Federal League 2023-2024

This is off topic, but I was in Wooster last night to see the girls D-3 district final between Chippewa and Smithville. With 3.5 seconds left and down 32-30 Chippewa took the ball out at half court, a freshman ended up with it and threw up a prayer with her off hand surrounded by two defenders and hit nothing but net. Crazy and unbelievable.

This is off topic, but I was in Wooster last night to see the girls D-3 district final between Chippewa and Smithville. With 3.5 seconds left and down 32-30 Chippewa took the ball out at half court, a freshman ended up with it and threw up a prayer with her off hand surrounded by two defenders and hit nothing but net. Crazy and unbelievable.
Saw it live also, unreal. More of a throw than a hook shot, but it's three in the scorebook. Congrats to your son and HC Katie.

Last edited:
Very surprised Hoover has won 16 games this. At the beginning of the season i thought at most they would win 8 and that was a stretch. Especially being only 1 senior, playing 2 frosh. Had an undefeated JV team and a good freshman team. Hoover could be near the top of the Fed for the next 4-5 years
Fed champ freshman team...with the two best freshman playing on varsity all year.

The Federal League will be guaranteed at least 1 appearance in the District Finals, with that being the winner of GlenOak/McKinley round 3.

Jackson will be playing Dover for the chance at a District Finals appearance, while Green is on the other side of the same bracket and will face off against Mentor, who has the highest ppg in the state, averaging 86.2 PPG during the regular season. Hoover will play Brecksville Broadview Heights, who are probably slight favorites considering their recent results haven't been great.

Overall, I believe 2 appearances are probable, 3 are a real possibility, and 4 is possible yet highly unlikely. Taking my personal preference out of this, I think Mentor/Green will be a very interesting matchup, with Jackson/Dover and GlenOak/McKinley a close second.

Interesting turn of events: Jackson is now MaxPreps highest-rated Federal League team, ranking 26th in the entire state. This is a large jump from Jackson's previous 33rd spot, with Green right behind them at #27 and GlenOak slightly farther back at #30.

Fed champ freshman team...with the two best freshman playing on varsity all year.
With all the talent coming up, I could see some of the younger kids leaving, because they realize that they might not be good enough bto play. But who knows

District Semi Final Big Time Sports TV Game. Replay tonight at 10:30 and Thurs at 5pm. Spectrum 989 and 15 MCTV 128. Uploaded to our YouTube Page be sure to Subscribe and Like Stream WIVMTV.COM