Flying to the Hoop

D80C50A0-17A5-4E6D-B1B6-A534103D9ECC.jpeg

Seems like less big name schools from out of state this year, guessing due to pandemic. Miss the old days of premier out of state teams battling it out in a prime time Saturday night game. St Louis Christian academy vs ischool just doesn't do it for me.

Who is a power team on their schedule besides SVSM and Canton McKinley?? Beach Ball doesn't have any national teams this year. I'll wait . . .

Didn't realize Kremer was under obligation to you, to schedule the right amount of "power teams"? Kremer clearly doesn't want to play in this event. Apparently the same goes for the other programs in the GCL. Maybe they don't like to people running the event?

FTTH never wanted the GCL slow it down style of basketball at the event, never inviting any of the 4 GCL schools for the longest time. Since Moeller has been running up and down (less stall ball) in the last 4 years, I have heard Cramer has gotten the invite.....declines it every year.

FTTH never wanted the GCL slow it down style of basketball at the event, never inviting any of the 4 GCL schools for the longest time. Since Moeller has been running up and down (less stall ball) in the last 4 years, I have heard Cramer has gotten the invite.....declines it every year.

Thanks for the Laugh. So they invite loser public schools to entice attendance? LOL

Didn't realize Kremer was under obligation to you, to schedule the right amount of "power teams"? Kremer clearly doesn't want to play in this event. Apparently the same goes for the other programs in the GCL. Maybe they don't like to people running the event?
He's not but if you want to be the best you should play the best. The players ask every year to play in the event and the coaches say NO every year. He doesn't want to play bc if they played one of the national teams they would lose and Kremer doesn't want to be embarassed on the big stage.

Coaches have a rhyme and reason for the schedule that they play . Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I hope the folks on this thread realize that these “national teams” are not a real high school teams.Most of them are boarding schools and can get kids from anywhere they choose. There is a reason their state athletic associations will not let them compete in the state playoffs. They play by a different set of rules. FTTH is a fine event. It’s main purpose is to showcase players for college coaches., not necessarily to showcase teams. Last time I checked it is a high school coaches job in Ohio to build his or her program to where they are competing to get to Columbus. Just a thought

Seems like less big name schools from out of state this year, guessing due to pandemic. Miss the old days of premier out of state teams battling it out in a prime time Saturday night game. St Louis Christian academy vs ischool just doesn't do it for me.
The teams that were invited to FTTH usually either have a good player(s) or is a good team. I also heard with the pandemic the schedule was reworked a couple of times per Eric Horstman from his press conference. There may have been some teams that FTTH wanted but have travel restrictions and can’t play.

Moeller has played in FTTH before. From what I heard, Kremer takes team to Florida or South Carolina over Christmas break and schedule is typically full which gives no games for FTTH.

I asked Cov Catholic(Kentucky)coach about FTTH and he always liked coming up here to play some teams from Ohio and country to get out of Kentucky for a change.

GCL has been represented in the past at FTTH. Moeller, CJ, Roger Bacon, LaSalle, Alter, Fenwick this year.

Moeller has played in FTTH before. From what I heard, Kremer takes team to Florida or South Carolina over Christmas break and schedule is typically full which gives no games for FTTH.

I asked Cov Catholic(Kentucky)coach about FTTH and he always liked coming up here to play some teams from Ohio and country to get out of Kentucky for a change.

GCL has been represented in the past at FTTH. Moeller, CJ, Roger Bacon, LaSalle, Alter, Fenwick this year.

Moeller is always looking for games... schedule being full is definitely not the reason they don't play in FTTH. And I don't think they have ever played in FTTH.

Moeller played in FTTH in 2009 . . . for the past 2 years instead of playing in FTTH they play in some lame event at Middletown High School the same weekend.

I'm scratching my head wondering why only one team is playing two games. You'd think coming from long distances, the team would prefer or want two games.

I'm scratching my head wondering why only one team is playing two games. You'd think coming from long distances, the team would prefer or want two games.
The national prep teams usually only play 1 game b/c they are playing in another event the same weekend. For example, when Prolific Prep or Hillcrest played on a Friday night in Dayton they then fly to play in Hoophall Classic on Monday.

The national prep teams usually only play 1 game b/c they are playing in another event the same weekend. For example, when Prolific Prep or Hillcrest played on a Friday night in Dayton they then fly to play in Hoophall Classic on Monday.
Gotcha. I've seen a few over the years have two games at FTTH. Just wondering. Thanks.