Duke 2015-2016

jtk

Not sure we can have a repeat of last season with the talent lost from that team, but there isn't a lack of talent by any means in durham.

Thoughts?

I did like today, when i saw that they have the #1 recruit for the class of 2016!

jtk
()

yes, i saw that too. and he's busted up the other knee before. duke also has the #2 recruit in that class according to espn!

jtk
()

I heard Luke has looked really good in the pre season.

In their second exhibition game, the anticipated regular season starter (Matt Jones) sat out the game with an injury.

Luke started the game at the shooting guard position and had 25 points and 9 boards to lead the team.

Kennard finally got a game under his belt. He didn't play bad, he just didn't seem to want to shoot. I believe in the whole first half he finished with 2 shots in about 15 min of play. He finished with 9 points and 1 rebound. Duke is loaded so shots may be hard to come by this season. It won't get any easier next year either.

Allen continuing his play from the FF, I think he's a legit POY candidate. Jefferson looks to have improved his Offensive game drastically. I think Kennard will have a career similar to Ryan Kelly. He should contribute his first two years, then be one of the top scorers on the team as a jr and sr.

K has been setting the world on fire in terms of recruiting. Even more ridiculous, Ben Simmons would have gone to Duke if an LSU Asst wasn't a close family friend.

too early in the season to base a prediction on tonights game, just hope its a good one. not expecting duke to win, but wouldn't be surprised either, if they did!

jtk
()

too early in the season to base a prediction on tonights game, just hope its a good one. not expecting duke to win, but wouldn't be surprised either, if they did!

jtk
()

Ugly first half on Offense. Plumlee and Jefferson keeping Duke in the game.

Allen continuing his play from the FF, I think he's a legit POY candidate. Jefferson looks to have improved his Offensive game drastically. I think Kennard will have a career similar to Ryan Kelly. He should contribute his first two years, then be one of the top scorers on the team as a jr and sr.

K has been setting the world on fire in terms of recruiting. Even more ridiculous, Ben Simmons would have gone to Duke if an LSU Asst wasn't a close family friend.

he's nowhere near that discussion after last night's performance.

however, it is just one bad game. my guess is he's not going to put up a stinker like that on a consistent basis.

he's nowhere near that discussion after last night's performance.

however, it is just one bad game. my guess is he's not going to put up a stinker like that on a consistent basis.

Why bother posting this? "he's nowhere near that discussion....but it was just one game so maybe he is near that discussion."

That was as bad as I've seen a Duke team play in a long time. I couldn't count the number of careless mistakes they made handling and passing the ball. Also, the young players kind of pissed down their leg playing in a venue like the United Center. On the whole, no big deal, these November games are glorified exhibitions. This team still has tremendous upside.

playing hard to them used to be fouling like crazy. they stayed out of foul trouble for the most part and made the easy baskets they've been missing for the most part. if they continue that and the young guys mature, they will be better. i honestly didn't expect much from them last night......still frustrating they can't guard a dribbler!

jtk
()

Duke really needs to find a PG. Allen looked uncomfortable and they struggled in half court sets. Big difference in the game was UK has a number of guys on the floor who could handle the ball and Duke couldn't keep any of them from driving to the bucket. Tyler Ulis is possibly the best PG in the country. UK was terrific in transition. Duke attacked the glass as well as I've ever seen from a Duke team and their offensive rebounding kept them from getting run out of the gym early. Plenty of upside from Duke but the PG position could be an issue going forward. Just my observations as a UK fan.

playing hard to them used to be fouling like crazy. they stayed out of foul trouble for the most part and made the easy baskets they've been missing for the most part. if they continue that and the young guys mature, they will be better. i honestly didn't expect much from them last night......still frustrating they can't guard a dribbler!

jtk
()

Tyus Jones would have made a world of difference last night.

Decent pair of wins to round out the weekend. It looks like Thorton could help with the PG issues, and Allen looks back in form after that horrid UK game. This team has a lot of upside, but they need more production from Ingram and Kennard. Kennard has had a rough couple of games, tons of his shots have gone in the cylinder and bounced out.

Decent pair of wins to round out the weekend. It looks like Thorton could help with the PG issues, and Allen looks back in form after that horrid UK game. This team has a lot of upside, but they need more production from Ingram and Kennard. Kennard has had a rough couple of games, tons of his shots have gone in the cylinder and bounced out.

I didn't catch this game but I watched the game against VCU. Kennard was once again Ice cold and I loved how coach K left him in there pretty much the entire second half. He knew he was struggling and left him in there despite that. It was a pretty close game too. There was one moment during a timeout when you could see coach k go to him and mouthed the words "keep shooting" to him. I am sure he will turn it around, he just needs to get his rhythm back.

Luke is off to a horrible start and not just shooting, which has been awful. But a total of 3 assist, on the year!
But he is perfect from the charity stripe and has zero to's and 7 steals. Take's time to adjust to the big boy game, even for some HS studs.

Solid kicking over a good IU team. Ingram finally showing what the hypes been about... Still think he needs to add a good amount of muscle before going pro.

The ever dreaded indefinite foot injury hits Duke again- Irving and Kelly in years past, this time it's Amile Jefferson. Even more frustrating Duke is always pretty mum about when players are expected to come back from injuries.

Kennard gets the start but still struggling with his shot. Once Ingram puts on some weight, he's going to be a legit player in the NBA. He probably needs 1 more year to develop in my opinion but he probably won't do that. This is an interesting Duke team this year.

Once Ingram puts on some weight, he's going to be a legit player in the NBA. He probably needs 1 more year to develop in my opinion but he probably won't do that.

There's no way he could handle playing the 3 or 4 in the NBA. It looks like he had zero strength training at the hs level, he's got arms of an anorexic.

That's why I think he needs another year, but it's almost a guarantee he leaves this year. There are many very thin players that are successful in the NBA. He is built like Durant and A. Davis were in college.

That's why I think he needs another year, but it's almost a guarantee he leaves this year. There are many very thin players that are successful in the NBA. He is built like Durant and A. Davis were in college.

I agree with you, he's likely a one and done, but I think it's a big mistake on his part. He's a solid player and getting better with each game, but he's no Durant or Anthony Davis.

Ingram will be just fine as a 3 in today's NBA. In less than 5 years he'll be able to play some spot 4 with ease.

I think he'll be able to play the 4 sat some point, but he needs to be eased into things his first year. I would want him to spend more time in the weight room than on the court his rookie year.

Tough loss, really struggled without Jefferson and it didn't help Allen was clearly sick as a dog. That being said, I'm actually happy to hear Jefferson might only be out a month, was thinking he might not make it back this year.