Euclid District 2020

Except they swept Benedictine

Mentor also beat Shaker twice and Medina once. Upsets can happen in basketball. Mentor not having their best rebounder helped a lot too in that matchup LC has two D1 basketball players. They are better than any team brush has beaten for example

Medina and Shaker are vastly overrated. Those are not good wins. Lake Catholic made Mentor look like a jv team.

Except they swept Benedictine

Mentor also beat Shaker twice and Medina once. Upsets can happen in basketball. Mentor not having their best rebounder helped a lot too in that matchup LC has two D1 basketball players. They are better than any team brush has beaten for example
I’m not saying they aren’t better than brush.
But based on match ups I‘d think that Benedictine would compete better against Mentor than they would against Brush.

I don't think they'll compete with either
And you might be right. But Mentor lost to a Solon team that’s not very good. And a Lake Catholic team that’s only 2 players.
If Benedictine caught Mentor on Mentor’s off night and Benedictine’s on night it would be a darn good game.
I’ll admit Benedictine is one of the most inconsistent teams in the area. But no team in the district should be overlooking them

Heights is already 1-0 against Mentor after today. Whether or not Brush gets the chance to do the same again Mentor remains to be seen. At last they will compete on the court.
Dodge the question once again

Who have you beaten better than shaker or Medina ?

How does Brush do against Mentor on the court ? Too bad you won't even make it to us this time.

And you might be right. But Mentor lost to a Solon team that’s not very good. And a Lake Catholic team that’s only 2 players.
If Benedictine caught Mentor on Mentor’s off night and Benedictine’s on night it would be a darn good game.
I’ll admit Benedictine is one of the most inconsistent teams in the area. But no team in the district should be overlooking them
Mentor also beat Solon by 20 or so in the rematch. Also beat Shaker twice and split with Medina

Benny lost to lake Catholic twice. Not sure how you demean a team that beat you twice.

Mentor also beat Solon by 20 or so in the rematch. Also beat Shaker twice and split with Medina

Benny lost to lake Catholic twice. Not sure how you demean a team that beat you twice.
Look I’m not saying Mentor is a bad team. I’d pick them to win the district. But that doesn’t change the fact they’ve had some unexpected lumps in games that, if came up against a team like Benedictine, might make that game closer than any Mentor fan would like.
And just because the school I support lost to a team doesn’t mean I can’t objectively look at both teams. Benedictine is not a consistent team. And when they are bad. They are extremely bad. Lake Catholic only has 2 good players. It’s ok to look at both sides

Look I’m not saying Mentor is a bad team. I’d pick them to win the district. But that doesn’t change the fact they’ve had some unexpected lumps in games that, if came up against a team like Benedictine, might make that game closer than any Mentor fan would like.
And just because the school I support lost to a team doesn’t mean I can’t objectively look at both teams. Benedictine is not a consistent team. And when they are bad. They are extremely bad. Lake Catholic only has 2 good players. It’s ok to look at both sides
They have 2 D1 players. That's more than good. But they have other role players that contribute.

Your school lost to them two times on the court. So you really lose all rights to put them down while trying to boost your team. If Mentor had Piks in a rematch with lake I would take us.

They have 2 D1 players. That's more than good. But they have other role players that contribute.

Your school lost to them two times on the court. So you really lose all rights to put them down while trying to boost your team. If Mentor had Piks in a rematch with lake I would take us.
So what happens if a mentor fan was at those two Benedictine Lake Catholic games and they weren’t impressed with LC?
Because my team lost I’m all of a sudden incapable of being objective?
Also, if Mentor was missing that player I would still take Mentor in a rematch with a Lake. But that doesn’t mean that the loss didn’t happen.

So what happens if a mentor fan was at those two Benedictine Lake Catholic games and they weren’t impressed with LC?
Because my team lost I’m all of a sudden incapable of being objective?
Also, if Mentor was missing that player I would still take Mentor in a rematch with a Lake. But that doesn’t mean that the loss didn’t happen.
Lost happened vs Solon the first time too. Funny you left out the rematch of that one and any quality mentor wins to make your point ..

Lost happened vs Solon the first time too. Funny you left out the rematch of that one and any quality mentor wins to make your point ..
Post #129 I said I think Mentor wins the district and I’m not trying to take away from anything they’ve achieved this year.
All I’m saying is that there are a few games that might show that Mentor might occasionally be inconsistent.
And those inconsistencies could possibly make this district a little more interesting.

2 players? The 6’1 QB Malchesky had 18 rebounds against Mentor. The 5’10 WR DeMitro shut down Chicone. Mentor has injuries and is still a very good team and would steamroll Benedictine. Benedictine is not inconsistent, they are just average.

2 players? The 6’1 QB Malchesky had 18 rebounds against Mentor. The 5’10 WR DeMitro shut down Chicone. Mentor has injuries and is still a very good team and would steamroll Benedictine. Benedictine is not inconsistent, they are just average.
I’m sure those kids played well against Mentor but after seeing LC twice that’s opinion on them.
Benedictine beat a top 5 team in PA in McDowell who has the 3rd best player in the state so they can play with good competition when they’re on.

Lake beat Mentor because they dominated the boards - it did not help that Mentor was without their best rebounder who is also one of their top defenders. I do not want to discount Lakes win because it was huge for them - but that missing player for the Cards will be back for districts. They are a night and day different team with him. I would be careful throwing dirt on Mentor - they will be ready.

Lake beat Mentor because they dominated the boards - it did not help that Mentor was without their best rebounder who is also one of their top defenders. I do not want to discount Lakes win because it was huge for them - but that missing player for the Cards will be back for districts. They are a night and day different team with him. I would be careful throwing dirt on Mentor - they will be ready.
Speaking of throwing dirt on someone, is Coach Babe going to make it through the season? I don’t think so.

Not sure how or why Babe would be mentioned in the Euclid District thread but since you have a hard on for him - you tell us. What will you post about if Babe was to ever not be coaching anymore ? Maybe you will leave and go back under your rock.

Not sure how or why Babe would be mentioned in the Euclid District thread but since you have a hard on for him - you tell us. What will you post about if Babe was to ever not be coaching anymore ? Maybe you will leave and go back under your rock.
I’m a 1986 Brush graduate. Currently, I have a small batch of rental duplexes. In my spare time I support my Brush Arcs and Coach Mason.

Trying to steer this thread on the topic of the play at the Euclid district, here is Cleveland.com's preview: https://www.cleveland.com/highschoo...s-basketball-district-tournament-preview.html

Their favorites are Mentor and Cleveland Heights. The prediction is Mentor over Heights, but nobody would be surprised if it went the other way around. This will be one of the more challenging district finals to predict. It is a 50/50 game. The darkhorse/bracket buster is Benedictine. I think most agree with that. Brush is certainly capable of winning this district, but the odds are stacked against them with a very tough draw. Cleveland.com's all tournament team include Chicone/Rogers (Mentor), Hugley (Brush), Garvin Clarke (Heights), and Roderick Coffee (Harvey).

If I was going to divide up the pie for chances of advancing out of the district, here is how I see it:

Mentor: 50%
Cleveland Heights: 30%
Brush: 18%
Benedictine: 2%
Field: 0.001%

Trying to steer this thread on the topic of the play at the Euclid district, here is Cleveland.com's preview: https://www.cleveland.com/highschoo...s-basketball-district-tournament-preview.html

Their favorites are Mentor and Cleveland Heights. The prediction is Mentor over Heights, but nobody would be surprised if it went the other way around. This will be one of the more challenging district finals to predict. It is a 50/50 game. The darkhorse/bracket buster is Benedictine. I think most agree with that. Brush is certainly capable of winning this district, but the odds are stacked against them with a very tough draw. Cleveland.com's all tournament team include Chicone/Rogers (Mentor), Hugley (Brush), Garvin Clarke (Heights), and Roderick Coffee (Harvey).

If I was going to divide up the pie for chances of advancing out of the district, here is how I see it:

Mentor: 50%
Cleveland Heights: 30%
Brush: 18%
Benedictine: 2%
Field: 0.001%
I’d steer it away also if my program was dealing with the unscrupulous attention that Mentor has been for the last 24 hours.

0-0 this year.
You are acting like they dodge teams when they have owned Brush all time. Stop the act clown.

Yes coach k was disciplined once. Just like heights should have been. The only difference is heights played the victim card and cried in the courts so they got away with breaking the rule