Follow the money. BLM style

Rifles kill very few people. You have allowed emotion to overide logic and facts. Criminals do not care about laws, that is why they are criminals. Why can't you understand that?
The 10 events listed since 2012 were murder using the AR-15. Address that. You want to cloud the issue, as I said earlier, with gang war stats. Address the crazies killing 20-30 people at a time with semi automatic weapons.

The 10 events listed since 2012 were murder using the AR-15. Address that. You want to cloud the issue, as I said earlier, with gang war stats. Address the crazies killing 20-30 people at a time with semi automatic weapons.
You can't get around the fact that all rifles kill very few people, even when you include the shootings you are referring to.

I don't understand. You are more concerned about guns that kill very few people, but not the ones that kills thousands more? Do you realize how insane that is? And you also think that outlawing them, will stop criminals, intent on killing people, from killing people? By definition, criminals do not follow the law. All you are doing is preventing a law abiding citizen from using a weapon like that in defending himself from these criminals. How is that making anyone safer?
I read where only one shooter was brought down in the last 28 mass shooting by a guy carrying a weapon. Regardless, vigilantism isn’t the answer. We’re any of the shooters in those ten events criminals before they carried out their horrific crime?
Oh my god
Allsports12 where are you. There is some language on hear that needs moderating.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't get around the fact that all rifles kill very few people, even when you include the shootings you are referring to.
Yeah, I would like semi automatic handguns outlawed also. That would put a dent in the type of violence that you continue to fixate on. But, it’s not gang bangers who are carrying out the events I listed. How about addressing just that. What’s your solution to that?

I read where only one shooter was brought down in the last 28 mass shooting by a guy carrying a weapon. Regardless, vigilantism isn’t the answer. We’re any of the shooters in those ten events criminals before they carried out their horrific crime?

Allsports12 where are you. There is some language on hear that needs moderating.
You seem miserable. Take some time off. You seem to dish it out but can't handle it. Read a book for a while

Hard drugs are illegal. People still get them. School zones are gun free zones. Going by your stupid attempt at logic , that would deter criminals.

The criminals will still get any gun that you make illegal. You ignored this point repeatedly

Clearly you know nothing at all about guns. Just another gun grabber liberal talking about something he knows zero about. Whenever someone talks about an AR 15 being a big scary gun , you know it's just a pansy liberal going with news propaganda while knowing nothing about guns. My sister shot that gun hot pink ear protection and all at age 7 or 8....

The real issue here is mental health along with the politically correct and woke crowd who are giving all these future killers the leeway to build up to a mass shooting.

How many times do you have neighbors and students talking about warning signs with these school shooters after the fact ? They don't come forward for fear of being wrong and being called racist or prejudice or any other ism by the liberal crowd who make everything racist and dividing to get votes.

Improving mental health and getting people to come forward instead of being scared to do so because of the ism crowd would do a lot more than banning inanimate objects from law abiding citizens

Last edited:
I’m not asking that hand guns be outlawed. I’m expecting our government to outlaw military style weapons. Give that Vegas shooter all the handguns you want. He doesn’t kill 60 people and wound over 100 others. Not only that, the police take him out in minutes. The Newtown shooter doesn’t kill over 20 kindergarteners and first graders if all he has is a handgun. I also want magazines limited. Who needs a 30 bullet magazine? That stuff is sheer insanity. Are you really that afraid?

Not the big ones. Certainly not the ones I listed.
Because you only listed the ones using AR15’s ? the Sandy Hook crazy could have used a hand gun with equal effect in that closed location. The Las Vegas one, you’re correct that the type of weapon used caused more deaths because it was from distance. I own all kinds of guns and have yet seen them go off by themselves ??

Because you only listed the ones using AR15’s ? the Sandy Hook crazy could have used a hand gun with equal effect in that closed location. The Las Vegas one, you’re correct that the type of weapon used caused more deaths because it was from distance. I own all kinds of guns and have yet seen them go off by themselves ??
The Vegas shooter uses an IED instead and more casualties happen.

https://www.fbi.gov/history/famous-cases/oklahoma-city-bombing

Sand Hook shooter decides to use the Bath method. More children die

Then let include the Truck method

Last edited:
Yeah, I would like semi automatic handguns outlawed also. That would put a dent in the type of violence that you continue to fixate on. But, it’s not gang bangers who are carrying out the events I listed. How about addressing just that. What’s your solution to that?
I don’t have a solution, but I can assure you taking guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens isn’t going to solve anything.

Hard drugs are illegal. People still get them. School zones are gun free zones. Going by your stupid attempt at logic , that would deter criminals.

The criminals will still get any gun that you make illegal. You ignored this point repeatedly

Clearly you know nothing at all about guns. Just another gun grabber liberal talking about something he knows zero about. Whenever someone talks about an AR 15 being a big scary gun , you know it's just a pansy liberal going with news propaganda while knowing nothing about guns. My sister shot that gun hot pink ear protection and all at age 7 or 8....

The real issue here is mental health along with the politically correct and woke crowd who are giving all these future killers the leeway to build up to a mass shooting.

How many times do you have neighbors and students talking about warning signs with these school shooters after the fact ? They don't come forward for fear of being wrong and being called racist or prejudice or any other ism by the liberal crowd who make everything racist and dividing to get votes.

Improving mental health and getting people to come forward instead of being scared to do so because of the ism crowd would do a lot more than banning inanimate objects from law abiding citizens
So why not support increased background checks specifically aimed at mental health and red flag laws? By the way your not talking to a liberal pansy, and only a true dumb$$ associates owning a gun with bravery.

Mass shootings are defined as any shooting event where four or more people are killed. Semi Automatic weapons were outlawed until 2004. A lot of statistics quoted by the gun crowd go back as far as 1982. That minimizes the percentage of deaths where the AR-15 was used. Here’s a list of 10 well known mass shootings published on PolitiFact. All are within the last ten years, and in each one the AR-15 was used. It is the choice of those responsible for mass shootings. Each of these events are easily recognized and very recent. Boulder (supermarket 10 dead), Orlando (Pulse Niteclub 53 dead), Parkland (High School 17 dead), Las Vegas (Concert 60 dead), Aurora (movie theater 12 dead), Sandy Hook (Newtown elementary school 26 dead), Waffle House (Nashville 4 dead), San Bernardino (Dept. of Health Xmas Party 14 dead), Midland/Odessa ( freeway & other roadways 7 dead), Sutherland Springs (Baptist Church 26 dead), and Tree of Life Synagogue ( Church 12 dead). Yes, more people are killed by handguns etc, but not mass shootings. The AR-15 is manufactured for one reason, to kill a lot of people very quickly. Outlawing military style weapons like this does take away 2nd amendment rights. A person can still own a firearm for protection, target shooting, hunting, etc. Be reasonable, sick individuals are killing many people and it is getting worse, and this is the weapon they are using.
You expose your ignorance on this topic quite often.

I'll take your list representing the last TEN YEARS and raise you what happened in 2020 in just Chicago:

For 2020:

Shot & Killed = 719
Shot & Wounded = 3455

Hell there are wars with less casualties.
There's a reason they call it Chiraq

I’m not asking that hand guns be outlawed. I’m expecting our government to outlaw military style weapons. Give that Vegas shooter all the handguns you want. He doesn’t kill 60 people and wound over 100 others. Not only that, the police take him out in minutes. The Newtown shooter doesn’t kill over 20 kindergarteners and first graders if all he has is a handgun. I also want magazines limited. Who needs a 30 bullet magazine? That stuff is sheer insanity. Are you really that afraid?

Not the big ones. Certainly not the ones I listed.
You are like the protesters who said just give us Chief Wahoo we'll leave the name Indians alone. You arent calling for handguns...yet. say you get rid of the big scary rifles and people are shooting up schools and grocery stores with handguns. Well then of course they'll have to go too. You do realize handguns are semi auto as well right?

As for fear, are you really that naive? There are bad people out there...including many in government. Look how this pandemic nonsense has dragged on, always a new excuse (the variants!) or impossible benchmark to justify maintaining control. Government is not your friend, that's the purpose of the Constitution to protect us from it....especially the 2nd Amendment.

So why not support increased background checks specifically aimed at mental health and red flag laws? By the way your not talking to a liberal pansy, and only a true dumb$$ associates owning a gun with bravery.
Owning or not owning a gun has nothing to do with bravery. I can see by your posts overall that you are a liberal sissy. You also know nothing about guns and are just going with liberal propaganda on them.

Red flag laws don't work for most of these cases. Criminals don't care about them. Kids who are mentally unstable are often clean in terms of record and get them legally or steal them from someone else to do the crime. Red flag laws don't prevent any of that

You would know.
Yes, my background has allowed me to experience first-hand, the phenomena of message board courage.

Exactly how do you get to become a moderator? What qualifies you? I would think that a true moderator would be objective, not supporting one debate side or the other. Reading your comments, I don’t think that describes you.
I'm a bit taken aback at your question, being that you have all those advanced degrees and 45 years of work experience..... but, because the answer will make you look like the fool that you have exhibited to be, I'll happily answer for you.....

About 7 1/2 years ago Yappi opened up a "Ask The Ref" thread in the football forum. After a short time, it became apparent that the person answering the questions was less than prepared to answer them correctly. At that point I offered my background tp Yappi and he granted me moderator status to monitor the four ATR threads he created (FB,BB GBK, BBK...... there's one in wrestling that was already established).

My condition for this was, I would only moderate those four threads. I gave him my word that I would not get involved in the moderation of any other thread on his board. The reason was simple.....I did not desire to be involved moderating his other topics. I already do that on a number of other boards and groups and simply don't want to take on any more.

Being a man of my word, in those 7 1/2 years, I have never gotten involved in a thread outside of the ATR threads and I'm not going to start now.

If you want to be a moderator, PM Yappi, I'm sure he'll take a serious look at your credentials.

Moral of story.....

Don't assume ;)

You don't think someone can kill little kids in a school with a handgun? Do you know anything about guns? Yes, the AR-15 is scary looking (to some). How about the semi-automatic rifles that look more like traditional hunting rifles? You're cool with those?

Anyone can cherry pick stats. Not impressed.
I don’t call the ten most deadly mass shootings in the last 8-10 years ago cherry-picking. Trying to cloud the issue with hand gun violence is very disingenuous. The point is mass shootings. Not even a good try.

I don’t call the ten most deadly mass shootings in the last 8-10 years ago cherry-picking. Trying to cloud the issue with hand gun violence is very disingenuous. The point is mass shootings. Not even a good try.
And mass shootings can happen with hand guns, you seem to be flailing a bit....

Reactions: y2h
Yes, my background has allowed me to experience first-hand, the phenomena of message board courage.

I'm a bit taken aback at your question, being that you have all those advanced degrees and 45 years of work experience..... but, because the answer will make you look like the fool that you have exhibited to be, I'll happily answer for you.....

About 7 1/2 years ago Yappi opened up a "Ask The Ref" thread in the football forum. After a short time, it became apparent that the person answering the questions was less than prepared to answer them correctly. At that point I offered my background tp Yappi and he granted me moderator status to monitor the four ATR threads he created (FB,BB GBK, BBK...... there's one in wrestling that was already established).

My condition for this was, I would only moderate those four threads. I gave him my word that I would not get involved in the moderation of any other thread on his board. The reason was simple.....I did not desire to be involved moderating his other topics. I already do that on a number of other boards and groups and simply don't want to take on any more.

Being a man of my word, in those 7 1/2 years, I have never gotten involved in a thread outside of the ATR threads and I'm not going to start now.

If you want to be a moderator, PM Yappi, I'm sure he'll take a serious look at your credentials.

Moral of story.....

Don't assume ;)
I’ll bet you’re one of those referees who think they’re part of the show. You know the guys that think the fans come to watch them. I now understand your thought process.

Ouch, I bet he's reeling after that zinger....
I’m not surprised that you wouldn’t understand. The high school basketball world is full of referees who are very impressed with themselves. He knows what I’m saying even if you don’t.