Football Scrimmages August 21 and 22

Mike Dyer released the memo to member schools. 1 football scrimmage is allowed August 21st or 22nd, but they want football to be mindful of soccer scheduled games on Friday, August 21st.

Another interesting thing I saw in the memo is game day is limited to a roster of 60 dressed players.

Friday- New Albany at Olentangy Orange

New Albany cancelled ??

Orange will now scrimmage Marysville on Friday at 4:00

Last edited:
Can they have scrimmages or only jamboree games where you are charged to attend ? Then that money goes back to ohsaa

Can they have scrimmages or only jamboree games where you are charged to attend ? Then that money goes back to ohsaa
It says scrimmages.

I was at an intrasquad scrimmage last Friday. NO spectators, not even parents.

Well nobody except the folks standing on the roof of their RV parked against the fence.

I would think there'd be less supervision of attendance at a scrimmage, where attendance is expected to be light, than at an actual game.

I also find it hard to believe that the state would mandate no fans for scrimmages (again because so few typically show up), but I could be wrong.

Why not if you think their is going to be a covid outbreak by scrimmaging than so be it. Football teams need to knock some rust off and can only do that by hitting someone.

There's something to be said for being able to get live action against something other than "backups", since high school teams generally can't go "1s vs. 1's" with kids playing both ways.

I would think there'd be less supervision of attendance at a scrimmage, where attendance is expected to be light, than at an actual game.

I also find it hard to believe that the state would mandate no fans for scrimmages (again because so few typically show up), but I could be wrong.
So all these games going on Friday night, who is going to be enforcing how many fans attending these games. Schools want to make money, so they will be refusing selling $7 tickets to people?

So all these games going on Friday night, who is going to be enforcing how many fans attending these games. Schools want to make money, so they will be refusing selling $7 tickets to people?
My point exactly. There would have to be 350 compliance officers in order to have just one at every game that is played Aug 28, for example.

There is, however, the distinct possibility that there'll be no sales at the gate. That would limit people.

My point exactly. There would have to be 350 compliance officers in order to have just one at every game that is played Aug 28, for example.

There is, however, the distinct possibility that there'll be no sales at the gate. That would limit people.
At the gate, would probably not happen, but my thinking is the casual fan would be sold tickets in advance at the school.

I'm pretty sure there will be no ticket sales at the gates and the kids will most likely have to give the names of the people that will be able to get tickets at schools. Away games will be interesting. Probably will be handled like playoff games with the parameters I just mentioned.

I'm pretty sure there will be no ticket sales at the gates and the kids will most likely have to give the names of the people that will be able to get tickets at schools. Away games will be interesting. Probably will be handled like playoff games with the parameters I just mentioned.
But that is going to be a lot of wasted seats at Mollenkopf, that people could actually go

We'll see how it goes. Fans might be able to get in our games. The Howland game maybe not though.
I can't wait to see who screws the pooch by not being able to follow the restrictions put on these games that enable these kids to play. I can see people not being able to control themselves over being unable to attend the games and someone will have to pay the price.

I can't wait to see who screws the pooch by not being able to follow the restrictions put on these games that enable these kids to play. I can see people not being able to control themselves over being unable to attend the games and someone will have to pay the price.
Its not about screwing the pooch. We play in a 15,000 seat stadium. We have a total of 75 boys in our school. No band. It will not be a problem for us to have "those that are close to the players" attend games. My point was no family members will be turned away. We do get big crowds, but in our stadiums we could always social distance.

Its not about screwing the pooch. We play in a 15,000 seat stadium. We have a total of 75 boys in our school. No band. It will not be a problem for us to have "those that are close to the players" attend games. My point was no family members will be turned away. We do get big crowds, but in our stadiums we could always social distance.
I suspect there WILL be others who say they've been season ticket holders for years for their school and THEY can't go to their games so it's not fair that you can. Stuff like this will happen.