Fed up

The QB for the freshman team is Brian Beaver for right now. I also beleive that Beaver will be a wide receiver by his junior year. I think the the freshman Cisper will end up being the QB of that class. He is injured right now, and is a phenominal athlete. Mike Bimbry will end up at corner or wide receiver for his tenure at Moeller. He's not the best QB at Moeller right now either.

There are a lot of obvious things wrong with Moeller football this year that no one talks about. A few: 1. Why doesn't the best kicker kick off? I am tired of rooting for the ball to go out of bounds so the other team only gets it on the 30. Why the squibb kicks when Sunderman can kick a 44 yard field goal (DeSales) and can easily kick it high and to the 10 or better. 2. Why is Cherry on the bench? He led the JV team in scoring, we can't cover him in practice but he rarely gets on the field in games. 3. Is it not obvious that the sophomore running back #18 is better than Marino Hall, tez's backup? 4. Why isn't it fun to play Moeller football anymore? We never used to have contributors quit. Now we have likely starters quit every year. If you want to play another sport you are discouraged. How come Elder and X have 100+ players on varsity and we have 60? They still make it fun. 5. How come the players elected by the players aren't captains? does this help morale? Is Martez not the leader of this team? Wasn't Pat Watt? 6. How come there are no linebackers in the tackle leader statistics? Isn't the defense designed for the lb's to make tackles? 7. This is a dead horse but the playcalling is terrible. Crable is eventually going to lose his job over his deference to Odom.

Bottom line, this is a state championship caliber team that is being coached out of the playoffs. Forget the freshman for now, we could win state this year or next now that a quarterback and runner are emerging but we never will if changes aren't made. Bring back the fun and we will win. Pat a player on the rear instead of yelling at them. We have more talent than X, lets bring it out!

MoeMan said:
There are a lot of obvious things wrong with Moeller football this year that no one talks about. A few: 1. Why doesn't the best kicker kick off? I am tired of rooting for the ball to go out of bounds so the other team only gets it on the 30. Why the squibb kicks when Sunderman can kick a 44 yard field goal (DeSales) and can easily kick it high and to the 10 or better. 2. Why is Cherry on the bench? He led the JV team in scoring, we can't cover him in practice but he rarely gets on the field in games. 3. Is it not obvious that the sophomore running back #18 is better than Marino Hall, tez's backup? 4. Why isn't it fun to play Moeller football anymore? We never used to have contributors quit. Now we have likely starters quit every year. If you want to play another sport you are discouraged. How come Elder and X have 100+ players on varsity and we have 60? They still make it fun. 5. How come the players elected by the players aren't captains? does this help morale? Is Martez not the leader of this team? Wasn't Pat Watt? 6. How come there are no linebackers in the tackle leader statistics? Isn't the defense designed for the lb's to make tackles? 7. This is a dead horse but the playcalling is terrible. Crable is eventually going to lose his job over his deference to Odom.

Bottom line, this is a state championship caliber team that is being coached out of the playoffs. Forget the freshman for now, we could win state this year or next now that a quarterback and runner are emerging but we never will if changes aren't made. Bring back the fun and we will win. Pat a player on the rear instead of yelling at them. We have more talent than X, lets bring it out!

Some very good questions!!! Too bad we won't get someone to answer them. At least someone who knows. (We already know what MoeDude will say.:D )

yea looking at moeller and then looking at what they are doing wrong those questions are exactly what need to be answered in order to create a winning team.

Those are very good questions. I would add another dead horse to it. Why isn't the best QB out there? I can answer #1 for you- Moorman is a coach's kid. Politics always have been and probably always will be a part of high school sports, particularly at Moeller. As far as the LB's not leading the team in tackles, I think our linemen are well above average linemen, and therefore beat their blocks with regularity and make the tackles themselves. That and the fact that nearly every LB on this team has been injured and out at times, as well as moved around to unfamiliar positions while the coaching staff still tries to figure out who should play where.

I agree with MoeMan's points, especially the part about athlete's not being able to play more than one sport. I know that at Elder, there are tons of football players who also play basketball and/or baseball. At Moeller, it is nearly impossible to be able to start on the football team, and play another sport after that. There are a lot of people who don't play football because of that.

Are you kidding me, there were a ton of basketball players that played football recently. The Redwines, Tyler Dierkers, Pat Watt, Greg Jones, Justin Smith... to name a few!

A lot of good points brought up BUT...
this is not a state championship caliber team...that just isnt true.

Contributors leaving has been a thing for every single class, that isnt a Crable thing, I know of several very goodp layers who left under Klonne.

still, crable isn't perfect. I say bring back Faust and let him Joepa this program to death, only to do another 180 and turn us back into a contender

MoeMan you bring up some excellent points, and for the sake of this league I really hope Moeller can emerge from this season and turn things around.

Preseason I was thinking to myself about how much talent Moeller does have this year and how I thought it would be Saint Xavier and Moeller battling for the GCL in Week 10, but somewhere along the way something went off course.

The players are great, but wins aren't being as readily put up on the board. If that's the case, it REALLY must be the coaches. I'm friends with some guys on the Moe team and this is definately not been a fun season for them.

And jmbuckeyes... you're posts on our board are getting boreing. If you're going to try and insult X, don't make a moron of yourself doing it.

MoeMan said:
We have more talent than X, lets bring it out!
I wouldn't go that far, but Moe is definitely not playing to potential. X has 100+ players because football, while grueling and intense, is also fun and rewarding to the players. Coaches aren't seen as tyrants, but rather good people pushing players hard so that they can suceed, and everyone recognizes and respects that.

There are some very good points in this thread. I watched the JV game yesterday and would agree that Uecker is a better back than Marino Hall. Higgins moved back to offense and has showed signs of promise there. On the kicking front I have posted on this before with real information not some speculation. Yesterday in the JV game I watched Hook hit FGs of 50 and 52 at half time warm up. He had one kickoff to about 3 and another was a touchback. Sunderman has done a terrific job this year but still has more misses this year in the games he has played than Hook has had in all his time at Moeller. It's a shame he used only for punting.

This is a very good football team that could go far, its high school football and anything could happen. Someone said eariler here there have always been political struggles in high school sprots and its true. Sometimes it costs the team and sometimes it doesn't. Most trust the coaching staff to play the best kids. At bigger schools it is probably worse becuase there are so many talented atheletes that are second or third string. I there will be some great football played by this team in the coming weeks.

There is no leadership from the coaching staff. They yell and scream and for years have told Pat Redwine what a pile of s&*^ he is....he finally believes them.....what kind of leadership is this???? It does not take leadership to enforce myway or the highway!
I believe McArthur said that a leader is someone who can get another to do something he doesn't want to do and like it. That does not exist on this staff. PERIOD.
The Archdiocese has standards for treating people.....I wonder what they would think if they heard ODom during a practice......hmmmmm.

throwem said:
There is no leadership from the coaching staff. They yell and scream and for years have told Pat Redwine what a pile of s&*^ he is....he finally believes them.....what kind of leadership is this???? It does not take leadership to enforce myway or the highway!
I believe McArthur said that a leader is someone who can get another to do something he doesn't want to do and like it. That does not exist on this staff. PERIOD.
The Archdiocese has standards for treating people.....I wonder what they would think if they heard ODom during a practice......hmmmmm.

Maybe you're right, the coaching staff needs to lead by example, however, I have to disagree with you on your points about Pat. The coaching staff was upset with Pat because he always thought he could do whatever he wanted without reprocussions. He rarely showed up for weights, when he did, he didn't really work, and he didn't do those extra things that are required to be a top notch QB at a big time D1 school. There is no doubt that Pat has all the physical attributes you want from a QB, it was the mental game where he had trouble. Had he worked a little harder at learning to make proper decisions, he's still be playing QB now. The fact that the coaches did not bench him, rather made him a starting WR with hardly any practice there, tells me that they must not have thought he was too big a pile of . Sounds like you're a friend of Pat, and I commend you for standing up for your friend, but it's not all the fault of the coaching staff. There are many other things this year that are, but not the Redwine situation.

Bomber06 said:
I wouldn't go that far, but Moe is definitely not playing to potential. X has 100+ players because football, while grueling and intense, is also fun and rewarding to the players. Coaches aren't seen as tyrants, but rather good people pushing players hard so that they can suceed, and everyone recognizes and respects that.

St X also has the 2nd or 3rd largest enrollment in the state. Besides that, Bob has always said from the beginning (and I don't necessarily agree with this), that he wants a team of 79. He wants 35 seniors, 40 juniors, and 4 underclassmen- that's it. To each his own. Remember Henderson County. That coach only keeps 35 kids a year on varsity, period. That school would be the largest enrollment school in Ohio, I do believe.

As far as tyrants, I do believe there are a couple on the Moe coaching staff- too quick to dole out negative comments and not quick enough on the praise. I don't know what to say about that, except Bob has tried to implement many things from the Faust era- maybe that's just one of them. Don't know, you 'd have to ask him that one.

darius owns you said:
yea looking at moeller and then looking at what they are doing wrong those questions are exactly what need to be answered in order to create a winning team.

We have a winning team, go back to your own forum

TheRock said:
A lot of good points brought up BUT...
this is not a state championship caliber team...that just isnt true.

Contributors leaving has been a thing for every single class, that isnt a Crable thing, I know of several very goodp layers who left under Klonne.

still, crable isn't perfect. I say bring back Faust and let him Joepa this program to death, only to do another 180 and turn us back into a contender

I played for klonne...don't know any starters that quit the team...

StX_Aussie_06 said:
MoeMan you bring up some excellent points, and for the sake of this league I really hope Moeller can emerge from this season and turn things around.

Preseason I was thinking to myself about how much talent Moeller does have this year and how I thought it would be Saint Xavier and Moeller battling for the GCL in Week 10, but somewhere along the way something went off course.

The players are great, but wins aren't being as readily put up on the board. If that's the case, it REALLY must be the coaches. I'm friends with some guys on the Moe team and this is definately not been a fun season for them.

And jmbuckeyes... you're posts on our board are getting boreing. If you're going to try and insult X, don't make a moron of yourself doing it.

The season definitely isn't over yet, we'll beat eds and we're capable of beating X. Coaching will get better.

throwem said:

It's football son! You're gonna get yelled at...step up and be a man, make some improvements...throw the ball away...CAN'T KEEP THROWING PICKS. There's kids like pat in every class, all the physical ability in the world, but not mature enough to take it to the next level and be a leader. Leader's have to be able to take critisizm and get better. They gotta be able express themselves in a respectful manner. Leaders just have to be able to find a way to be successful...that's all...Pat Redwine obviously was not a leader. Coaching is not the problem at Moeller, i'm not saying we have the best coaches in the world either...we gotta get tougher kids...not the kids who's parents can afford to write $9,000 checks. How could you quit on your teammates!?!?! I don't understand it....HORSECRAP!!! You think Faust ever yelled at crable...? You bet your -----, you think Faust woulda won state championships in '75, '76, and '77 if Crable quit cuz he got yelled at.... Maybe, but probably not. Pat...if you're reading this...I know you're not a bad kid, just say your sorry and get back on the team even if you don't play another down the rest of the season...you're regret this decision the rest of your life.

IVYcrusader said:
We have a winning team, go back to your own forum

yea im pretty sure we're 6-2, and last year we knocked X out of the playoffs. and oh yeah, we beat 'em the year before that too...

if those comments are directed at me, please don't think i came on here to bash moeller or anything. as a matter of fact im here because i think, from a competitors standpoint and a friend to several crusader football players, that its a shame they AREN'T playing up to potential.

and youre right... still two weeks left

StX_Aussie_06 said:
if those comments are directed at me, please don't think i came on here to bash moeller or anything. as a matter of fact im here because i think, from a competitors standpoint and a friend to several crusader football players, that its a shame they AREN'T playing up to potential.

and youre right... still two weeks left

they weren't directed at you, don't worry about it.

IVYcrusader said:
It's football son! You're gonna get yelled at...step up and be a man, make some improvements...throw the ball away...CAN'T KEEP THROWING PICKS. There's kids like pat in every class, all the physical ability in the world, but not mature enough to take it to the next level and be a leader. Leader's have to be able to take critisizm and get better. They gotta be able express themselves in a respectful manner. Leaders just have to be able to find a way to be successful...that's all...Pat Redwine obviously was not a leader. Coaching is not the problem at Moeller, i'm not saying we have the best coaches in the world either...we gotta get tougher kids...not the kids who's parents can afford to write $9,000 checks. How could you quit on your teammates!?!?! I don't understand it....HORSECRAP!!! You think Faust ever yelled at crable...? You bet your -----, you think Faust woulda won state championships in '75, '76, and '77 if Crable quit cuz he got yelled at.... Maybe, but probably not. Pat...if you're reading this...I know you're not a bad kid, just say your sorry and get back on the team even if you don't play another down the rest of the season...you're regret this decision the rest of your life.

To all the people that say they are fed up and have proof of coaching misdeeds and abuse........take it to the Athletic Director. Trust me, if there's a problem, he wants to know about it. Go by yourself or in a group. Call him 792-3340 or e-mail him. Be sure to sign your name or tell him who you are. Complaining from behind a keyboard will not get anything and I mean anything accomplished. If you want change it will have to start there or with Blaine, they have the power.

Last edited: