Excess Deaths

Disagree. If my definition of huge killer requires 10% of the population to die then Covid was a dud. If your definition of huge killer is any excess deaths around.1% to. 2% of the population then Covid has likely met your definition. I know two or three people who have died from covid, but I know several hundred people.
Covid was the 3rd leading cause of death in the US for 2020. Giving nearly every other cause a 3 month head start. Would you have wanted to not do anything to mitigate it until it hit 10% deaths or about 3 million? 300 thousand + is insignificant? If 10% is your definition, then that would double the total number of people that would normally die in a year. As it is, for every 4 to 5 people that normaly die, covid added another person to that.

Last edited:
Covid was the 3rd leading cause of death in the US for 2020. Giving nearly every other cause a 3 month head start. Would you have wanted to not do anything to mitigate it until it hit 10% deaths or about 3 million? 300 thousand + is insignificant? If 10% is your definition, then that would double the total number of people that would normally die in a year. As it is, for every 4 to 5 people that normaly die, covid added another person to that.
If 1% ( actually .8%) is normal, then 10% would not be a doubling, but rather 10 times or 1000% current death rate. That's what I believe it should have taken to close down the economy.

If 1% ( actually .8%) is normal, then 10% would not be a doubling, but rather 10 times or 1000% current death rate. That's what I believe it should have taken to close down the economy.
You are right, I got caught up in trying to clarify what you were saying and what I wanted to say. It's absurd to think that anyone would let it go to ten years worth of death let alone 1 years worth before acting. How would we ever recover from that many dead? Think about the hospitals that were overrun at these levels. Law and order would break down. No one would stand for that. Health departments would close everything down.

1612456812570.png

The effective end of the pandemic was November 6 2020. The last couple of months have been window dressing

The effective end of the pandemic was November 6 2020. The last couple of months have been window dressing
The Trump administration seemed to think it ended about June 6th.

Took 10months to go from 0 deaths to 354,000 from covid. It's only taken 1 month to add another 100,000+

On your 11/06 date, we had 242,000 dead from Covid. Since then, 220,000 dead. Hardly the end. 2021 will see more deaths than 2020 did from Covid. By the end of this month we will have more dead from Covid since your 11/06 date than died before that date. Not even sure what the meaning of Effective End or Window Dressing mean.

Sort of makes sense of why you think Trump did a good job. You don't understand the scoring system. It's Cross Country scoring where low score wins not football scoring.

So, we're not going to count the worst month of the pandemic as part of the pandemic? Fun.
Your boy took over on that date and you gals didn’t need to use the pandemic for political purposes anymore, pretty simple

Took 10months to go from 0 deaths to 354,000 from covid. It's only taken 1 month to add another 100,000+

On your 11/06 date, we had 242,000 dead from Covid. Since then, 220,000 dead. Hardly the end. 2021 will see more deaths than 2020 did from Covid. By the end of this month we will have more dead from Covid since your 11/06 date than died before that date. Not even sure what the meaning of Effective End or Window Dressing mean.

Sort of makes sense of why you think Trump did a good job. You don't understand the scoring system. It's Cross Country scoring where low score wins not football scoring.
See above

It's February 4th and trump is not in office.

11/06 won't even end up being the halfway point, let alone the "effective end."
If you take the average covid deaths per day while Trump was in office vs the average Covids per day since Biden took over, Trump clearly had much better control of the virus than Biden. The numbers aren't even close.

If you take the average covid deaths per day while Trump was in office vs the average Covids per day since Biden took over, Trump clearly had much better control of the virus than Biden. The numbers aren't even close.
Nothing like acting like a spoiled brat while over 460,000 Americans have died. Over 3,000 Americans have died each day so far in February because of Covid. Absolutely pathetic response by us all. We should be ashamed of ourselves and not praising a president that was a failure and mocking a president that we need to come through for us. We have been adding enough cases in the last month to assure ourselves of adding at least another 50,000 dead by the end of the month. minimum! For every 2 people that would normally die in a day, we are now adding 1 more. We have been doing that for about 2 months now.

Last edited:
Nothing like acting like a spoiled brat while over 460,000 Americans have died. Over 3,000 Americans have died each day so far in February because of Covid. Absolutely pathetic response by us all. We should be ashamed of ourselves and not praising a president that was a failure and mocking a president that we need to come through for us. We added enough new cases today
Trump got us the vaccine, all will be well. Of course all was pretty much well before the vaccine, except for the irrational fear ginned up by the weak of our nation.

Nothing like acting like a spoiled brat while over 460,000 Americans have died. Over 3,000 Americans have died each day so far in February because of Covid. Absolutely pathetic response by us all. We should be ashamed of ourselves and not praising a president that was a failure and mocking a president that we need to come through for us. We have been adding enough cases in the last month to assure ourselves of adding at least another 50,000 dead by the end of the month. minimum! For every 2 people that would normally die in a day, we are now adding 1 more. We have been doing that for about 2 months now.
There was nothing anyone could have done to prevent the virus from spreading. Short of a police state that is.

Damn Biden

I agree with you on the spoiled brat thing. Biden said "I have a plan". The insinuation was once he is in office Covid would be done.

If Joe wants to be a (spoiled brat) and use the numbers in a way that is disingenuous, two can play that game. The fact is, Bidens average Covid deaths per day in office are far worse than Trumps.
Well, he was wrong. He is quickly mounting more deaths on average by the day than any president in history.

The difference between you and I is I dont believe either president could do much, but I sure as hell enjoy playing with the numbers just like Biden did when debating Trump. We wont soon forget.

I agree with you on the spoiled brat thing. Biden said "I have a plan". The insinuation was once he is in office Covid would be done.

If Joe wants to be a (spoiled brat) and use the numbers in a way that is disingenuous, two can play that game. The fact is, Bidens average Covid deaths per day in office are far worse than Trumps.
Well, he was wrong. He is quickly mounting more deaths on average by the day than any president in history.

The difference between you and I is I dont believe either president could do much, but I sure as hell enjoy playing with the numbers just like Biden did when debating Trump. We wont soon forget.
That’s weird. Old Solution was just saying on the other thread how well things have been going the last couple weeks.

That’s weird. Old Solution was just saying on the other thread how well things have been going the last couple weeks.
You could argue both ways, no doubt. Infections and hospitalizations are down in Ohio. Deaths not so much. Pennsylvania has a positivity rate that is skyrocketing since Joe took over. It's over 30% now.

You can twist the info and stats to say whatever you want them to say.

When trying to decipher data, step one , determine what you want the outcome to be. Step two, determine what criteria will cause the desired outcome to be factually accurate.

Step three, state the results and smugly act like anyone who disagrees with you is ignorant of the facts.

Self proclaimed really smart guy . This type of thought shows that it is absolutely true. It was over then . Listen to this man everyone . He is really sharp . Just ask him .

Aren't we just continuing the successful practices from the Trump Administration?

How about we be prepared and take steps to protect ourselves when we can see it coming from oceans away months in advance?

Aren't we just continuing the successful practices from the Trump Administration?

How about we be prepared and take steps to protect ourselves when we can see it coming from oceans away months in advance?

And there it is ...... You've Got All the Answers !