First Miami Valley Coaches Poll

Should be a good one in Oakwood this evening as Bellbrook visits Oakwood.

I would have voted Oakwood #1 this week based upon all the scores, but Bellbrook certainly has some good wins already.

Waynesville plays Monroe tonight getting their first true taste of the SWBL East.

Looking forward to Troy Christian games this week against Alter and Dayton Christian! Scrimmages against Oakwood, Tipp, Carrol, CJ and first 4 of 5 season games being against state ranked opponents has been a learning curve for their young defensive line, but great experience at the same time.

Looking forward to Troy Christian games this week against Alter and Dayton Christian! Scrimmages against Oakwood, Tipp, Carrol, CJ and first 4 of 5 season games being against state ranked opponents has been a learning curve for their young defensive line, but great experience at the same time.
TC is very well coached and will be at their best when it matters most...in the post-season.

TC is very well coached and will be at their best when it matters most...in the post-season.
Yes they are. And they had a few key injuries getting healthy. I absolutely love their scheduling, who cares about the records.

But, the ME lose was a tough one. I did not suspect ME had that much quality this year. Good for them!

Yes they are. And they had a few key injuries getting healthy. I absolutely love their scheduling, who cares about the records.

But, the ME lose was a tough one. I did not suspect ME had that much quality this year. Good for them!
In their new league they play everyone twice. These two will get to meet again.

Not sure Centerville is the best in the Dayton Area, Beavercreek should have something to say about that.

Bellbrook 3
Beavercreek 3

Great game.

Scoreless first half, with Beavercreek putting two off the posts and a couple flurries in front of the goal.

Bellbrook struck twice early in the second half with set pieces off corners.

Beavercreek scored on a deserved PK.

Bellbrook scored on a free kick from about 25.

Beavercreek responded with two more, last one with about a minute and a half remaining.

Fun game to watch.

Great effort by TC in a 2-1 loss to Alter and great performance this evening in a 2-0 win against Dayton Christian. Looking at another tough week with Seven Hills and Bethel on the schedule. Boys are improving and gelling as a team.

Last edited:
Great effort by TC in a 2-1 loss to Alter and great performance this evening in a 2-0 win against Dayton Christian. Looking at another tough week with Sevin Hills and Bethel on the schedule. Boys are improving and gelling as a team.
Hardened for a great playoff run.

I had heard the TC Alter game was won on a penalty that was questionable. Does anyone that went to the game have any insight?

I had heard the TC Alter game was won on a penalty that was questionable. Does anyone that went to the game have any insight?
I was there. TC defender was falling down just inside the top of the box and the ball was kicked (not a shot) into his outstretched arm. Ref called handling. Alter went up 2-0, but a couple mins later TC had a free kick that was deflected by an Alter defender into their goal. Overall, Alter had better/more chances, but I do think the pk call was poor by the ref.

Here’s the relevant section of the FIFA law:

• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for examplemoving the hand/arm towards the ball
  • touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised.

The video after shows the TC players motioning as if the Alter attacker pushed and the Alter player had his hands up to his chest indicating he didn’t push. I can’t tell from this video. I did slow down the video to .25 speed, but in real time it would be difficult to conclude it was an intentional swat. But, that just my opinion.

Man at game speed that is tough. I want to give the offensive player the benefit of the doubt there. But if you stop at :07, that arm motion seems like a follow through. You would need to be like a basketball ref though right next to it to see it well though.