. It's a choice to do things differently so others feel they are welcome and that the school provides opportunity to everyone.

I post all this, and then people say "all you do is badmouth them" - this isn't badmouthing anyone.

I don't know why you think this was all "your idea" or that you're some lone wolf. There has been feedback around your exact ideas, as well as Elder's perception of not accepting of outsiders for years.

This feedback has been happening for years, and not on here, but in real life. You're not a trend setter, but you are not in the minority either. That's why I don't understand why you attack everyone that basically has the same opinion as you. It's like you want credit for the revolution.

How much noise do you think they received after the basketball incident? It was alot. It was exact same ideas that they have to start opening themselves up to new ideas, cultures, and types of people, and start teaching their students this as well. They have to get away from this insulated view of like people, minds, and ideas. This doesn't directly play into your idea about non-feeder kids, but it most certainly applies.

What has happened since that uproar? It's been almost a year. It tells you all you need to know. But keep acting like all this ain't real. There's zero chance they will be successful accepting outsiders by just saying "we accept outsiders". That's why your demand they just go out and find non-feeder kids is so unbelievably unrealistic.

It could be a huge success. I'm with you there. But it's not something you can just flip the switch on. It's not marketing and billboards and an Admin Director knocking on doors. It's a choice to do things differently so others feel they are welcome and that the school provides opportunity to everyone.

I post all this, and then people say "all you do is badmouth them" - this isn't badmouthing anyone.

What kind of structural changes take place in less than a Yr? The X incident took place in Jan/Feb of this Yr. By then most kids had decided on where they were going. Those are this year’s Freshmen. We won’t know what kind of progress is really being made until the next class (2023) comes in. I’m not shocked how you’re either purposefully ignoring that fact or just plain ignorant. Any openening you have to complain, you’ll take.

How many minority teachers do they have? How many minority coaches do they have? What percentage of diversity do they want to see in their staff in a decade? What are the plans to provide more opportunity except for the same faces we see on the basketball, football, and baseball fields? What type of pro-active out-reach have they done to students in the neighborhood, or in neighborhoods not traditional feeders? What are their goals for minority percentage of students over the next decade? What's the plan to get there? What's the plan to address the similar feedback they got from the survey they sent out around this issue? What scholarships have they set up for minority applicants? Will they continue to hire mainly Elder alumni into teaching and staff positions?

In today's world, "the Elder way" is a tough sell. Insulated thinking and a reluctance to change culture is not tolerated with young families.

All information that can be shared. Maybe others have heard something. Anyone else have a clue what they're doing? Anyone? I'll wait.

How many minority teachers do they have? How many minority coaches do they have? What are the plans to provide more opportunity except for the same faces we see on the basketball, football, and baseball fields? What type of pro-active out-reach have they done to students in the neighborhood, or in neighborhoods not traditional feeders? What are their goals for minority percentage of students over the next decade? What's the plan to get there? What's the plan to address the similar feedback they got from the survey they sent out around this issue? What scholarships have they set up for minority applicants? Will they continue to hire mainly Elder alumni into teaching and staff positions?

All information that can be shared. Maybe others have heard something. Anyone else have a clue what they're doing? Anyone? I'll wait.

Instead of complaining, why don’t you ask someone at Elder?. I’m serious, email Brian Heils and ask him. If he doesn’t respond or gives you some kind of canned response, then rip them all you want.

You say you’re afraid of the politics or being blacklisted, but if structure your questions in a non confrontational manner, nobody will give it a second thought. You’re just an Alumni interested in the comings and goings of the school.

Im guessing you won’t do that bc if they actually respond with something tangible, it might (temporarily) take away your reason to piss and moan.

Because I know they will treat me like they treated you. They will become confrontational and instead of just listening, they will become argumentative and offended. I've seen it. You've seen it. They don't like to hear these types of things because it's personal to them.

Diversifying and changing is a threat to their way of being.

If I really felt they'd be open to listening, I'd be on the phone tomorrow.

Because I know they will treat me like they treated you. They will become confrontational and instead of just listening, they will become argumentative and offended. I've seen it. You've seen it. They don't like to hear these types of things because it's personal to them.

Diversifying and changing is a threat to their way of being.

They knew who I was even before the incident at the Ed’s game, and still responded.

If I were you, and was afraid of being identified, id wait a few weeks before reaching out. Ask your questions in a way that are more inquisitive as opposed to judgemental.

475 yards is a team being a lot better than you. Elder had a DE playing NG, a LB playing CB, and a FB playing ILB. That’s a huge issue with regards to personnel.

Yep 475 and 42-0 is definitely being a lot better team. The other things in your post are what I call excuses and not having kids in best position to even have a chance at being successful. Again, Why were you annoyed at the Staff for not being prepared? Annoyed with preparation but not the game plan?

Yep 475 and 42-0 is definitely being a lot better team. The other things in your post are what I call excuses and not having kids in best position to even have a chance at being successful. Again, Why were you annoyed at the Staff for not being prepared? Annoyed with preparation but not the game plan?

Those aren’t excuses, that’s to display the talent discrepancy. When you’re going up against an Option team, your top prority is to stack the box and not let them beat you with the run. As a result, you’ve got to leave your Corners on an island, which isn’t a favorable matchup in Elder’s case. Why is that so hard to comprehend? You’re giving your Corners that responsibility for the game.

And it annoys me bc it’s shifting the blame for the loss on to the staff instead of acknowledging the reality, Elder doesn’t have the talent to hang with these teams. There are still way too many Elder fans who don’t see the lack in talent. Either bc they don’t pay close enough attention or they don’t want to believe that heart and grit are dwarfed by ability.

It’s s simple answer with a more difficult solution... get better players.

Colerain falls to St. Eds in the state championship game 24-10.

This was a St. Eds team that Elder competed against in a hard fought game losing 36-30 at the Pit in September.

Colerain falls to St. Eds in the state championship game 24-10.

This was a St. Eds team that Elder competed against in a hard fought game losing 36-30 at the Pit in September.

I think you’re being disingenuous. Games in September rarely reflect the same teams we see in November. In 2014 Elder beat an Ed’s team (in September) that won state over a Wayne team that shallacked Elder in the 1st Round. State champs grow throughout the season, and this Ed’s team made gigantic strides throughout the playoffs.

I’d also say Colerain might’ve been a victim of their own success. As soon as Eds took the lead, they panicked. Aside from week 2 v X, they didn’t know how to react to playing in a close game late. Remember, these are still teenagers, and when that panic builds up, mistakes happen, and you’re not at your best.

Ed’s also drastically outcoached Colerain. They committed entirely to stopping the Dive and Colerain stubbornly stick with it. Though I do think Jones stayed in bounds on that swing pass, the announcers kind of glossed over that, but that was a crucial officiating error.

Last edited:
When Bittner and Masminster were healthy, Elder has a great running game to complement a great passing game. St. Ed had a great running threat with their QB and RB along with a really good passing game. That multi - dimensional threat is something Colerain didn’t face all year.

When Bittner and Masminster were healthy, Elder has a great running game to complement a great passing game. St. Ed had a great running threat with their QB and RB along with a really good passing game. That multi - dimensional threat is something Colerain didn’t face all year.

St. Ed's offense plan was perfect and balanced. Short passing game, threats downfield and the running game was done at the right time. Their defense in control the whole time even with a very poor offensive game plan. It seemed like the cards ran Pace too often in the same series. I understand thats how the offense works, but it really didnt work last night. Good season for the cards. St. Ed's back on top. Go to work panthers!

Luebbe is much more comparable a runner to the St Ed's QB. Elder also didn't have a RB like Castleberry. St Edward is much bigger up front than Colerain and starting mid 3rd Qtr thru the end of the game they abused the Colerain front 7. Bittner had a better understanding of the entire playbook from a QB standpoint but Luebbe didn't play so poorly that it ended up 42-0. It ended 42-0 because Colerain was a better team. Bittner wouldn't have changed the outcome, maybe the score wouldn't have been as lopsided but they still would have lost.

Agreed. Elder would have lost with Bittner, OBrien, & all the injured players healthy, but it would have been a game.

I still do not understand, with that Elder o-line, why Elder didnt try to run the ball more against Colerain. Yes, when the score got to 21-0 late in the 3rd, Elder had to throw. But IMO Elder had an opportunity but never took advantage.

Stop making excuses. Defense won the game for Ed’s. A healthy Elder still loses by 3 TDs. Until Elder has a more talented Defense, you’re going to keep seeing the same results vs Colerain, WW, Ed’s, etc.

Last edited:
St. Ed's offense plan was perfect and balanced. Short passing game, threats downfield and the running game was done at the right time. Their defense in control the whole time even with a very poor offensive game plan. It seemed like the cards ran Pace too often in the same series. I understand thats how the offense works, but it really didnt work last night. Good season for the cards. St. Ed's back on top. Go to work panthers!

Nailed it. Again, I don’t think you can underestimate the importance of being battle tested. These are kids and they didn’t know how to handle the pressure of a tight game. You could see the Offense really tighten up, bc they know they’re severely disadvantaged playing behind. Players try to do too much, and mistakes compound themselves.