Fed up

Bomber06 said:
I don't understand why playing other sports is even an issue with Crable. Who is he to dictate that? There are numerous players on X's roster that play multiple sports (Scherer, Ries, Albright, Miller to name a miniscule amount), and its actually encouraged. Why is this an issue at Moeller?
It's not an issue. It's never been an issue. Moeller has many many players year after year who play football and other sports.

moemancc said:
Something tells me he won't regret it...
You're a moron. Pat already regrets what he did in the heat of the moment and has apologized for it. Too bad he can't unring the bell. Maybe this will be a valuable learning experience for him that will prevent him from a more major mistake later in life.

X TD for 6 said:
crable doesn't let his players play other sports?
He also doesn't let them watch TV, listen to rock music or eat candy.

St. X doesn't let their students use their brains?

MoeDude said:
TheRock,

You're right playing football for ANY high school is not the pinnacle of anyone's life. But it is unfortunate that Pat lost his cool like he did. And although he was wrong in what he did you still have to wonder why it got to that point.

As for wildbill's comment about overseas, I don't know about that but I do know that is true about anywhere in the continental US. Over the years I have been all over the states and whenever the topic of high schools comes up almost everytime when I say I went to Moeller people have heard about the football tradition.

Given that moemancc second post makes a lot more sense then the first i would agree with just about everything he posted the second time around.

Thanks Dude, just thought I would try to clear it up a little bit for ya since it seemed like you guys didnt quite understand what I was trying to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Typical Vox post, adolescent name calling and defending Crable to the end. We apologize to the Men of X in advance of it’s future posts and at least Pat has a pair.

I'd like to make a comment about this repeated statement that rich kids cannot play football. Guess whose been playing Moeller football for the past i dunno how many years? rich kids. It doesn't matter what background you come or how financially stable your family may be; you either have the desire and talent or you dont. By the way, if you want more underprivaleged kids to come play football at Moeller you need more financial aid to give to them. Technology to make a school top of line in academics cost a lot more than it did back when alot the older alumni was enrolled at Moeller. Since Moeller's history is fairly new and founded in reading, deer park, and silverton, not enough money can be given to use as financial aid while covering the costs of technology and facilities.

BTW, calling Moeller a football school is really selling it short of it's numerous academic and other achievements. Football put Moeller on the globe, but what keeps it on the globe is it's academic capabilities.

wildbill044 said:
Actually, I think Odom is very negative, but I haven't heard the rest of them. According to TO, it's never his fault (except the LaSalle call at the end).

I do not believe Odom is negative at all. After the games like Findlay, Odom still encouraged the offense and showed alot of faith in his players. I think this is the reason why, in the past couple weeks, the offense has been winning games...not the defense. I think the O is on a roll now and the D needs to get its head back on straight. The team can't be on different pages the whole season and expect to go far.

MoeStud88 said:
Football put Moeller on the globe, but what keeps it on the globe is it's academic capabilities.

Yes, academics are important, but this is a sports board and people want to talk about Moeller football, not Moeller academics. BTW, public schools will usually have better academics than any private school because they have the ability to pay teachers a lot more.

MoeStud88 said:
I think the O is on a roll now and the D needs to get its head back on straight. The team can't be on different pages the whole season and expect to go far.

i agree, the offense is playing very well right now, while the defense has dropped off the face of the earth. The defense started off the season unbelievable, while the offense struggled. And now the roles have been completely reversed, I just don't get it. Let's hope that both sides of the ball will be at their best the last two games.

BRICKtamland said:
Yes, academics are important, but this is a sports board and people want to talk about Moeller football, not Moeller academics. BTW, public schools will usually have better academics than any private school because they have the ability to pay teachers a lot more.
Not always, I had a teacher at Moeller tell me that he is fine with makeing less money because the kids at Moeller are better behaved.

Kornly77 said:
Not always, I had a teacher at Moeller tell me that he is fine with makeing less money because the kids at Moeller are better behaved.

That happens in some cases, but not most of the time. Anyway, I wonder what he was smoking when he said Moeller students were better behaved...:D

MoeStud88 said:
I'd like to make a comment about this repeated statement that rich kids cannot play football. Guess whose been playing Moeller football for the past i dunno how many years? rich kids. It doesn't matter what background you come or how financially stable your family may be; you either have the desire and talent or you dont. By the way, if you want more underprivaleged kids to come play football at Moeller you need more financial aid to give to them. Technology to make a school top of line in academics cost a lot more than it did back when alot the older alumni was enrolled at Moeller. Since Moeller's history is fairly new and founded in reading, deer park, and silverton, not enough money can be given to use as financial aid while covering the costs of technology and facilities.

BTW, calling Moeller a football school is really selling it short of it's numerous academic and other achievements. Football put Moeller on the globe, but what keeps it on the globe is it's academic capabilities.

Not saying rich kids can't play football... I say "rich kids" meaning kids that haven't had to work for much in their life, they just kind of have it given to them, and they don't respond well to critisizm because their always right at home...not their fault...they just don't get disciplined at home

IVYcrusader said:
Not saying rich kids can't play football... I say "rich kids" meaning kids that haven't had to work for much in their life, they just kind of have it given to them, and they don't respond well to critisizm because their always right at home...not their fault...they just don't get disciplined at home
That is a blanket statement that is utterly false. That's like saying poor kids aren't coachable because they've had to work for everything, and thus don't need someone telling them what they need to do to succeed.

Having known alot of poor people, many wouldn't know what an honest days work is. Conversely, most people I know with money have it for a reason... they worked their arse off for it, and instill the same work ethic in their children.

I'm going to go ahead and retract anything i've ever said in the past about it being a rich/ poor issue...you guys are right. But some of the kids we're getting are soft (for whatever reason) and they didn't used to be. Maybe there's a correlation between the types of kids we're getting and tuition going from just over $1,000 to almost $9,000 in 15 years...maybe there's not. Who's to say :shrug: Maybe it has something to do with kids sitting on the couch playing video games all day instead of going out to the park and doing something athletic. It could be anything...so it's wrong of me to just generalize. But this whole yelling thing and coaches being tough on kids would not have been an issue 15 years ago, and I have a hard time believing anyone would quit over it.

Last edited:
BRICKtamland said:

There is no question that the football program at Moeller is what put the school on the map. Those of us who came after the “glory days” are indebted to those who came before us in their example of hard work, success, and excellence. However, if we continue to stay fixated on the lack of state football championships and “righting that ship” we sell the school short of what it has become. I contend that the school as a whole is more successful in recent years that it has been before in its history. Multiple sports, academic programs, and other extra-curricular activities compete and succeed at the highest levels. The “glory days” of Moeller are today. If you travel and in conversation note you are from Moeller people will say “that football school in Cincinnati”, you sell all of those who came later in the school’s history short if you don’t pause and point out “ not only does it have a good football team it excels in just about everything else.” Being known as the football school can carry the reputation of the “dumb jock” school and that couldn’t be further from the truth, just look at the standardized test scores in recent years. As I said before I received an excellent education from Moeller and I am glad my parents had the foresight to ensure the school would prepare me for college. I think this is what MoeStud is trying to say.

Somebody mentioned correlations with respect to changes over the past 20 years. In the hey day the team was athletically superior to its opponents most didn’t have a chance – look at the 82 team. Because of this success rules regarding districts were imposed to create competitive parity. It could be argued that both Klonne and Crable have done more with less as compared to the glory day teams. They don’t have the pick of the litter and their competition is significantly better. Over this time span look at the number of D1 scholarships awarded to Moeller football players and you will see a correlation that supports this point of view. Other comments include the high price tag for tuition implying only rich spoiled kids can afford to go. If you want to hire good teachers and keep them, support technology important for students futures, and add modern facilities it will cost you. Education is not for free as can be seen by the shortages in the public school systems. And the reason you pay to go to the private school is for the academics, not so you can go play football.

Commitment is obviously important for any large group to succeed and the Moeller football team is a large organization. I don’t think it is as much of a question of commitment (thinking that you must be pretty committed to endure the long hours needed for football), as it is developing loyalty between the players and the coaches. Commitment comes easier if the people are loyal to each other.

Moellerfan said:
Typical Vox post, adolescent name calling and defending Crable to the end. We apologize to the Men of X in advance of it’s future posts and at least Pat has a pair.
You're as much of an idiot as X TD for 6, whose sole purpose is to come on the Moeller site and stir up negative garbage before the X-Moe game. He posted a "question" about Crable not letting players play other sports. Any Epsilon Semi-moron could easily compare Moe baseball and football rosters, or football and basketball rosters, or track and football rosters, or almost any other sport. Football players are well represented in all other sports at Moeller. Go ahead and fall into the X posters traps and then call me out for it. It's easier for you than actually using your brain.

moemancc said:
There is no question that the football program at Moeller is what put the school on the map. Those of us who came after the “glory days” are indebted to those who came before us in their example of hard work, success, and excellence. However, if we continue to stay fixated on the lack of state football championships and “righting that ship” we sell the school short of what it has become. I contend that the school as a whole is more successful in recent years that it has been before in its history. Multiple sports, academic programs, and other extra-curricular activities compete and succeed at the highest levels. The “glory days” of Moeller are today. If you travel and in conversation note you are from Moeller people will say “that football school in Cincinnati”, you sell all of those who came later in the school’s history short if you don’t pause and point out “ not only does it have a good football team it excels in just about everything else.” Being known as the football school can carry the reputation of the “dumb jock” school and that couldn’t be further from the truth, just look at the standardized test scores in recent years. As I said before I received an excellent education from Moeller and I am glad my parents had the foresight to ensure the school would prepare me for college. I think this is what MoeStud is trying to say.

Somebody mentioned correlations with respect to changes over the past 20 years. In the hey day the team was athletically superior to its opponents most didn’t have a chance – look at the 82 team. Because of this success rules regarding districts were imposed to create competitive parity. It could be argued that both Klonne and Crable have done more with less as compared to the glory day teams. They don’t have the pick of the litter and their competition is significantly better. Over this time span look at the number of D1 scholarships awarded to Moeller football players and you will see a correlation that supports this point of view. Other comments include the high price tag for tuition implying only rich spoiled kids can afford to go. If you want to hire good teachers and keep them, support technology important for students futures, and add modern facilities it will cost you. Education is not for free as can be seen by the shortages in the public school systems. And the reason you pay to go to the private school is for the academics, not so you can go play football.

Commitment is obviously important for any large group to succeed and the Moeller football team is a large organization. I don’t think it is as much of a question of commitment (thinking that you must be pretty committed to endure the long hours needed for football), as it is developing loyalty between the players and the coaches. Commitment comes easier if the people are loyal to each other.

Dude...you know nothing about the history of moeller football. You're dead wrong about us being physically superior and much better than every team we played. I'd post scores from national championship seasons, but the moeller athletics website isn't working right now. 1976 was the only year we absolutely dominated the field. Every other year we had at least 4-5 one or two touchdown victories. One year we won a national championship we beat lasalle 11-7, we always battled with princeton, i think it was '82 where we had to score two second half touchdowns against elder to stay undefeated (won 14-7). They weren't that much better, they believed they were that much better because they were committed and took pride in wearing the uniform and winning every single game. I'll post scores to prove my point whenever the website starts working again.

Also...as the number of moeller football players getting scholarships decreased...so did the number of scholarships available. In the 1970's teams could give out over 100 scolarships a year (infact I don't think there was a NCAA cap on the number of scholarships that could be given out, could be wrong), now each school's only allowed 85 (average of 21 per year). They reduced the number of scholarships to make football more competitive and for title 9 purposes.

The bottom line is...the players in the 70's and 80's were more committed to building the tradition, somewhere along the committment level dropped of a little. We gotta get it back.

Gosh darn’it, now I’m an idot. Tanks Vox for setting me straight. Just ease up on the name calling and enabling…that’s all…We all here as just as passionate about Moe as you are. Whoop Ed’s then we’ll worry about X’s trap.

IVYcrusader said:
Dude...you know nothing about the history of moeller football. You're dead wrong about us being physically superior and much better than every team we played. I'd post scores from national championship seasons, but the moeller athletics website isn't working right now. 1976 was the only year we absolutely dominated the field. Every other year we had at least 4-5 one or two touchdown victories. One year we won a national championship we beat lasalle 11-7, we always battled with princeton, i think it was '82 where we had to score two second half touchdowns against elder to stay undefeated (won 14-7). They weren't that much better, they believed they were that much better because they were committed and took pride in wearing the uniform and winning every single game. I'll post scores to prove my point whenever the website starts working again.

Also...as the number of moeller football players getting scholarships decreased...so did the number of scholarships available. In the 1970's teams could give out over 100 scolarships a year (infact I don't think there was a NCAA cap on the number of scholarships that could be given out, could be wrong), now each school's only allowed 85 (average of 21 per year). They reduced the number of scholarships to make football more competitive and for title 9 purposes.

The bottom line is...the players in the 70's and 80's were more committed to building the tradition, somewhere along the committment level dropped of a little. We gotta get it back.

Dude you just attacked my post without even taking the whole thing into consideration. So ok there is a cap on the number of scholarships. So they had some close games. How many times were we in the regional finals? How many times did we win the region then? If you want a different angle I would like for you to go into the weight room take an immediate right and look up at the wall of all-americans. How many All-Americans did we have back then? How many multiple guys did we have win All-Ohio? The fact of the matter was that the rest of Ohio caught up. The point is Moeller was better than the competition that surrounded them. In all actuality it really doesnt matter because the school is way more successful today. That is really my point. We shouldnt be calling Moeller just a "football" school, because that sells it short. And if you want to talk about commitment, re-read my last paragraph.

Moellerfan said:
Gosh darn’it, now I’m an idot. Tanks Vox for setting me straight. Just ease up on the name calling and enabling…that’s all…We all here as just as passionate about Moe as you are. Whoop Ed’s then we’ll worry about X’s trap.
You started with the ad hominem against me. I didn't even know you existed. As it is, I can see you post without giving much critical thought to what you're writing about.
Understand why the St. X posters are on here this week. They think they can make some hay over an unfortunate incident regarding the Moeller program. Whether it helps St. X beat Moe or not, it doesn't help Moeller for you to participate in their dissembling.