Elder Baseball 2021

My biggest concern for Elder is they don’t have a solid #2 Starter at this point. Flaherty has been their best Reliever, but I’m not sure if he’ll transition into a Starter.
Chris Kammerer has been filling in at Pitcher a little and can develop into a nice option. Kellen Sandhas is also very steady.

Chris Kammerer has been filling in at Pitcher a little and can develop into a nice option. Kellen Sandhas is also very steady.
I’ve only seen Kammerer in Relief. Sandhas got rocked that 1st inning vs West. He settled down a bit, but still had trouble with control. I honestly think Flaherty is their 2nd best Pitcher, but not sure if he’s an actual starter.

I’ve only seen Kammerer in Relief. Sandhas got rocked that 1st inning vs West. He settled down a bit, but still had trouble with control. I honestly think Flaherty is their 2nd best Pitcher, but not sure if he’s an actual starter.
Do we think that Flaherty should become a starter? It seems he is very beneficial to the team with his role right now. Flaherty has pitched in all but one game this year and he has statistically been very very good. If he starts, that would just limit the amount of games he can pitch in every week. I think he should maintain his role so he can pitch more, what are your guys's thoughts?

Do we think that Flaherty should become a starter? It seems he is very beneficial to the team with his role right now. Flaherty has pitched in all but one game this year and he has statistically been very very good. If he starts, that would just limit the amount of games he can pitch in every week. I think he should maintain his role so he can pitch more, what are your guys's thoughts?

IDK, my guess is he’s probably better off being left in the Long Reliever role.

Think Flaherty should stay in current role. Long reliever can become a Starter if needed later in season or Tournament if necessary.

Huge stretch coming up for Elder: Wednesday vs X, Thursday vs Oak Hills, and a dbl header Saturday that includes ‘Ville St X.

It’s still very early, but Elder looks like the best team in the GCL.

Elder 13, La Salle 2 (six innings)

WP- Grimmelsman (2-0); LP- Barford (1-1)
Leaders: LS- Taylor 2-2; Obert 2B; Heidorn 2-3 2B. E- Kammerer 2-2 3B; Vaughn 3-3 2B; Weber 2-4; Ward 3-3 3B.

Records: E 7-1, 2-0 GCL-S; LS 6-2, 2-1 GCL-S.

game vs. Oak Hills should be a good one. OH only 2 losses are to ville X by 1 run each game.

OH pitcher just threw a no no on Monday.

jtk
()

game vs. Oak Hills should be a good one. OH only 2 losses are to ville X by 1 run each game.

OH pitcher just threw a no no on Monday.

jtk
()

Oak Hills has another game vs. a bad Princeton team on Wednesday then has Elder Thursday. I'm sure Oak Hills will have saved their #1 for Elder on Thursday.

I was told OH has 17 Seniors this yr on the 18 Man roster. The Elder-OH Game this yr should be an outstanding Baseball Game.

I imagine Elder throws Sandhas or Eckstein vs X. Have to think Grimmelsman will start vs OH.

I imagine Elder throws Sandhas or Eckstein vs X. Have to think Grimmelsman will start vs OH.

Grimmelsman just pitched 6 innings on Monday. I don't think you will see him until Saturday against Lou. St. X. If they keep with the same order they have been, looks like it would be Eckstein today vs. St. X and Sandhas Thursday vs. Oak Hills.

Who is Oaks Hills #1? Is it Stock?

I'm guessing it would be Senior Wyatt Fisher who threw game 1 vs. Lakota West. He is 2-0 15k in 11.2ip, 1.20era, 1.114whip

Stock would be an interesting matchup though with him originally enrolled at Elder then transferring to Oak Hills.

Eckstein pitched in the JV game Monday night against Lasalle. He threw 5 innings. Doubt you will see him

Jacob Flaherty is the starting pitcher for Elder today.

Elder leads 4-1 after the first inning.

St. Xavier SP Thomas Ryan was wild today not finding strike zone. After 1st inning.
1. CF Marco Sabato 0-1 walk, run, k
2. C Luke Vaughn walk, run
3. 3B Brian Weber hbp, run(scored on throwing error from C to 1B)
4. 1B Jackson Grimmelsman 1-1 single, rbi, sb, run
5. DH Brennan Martin sac fly, rbi
6. SS Jeremy Ward walk
7. RF Chris Kammerer 0-1 k
8. LF Zak Schlachter walk
9. 2B Kevin Hilton walk, rbi

Last edited:
After 4 innings, St. Xavier leads Elder 7-6. Kellen Sandhas relieved Flaherty for Elder. Vaughn exited at catcher with Jackson Gutzwiller replacing him. No word on the injury. I don't know who will step in to pitch tomorrow vs. Oak Hills. Keehan maybe?

9-6 X final. A lot of early missed opportunities from Elder, including the B1 Leaving the bases loaded, and a base runner tripping up tagging at 3rd that would’ve scored a run.

It’s just one game, but this points to the larger concern of not having that 2nd reliable Pitcher.

After 4 innings, St. Xavier leads Elder 7-6. Kellen Sandhas relieved Flaherty for Elder. Vaughn exited at catcher with Jackson Gutzwiller replacing him. No word on the injury. I don't know who will step in to pitch tomorrow vs. Oak Hills. Keehan maybe?
It was helpful Sandhas was able to finish out the game. However, Pitching is running really thin this week with a brutal 5 game stretch from today through Monday.X- OH- McCracken Co- Ville X- Moe.

It was helpful Sandhas was able to finish out the game. However, Pitching is running really thin this week with a brutal 5 game stretch from today through Monday.X- OH- McCracken Co- Ville X- Moe.

It's an opportunity for someone to step up and prove themselves. The broadcast team yesterday said Nick Finley who came in to pinch run would not pitch this season due to an injury. That is another arm they are down.