Dublin Coffman 2024

Harrycrane

Friends with a guy I couldn't pick out of a line-up. I've never spoken in person with anyone with this this guy's views so I know I don't know him. Silliness? I'm a very nice man he says as if that gives him credibility. Claims to Drive by my house and says I'm home when I'm not? A few years ago when he started coming to this space because he was suddenly a fan of the program for obvious reasons, he never claimed to know me. Certainly, haven't met him subsequently. Anyway enough of this obvious silliness and this guy in general , time to really ignore his silliness. Most here don't really respect this guy. He and others have the 2024 thread to talk about me without me interfering and AHM will still be here all the time of course being weird and creepy.

Football season is now completely over. Niners lost a great chance obviously and the Chiefs as solid as they have lived well and get just enough breaks to keep winning the last two years. Big injury's to the Dolphins and Bills defense and then the Ravens turning it over twice in the end zone. Weird head scratching offensive plan. Tons of penalties from the Ravens helping at every turn. Fumbled 5 times in the SB and recovered 4 of them. Most holding penalties in the league during the season yet none last Sunday? Against that front? [Saw 3 obvious calls that should have been made} In fact they have not had one holding call in all three SB's. Definitely living well. But they are in a position every year and this year like a few years ago SF squanders a 10-point lead and chances to take total control of the game and failed to. Liked SF but it was apparent that they were letting the Chiefs hang around and in game the play even behind by a score was take the Chiefs at a plus price to ensure a small profit after taking the Niners. Overtime cost us a couple props and helped with a couple. UNDER was a good play that just barely hung on.

CFB NIL and wild west dynamic probably needs some legislation of some kind. OSU is thriving and will have some advantages no doubt. Others will slip a bit without the resources to keep up. [Michigan and Alabama losing great coaches and some players two examples}. Worst CFB year in a while for me after a couple solid years after the pandemic but before the larger transient nature of the sport. Futures pretty much suked to with some bad luck no question but also not gauging the turnover of players and some staff with a few of these teams in college. NFL wasn't great either futures wise but hedging mitigated some of the badness but the NFL in general was ok for us. Player props overall made a modest profit and in game stuff was a positive in the long run. College football adjustments need to be made. Lack of continuity is at its highest level overall and coaches are moving around at higher levels. OSU gets veteran NFL and Penn State guy O'Brien as OC and in NY minute he's gone to BC after it's HC goes to GB as an assistant. Enter Chip Kelly from UCLA as he joins fellow New Hampshire native Ryan Day and will be the OC.

OSU hoops with the big win as the trend of unranked teams at home beating ranked opponents is a solid moneymaker with the Bucks getting 8.5 winning outright. 56 percent cover rate even after a struggle so far in February. This time of the year the bubble teams or teams a step away from the bubble playing a conference rival often play absurdly hard and sometimes play spoiler and maybe get themselves back in to consideration with a huge win. VA Tech tonight at home vs UVA is one of those games and heavy money on VA Tech got the line to the unranked Hokies GIVING a couple points to UVA. Tough to win on the road in CBB conference play for even the more talented stronger teams. Obscure game with a lot of Pro money on it that drove the price from the PICK opening to 2- 2.5 is SE Louisiana at home vs road challenged Lamar. Been a good year overall in CBB with a very good start one horrible losing week and a half period but at 56.4 percent [Down from 61 but up from that bad dip to 53.5}

Coffman football at 21-16 through three years of the Stokes era, has a rebuild on defense but 5 guys back for a 3rd year of starting on offense. [Peterson doesn't go back to soccer it would have been 6} has potential. This would have been a year where a Pick North and Bradley may get a quality transfer at QB as they have at other times to name just two programs. Both lose multiple year starters as Coffman does as well. The last Coffman QB transfer was 2016 when Brown came in from Marysville as a Soph but didn't start till two years later as a Senior and had a good year. This would have been a year that such a program as the Rocks with solid pieces to work with may get an interested player at that position. Doesn't look like it will happen. Bradley had a Frosh who had to play when the veteran and former transfer Fleharty went down in the regional final last few plays. Pick North always picks up a few quality athletes but haven't heard if they are getting a QB to play with studs Bowman out wide and Taylor at RB. Some good size over there up front as well. Bradley looks to be rebuilding and looks like it is a Soph at QB unless an older transfer comes in.

Since the early 2000's the Rocks were known for the spread offense and running at a faster pace. Talented passing QB's throwing to at least fairly talented skill guys and a solid running back or two. Some of these years the skill kids were really good and they scored a lot of points running a lot of plays. Fast paced, creative and they executed well and the receivers caught the ball well and some ran with well after catching it. Crabtree's last couple years they ran the QB more, threw less as they did what they could do best with the personnel they had. Brown in 2018 Mathews in 2019 and 2020 were effective runners. Mathews ran more and was faster. Brown bigger. Maggs in 2021 ran it more as well and was a solid passer overall but the team was in transition and was rebuilding big time with a new coach and little experience back. Now the Coffman offense runs at a slow use the clock pace and first halves especially are over in the blink of an eye most weeks. Stokes has been quoted multiple times as saying that's the way 'WE HAVE TO PLAY" our margin for error is small Not disagreeing with him. I get it. In Crabtree's 20 years the offense averaged 6 games a year scoring 30 plus points. 4 times with their best teems with the most offensive guys back [ 2007 ,2009, 2012, 2014, did it 9 times. The low point offensively came after the Jerome school split in 2005 with only two games over 30 points. 2020 season was only 9 games long overall [3 play-off games} and had 4 games over 30 and two more at 28 points. 4 games happened 4 times. So only one year saw only 2 higher scoring games and that was still a play-off team in a 8 team region. Last three years has seen the team average 2.3 games over 30 points. [3 in 2021, 2 in both 22 and 23.}

With what they have at QB this year the plan will probably be more of a slow it down have the QB run it a lot with direct snaps and try to hit a couple shots downfield. The defense needs further protection from a complementary football standpoint and without a dynamic QB who can throw it well , it will likely be the same modus operandi with the new guy playing the running QB Hart role with less experience . RB White needs to make that jump and he showed signs in his second year starting as the lone back , so the QB will maybe run less and he will get more carries this year and be more productive hopefully. Penciling in the automatic 8-2 or better no worse than 7-3 days are in the past. 7-3 seems the ceiling and 5-5 is possible. This year with a lot of experience the team was a 52 yard bomb at the gun and a 2 PT conversion that easily could have been made by Davidson that almost fully erased a 21-point deficit away from 5-5. Last 5 weeks were awesome and a great job by an excellent HC and his staff. Coffman is lucky to have a coach of Stokes caliber after having the 20 year run, they had with a coach that will certainly be an Ohio HS HOF inductee at some point down the road. Program has great support from the parents as it does for most of it's sports programs and again as I saw are a top 10 in the state fundraising wise. [Those discount cards most of our kids have had to sell at some point lol

Last edited:

Did you see a list somewhere of the top funded football or school sports non-profit organizations? I have no doubt you are correct to say Dublin Coffman is in the Top 10, I was curious if you actually saw a list of schools.

Did you see a list somewhere of the top funded football or school sports non-profit organizations? I have no doubt you are correct to say Dublin Coffman is in the Top 10, I was curious if you actually saw a list of schools.

It was posted at the Ohio HS coaching clinic this past week in Columbus. I believe they were number 7 overall in total dollars raised. Not sure of the other schools, but I believe St Ed's was very high . Shocker I know. lol

It was posted at the Ohio HS coaching clinic this past week in Columbus. I believe they were number 7 overall in total dollars raised. Not sure of the other schools, but I believe St Ed's was very high . Shocker I know. lol

No shocker what-so-ever. I’m guessing St Ed, Iggy, Medina, the GLC schools & UA as the higher schools in Ohio.

I’m sure the Olentangy’s do well but I’d guess they are a in a tier below the ones mentioned above.

No shocker what-so-ever. I’m guessing St Ed, Iggy, Medina, the GLC schools & UA as the higher schools in Ohio.

I’m sure the Olentangy’s do well but I’d guess they are a in a tier below the ones mentioned above.
Being a bit sarcastic there lol. In this present landscape maybe more than ever the economic realities are a big factor in who is going to be consistently successful and who won't be. Ohio HS football numbers declining the last 20 years with a 15 percent drop from 2010 to 2018. Pandemic hurt some schools participation going forward more than others. Population decreases in the state, brain injury fears and specialization being more prevalent also factor in. Good news is the numbers did tick up a b it this year overall, but economics tell the story as well as rural community's and inner city programs are getting smaller and smaller.

Being a bit sarcastic there lol. In this present landscape maybe more than ever the economic realities are a big factor in who is going to be consistently successful and who won't be. Ohio HS football numbers declining the last 20 years with a 15 percent drop from 2010 to 2018. Pandemic hurt some schools participation going forward more than others. Population decreases in the state, brain injury fears and specialization being more prevalent also factor in. Good news is the numbers did tick up a b it this year overall, but economics tell the story as well as rural community's and inner city programs are getting smaller and smaller.

Participation in football has gone down and all of the factors you mentioned are true. One other factor I believe kids have more options than just football, basketball/wrestling & baseball/track back when I was in school. LaCross has grown in Ohio, especially in the more affluent school districts.

The MAC schools do a great job of getting a very high percentage of their kids (boys & girls) involved in something. Anything to get a kid off the couch & away from their iPad is probably a very good thing.

Good for those schools alumni & local businesses that put their $$$ back into the school district & the kids.

Last edited:
In the Dayton and Columbus suburbs the demographics have shifted in some schools. The number of families moving from the city is increasing. Pickerington's minority numbers are way up. Gahanna and the east side in general. Less so on the west side suburban schools. It's just not sports, of course but education and environment as well. Now there is still inner city kids playing at local suburban schools that are only there for athletics and live in an apartment or at least have an address. I know for a fac t from some really solid sources that some kids don't really move at all . They go to college and their residences are from their original school. Their parents names are listed in the college program bio's and a simple people search of the parents often shows they haven't officially moved. [PO Box or move in with a local player ?} Northmont a few years back had some really top end speed and talent at the skill positions but no QB. [ Northmont demo's have gone from minority families at 8 percent to 25 percent in about 15-17 years . } They get a stud from a smaller rural school who wants to play with and against better bigger and faster players and his mom moves from Florida, they get an apartment and move to Northmont. No problem he is eligible for the season. We have seen at many schools recently these transfers to good programs aren't any better off for it in some cases especially if they can only play 5 ballgames. Some teams affected so they aren't the same teams once the play-offs start. It's a fluid situation.

In the Dayton and Columbus suburbs the demographics have shifted in some schools. The number of families moving from the city is increasing. Pickerington's minority numbers are way up. Gahanna and the east side in general. Less so on the west side suburban schools. It's just not sports, of course but education and environment as well. Now there is still inner city kids playing at local suburban schools that are only there for athletics and live in an apartment or at least have an address. I know for a fac t from some really solid sources that some kids don't really move at all . They go to college and their residences are from their original school. Their parents names are listed in the college program bio's and a simple people search of the parents often shows they haven't officially moved. [PO Box or move in with a local player ?} Northmont a few years back had some really top end speed and talent at the skill positions but no QB. [ Northmont demo's have gone from minority families at 8 percent to 25 percent in about 15-17 years . } They get a stud from a smaller rural school who wants to play with and against better bigger and faster players and his mom moves from Florida, they get an apartment and move to Northmont. No problem he is eligible for the season. We have seen at many schools recently these transfers to good programs aren't any better off for it in some cases especially if they can only play 5 ballgames. Some teams affected so they aren't the same teams once the play-offs start. It's a fluid situation.

That Northmont qb was from Springfield Greenon. I believe Northmont went undefeated during the Covid year but had to forfeit a playoff game due to a Covid outbreak on the team. The qb got a scholarship to South Dakota St but transferred after his freshman year and transferrred to Wolford where he moved to TE.

Pickerington & Gahanna have a large middle class African-American population. The west side of Columbus does not have that middle class, far more challenges in the Southwestern school district at Franklin Heights & Westland where they do morning announcements in 4 languages: English, Spanish, Swahili & Russian.

That Northmont qb was from Springfield Greenon. I believe Northmont went undefeated during the Covid year but had to forfeit a playoff game due to a Covid outbreak on the team. The qb got a scholarship to South Dakota St but transferred after his freshman year and transferrred to Wolford where he moved to TE.

Pickerington & Gahanna have a large middle class African-American population. The west side of Columbus does not have that middle class, far more challenges in the Southwestern school district at Franklin Heights & Westland where they do morning announcements in 4 languages: English, Spanish, Swahili & Russian.
He was more very good athlete than pure QB talent who made a ton of plays for them to bail them out in some close wins. That 2020 season was unfortunate for obvious reasons. Remember one of this spaces VIP treasures was defending that move from Florida to get an apt as pure as the driven snow but bashed Sherron Phipps for screwing up[Really the coaches as if there aren't kids who can only play 5 when they transfer all the time} and only playing 5 games. Different 'Situations" it seemed. Wink . That 2020 year I lost a lot of respect for a small handful of guys I talk to and some who post here over giving Crabtree crap; for supporting the black team members that summer. Agree with the protests, hate them and disagree with them or be indifferent , but a coach being sensitive to the sensibilities of ALL his players during that time and commenting that it wasn't right to do so or that the motive was bad or scoffing at the social media post was weak and shameful. Majority of folks are decent non racist people.

Last edited:
My connection doesn't matter. What is your connection? I believe you said you're from out east someplace so you didn't go to high school there either. Sounds like you didn't even have a kid play for Coffman per AHM.

Glad you like him. He is a good coach.
Been a fan for a long time and have posted about CO football for many years here and on the old huddle . Some like to read what I post and have for years . Some like to make it personal and post just about me mostly . So I ask sometimes what their interest is . You like this coach but haven’t told us anything else but bullchit . We know why . You seem to have an ally in this hall monitor guy from Coffman .

There are no qualifications to post . Didn’t say there were . Just asking about interest . Physique ? Played both Football and Hockey and if you actually knew me ? You would know my physique is still quite sturdy lean and strong . Embraced to post ? Anyway fans post all the time . Not just parents of former or present players
No way you played contact sports. No way in Hades.

What are the qualifications of your approval to post on Yappi? What level of expertise must one have?

I mean no offense, but you have no affiliation with Rocks football-no boys ever-and judging by your physique there’s no way you ever played contact sports. Yet you are embraced to post. Why don’t you embrace others in the same way?
Embrace a guy who only trolls me personally ? If he actually contributed anything I wouldn’t ask any questions . Embrace a turd made up account that only posts concerning a stranger ? You can embrace him . Do you claim to know him too ? What’s his physique like ? While we’re at it . Let’s see if you actually know me . Describe my physique 😆

Been a fan for a long time and have posted about CO football for many years here and on the old huddle . Some like to read what I post and have for years . Some like to make it personal and post just about me mostly . So I ask sometimes what their interest is . You like this coach but haven’t told us anything else but bullchit . We know why . You seem to have an ally in this hall monitor guy from Coffman .
You asked my interest in Coffman. I said I like the coach. Why do you feel you deserve more of an answer than that? That should be sufficient to normal people. I mean, you're expecting us to take you have been a "long time fan" at face value but you can't extend the same courtesy to others? Seems hypocritical to me.

You asked my interest in Coffman. I said I like the coach. Why do you feel you deserve more of an answer than that? That should be sufficient to normal people. I mean, you're expecting us to take you have been a "long time fan" at face value but you can't extend the same courtesy to others? Seems hypocritical to me.
Hey you’re here . Keep being a knowledgeable interesting poster 😆

Complained about what exactly ? What was there to complain about ? It was just about Coffman football . I guess there isn’t a need for two Coffman threads . You seem to care . Why ? You aren’t from the area (.You said you heard about this thread and Yappi itself at a New Bremen game and that you live there . Yet never post about that team and are only interested because in this one . Lucky fir the readers here no doubt 😆 . ) Yet you only post here and nowhere else at all it seems . Weird .I’m sure you’ll continue to be here . We all know why .
Do you have to be “from this area” to post about Coffman? I’m confused as to the Harry rules

Embrace a guy who only trolls me personally ? If he actually contributed anything I wouldn’t ask any questions . Embrace a turd made up account that only posts concerning a stranger ? You can embrace him . Do you claim to know him too ? What’s his physique like ? While we’re at it . Let’s see if you actually know me . Describe my physique 😆
Why do you want someone to describe your physique? Ew. And you call other people creepy????

By posting something that isn’t in reference to me. Your history suggests you rarely do that. So try . Can you at least try? 😆
Well, maybe once you get past your game of 20 questions people will get a chance to do that. But instead you try to bully them away or get them banned. I suggest letting the conversations happen naturally for a change rather than trying to control it.

Yet you only post here . I think you are the one with some actual serious problems . Check this guys posting history . Issues galore .
As I said. I have zero direct connections to high school sports now so my interest is limited. I do like Stokes and I am interested in how he is doing at Coffman. I have met nothing but anger and unwelcomeness from you as an outsider/newbie to yappi and your Coffman posts. I am even willing to look past your long-winded posts about gambling, your travels, your high school career, your pool, your house, and now your phsyique to read what I want. But you make it very challenging Mr. Crane.

This old Db guy is win by pin . ( gives himself away often ). The overt troll who came two years ago and reads everything here .Overt troll only loser who got tossed so he now posts under old DB . He knows nothing , cares about nothing to do with the thread tithe and only references me when posting , it’s the off season . You’ve been free to post anything you want for a long time now . Your posting history only shows you’re interested in what I post and trolling . That continues now and likely for as long as I’m here . Bully ? Been trying to post something that’s not about me ? Go for it . I’ll be waiting

Why do you want someone to describe your physique? Ew. And you call other people creepy????
You brought up my physique that you claimed wasn’t equipped for contact sports . You claim to know me . I don’t think you do . So ? What’s the issue ? Tell me what is the reason I couldst have possibly played a contact sport ?

Last edited: