Elder Basketball 2022-2023

Browne let his team lose. I think I understand.
The last three years Elder has won the GCL or shared it. Had over 20 wins. Yes the GCL might not have been as good this year as the last two but you could make an argument that the rest of the city and state is better. This thread should be used as a celebration of what Elder has accomplished this year and the last three basketball seasons! Browne and the rest of this team should be proud of what they did this year!

They’re not going to actively recruit them, but that doesn’t mean they’ll never get players of that caliber. I’m not sure why you think they need to chase them. Also, Powell is really good, but he’s not better than Browne.

Again, it’s not chasing stars, but working to attract more non traditional players/students. They’re doing that right now. It’s an easier sell for Football & Baseball, but it can be done for bball.

I don't know, but you don't have to diminish Powell to elevate Browne. I agree Browne is very good, he just doesn't have that top tier athleticism that you crave so much, and is required for high level D1 interest. It's a heck of an accomplishment to play college ball at any level.

Powell is a 6"6 guard, averages 17 a game against a D1 and prep school schedule, shoots 40% from 3, is built well, and is very athletic. He's also only a junior. He didn't have a good game against Elder. You don't just throw out his body of work for one game.

Oh yeah, he has offers from over 10 schools, most of them high major (Indiana, Michigan State, Xavier, Alabama, Notre Dame, UC, A&M, Illinois). I guess you two know better after seeing him one time. SMDH.⁰0
I don't know, but you don't have to diminish Powell to elevate Browne. I agree Browne is very good, he just doesn't have that top tier athleticism that you crave so much, and is required for high level D1 interest. It's a heck of an accomplishment to play college ball at any level.
Carson Brown has plenty of athletic ability.He works out religiously
to add bulk,knowing that is only top tier deficiency. Carson is a 6'8" kid who is excellent at ball handling , terrific shooter, great underneath ,fundamentally sound player,GREAT footwork
I don't know Powell, won't compare his talents,but you are dead
wrong about Browne not being athletic.

to add bulk,knowing that is only top tier deficiency. Carson is a 6'8" kid who is excellent at ball handling , terrific shooter, great underneath ,fundamentally sound player,GREAT footwork
I don't know Powell, won't compare his talents,but you are dead
wrong about Browne not being athletic.
I didn't say he wasn't athletic, I said he wasn't athletic enough to draw high level D1 interest - for example, the schools that are after Powell. When I say athletic, I'm talking about power, strength and quickness measurables, which is highly sought after at the high D1 level. I said he's a very good lower level D1 prospect imo.

I think he moves great and shoots well for a kid that's 6'8". Could he get to a mid or high level D1 offer with a couple developmental years in college, yes, I think he could.

Powell is a better prospect, that's just the way it is. Doesn't diminish Browne at all, or his ability to play in college. I loved watching Carson Browne play basketball, but we have to be somewhat realistic here. I hope he lands somewhere because he deserves it based on his skills and abilities.

Last edited:
I get his point even though it's stupid to mention any of theses kids names CLUE (that's my point Einstein)! When you do like he did it has an appearance like he is blaming a kid!
Then you need to do a better job of making your point clear, even though you're the only one who thinks he's actually blaming Browne lol

Over my head! haha The conversation leading up to it was stupid like most of what you all post whether you single out Browne, Cupps, or Powell!
Apparently incredibly far over your head.

I haven’t singled any high school player out ever unless it was praise. Please don’t lump me in with others because you struggle with reading comprehension.

For those of you in the known, that watched these teams in SWO. Did Elder make the right choice in your opinion, with their selection on Centerville's side of the Regional bracket?

Elder beat Fairfield in a back and forth game at XU around Christmas. They didn't play Princeton, but the Vikings ran Moeller off the court twice. How would the Panthers have matched up with the Vikings or even in a potential rematch with Fairfield?

For those of you in the known, that watched these teams in SWO. Did Elder make the right choice in your opinion, with their selection on Centerville's side of the Regional bracket?

Elder beat Fairfield in a back and forth game at XU around Christmas. They didn't play Princeton, but the Vikings ran Moeller off the court twice. How would the Panthers have matched up with the Vikings or even in a potential rematch with Fairfield?
I think it was probably the right decision.

While I do think Elder is very slightly better than Princeton and Fairfield, all three of those teams (and Wayne) are definitely better than Fairmont. Once you reach the Regional, everyone is very good, and it doesn't make that much difference if you get them in the regional semi or the regional final.

There's no guarantee Elder beats Fairfield, Princeton, Wayne or even Moeller in the districts.