Division IV Region 13

That is the trouble with having girls for kickers and punters, they may be accurate but they never can kick it as far as the boys. I remember watching a video of the first ever girl to kickoff in a D-I football game and everytime her kickoffs looked liked onside kicks and that same game they went for a really short FG and she was accurate but the ball fell at least 10 yards short. Point being is that girls can't really reliably kick long field goals, due to not have the leg strength. Boys have the leg strength but they often aren't as accurate as girls.
Yep, makes sense.

Other than niles even tho they aren’t a bad team, I think all of the other 7 have a legitimate chance to win this region. Probably the most wide open region in the entire state
Absolutely. I know using common opponent scores isn't always accurate for predictions...but after the first round, all of the remaining teams have played common opponents and the outcomes have been similar. The West Branch and Struthers scores were a little surprising in that their games were tighter than expected. I'm not reading too much into that as both had beaten their opponents easily earlier in the season.

Last edited:
Absolutely. I know using common opponent scores isn't always accurate for predictions...but after the first round, all of the remaining teams have played common opponents and the outcomes have been similar. The West Branch and Struthers scores were a little surprising in that their games were tighter than expected. I'm not reading too much into that as both had beaten their opponents easily earlier in the season.
Good thing I took out of the Struthers game was even tho they stumbled with penalties inside the red zone all night and came away with no points on 3 straight red zone drives, their defense held girard to their lowest points in a game all season

Buchtel should be able to pull up the tape from last years West Branch game.... Poochie is very similar to Deshields. He can spread it all over the field but is very effective with his legs... very intriguing matchup for sure!

Good thing I took out of the Struthers game was even tho they stumbled with penalties inside the red zone all night and came away with no points on 3 straight red zone drives, their defense held girard to their lowest points in a game all season
Coming off that tough loss to Poland and then seeing a potential rematch looming, I'm not surprised Struthers didn't play as well as they could. But scores don't matter at this point!

That CS vs Buchtel matchup so so intriguing. I’ve never seen Buchtel but they played a great schedule. Saw a lot of CS. Besides Poochie they have 2 really athletic receivers and a 6’2 220 bruiser at RB. They spread you out and make you choose which athlete to stop. Poochie is such a wild card in their offense. When they get some momentum…WOW they’re explosive! On defense they depend on blitzes and big plays because all the best talent is on offense. They’re sort of the Oregon of high school ball

That CS vs Buchtel matchup so so intriguing. I’ve never seen Buchtel but they played a great schedule. Saw a lot of CS. Besides Poochie they have 2 really athletic receivers and a 6’2 220 bruiser at RB. They spread you out and make you choose which athlete to stop. Poochie is such a wild card in their offense. When they get some momentum…WOW they’re explosive! On defense they depend on blitzes and big plays because all the best talent is on offense. They’re sort of the Oregon of high school ball
Yes should be a good game hopefully it nice crowd next Friday night hopefully they watch west branch film last year

Streetsboro - West Branch is also a good matchup. West Branch is a very young team. I think they had 4 seniors on the roster play mostly sophomores and Juniors. I don't know much about streetsboro - looking at scores and common opponents this should be a good game. It's hard to simulate WBs offense in practice

I finally got a chance to watch some highlights from South's season, and they really are an explosive team. I'm just not sold on the teams they were so explosive against. Buchtel finished 5-5, but they played a really tough schedule and were competitive in their losses. This should be a good one.

Streetsboro's Preston Hopperton is a stud. Has an offer from Kent State and honestly the only reason he doesn't have more is because he's only 5-10.
38 TDs and over 2,550 all-purpose yards in the regular season.
They have a veteran coach and they show a lot of different stuff pre-snap but obviously the idea is to get the ball in No. 2's hands in space.

Streetsboro's Preston Hopperton is a stud. Has an offer from Kent State and honestly the only reason he doesn't have more is because he's only 5-10.
38 TDs and over 2,550 all-purpose yards in the regular season.
They have a veteran coach and they show a lot of different stuff pre-snap but obviously the idea is to get the ball in No. 2's hands in space.
I don’t think he’s the type of kid they’re going to be able to stop, itll come down to time management and stealing a possession here or there. I’m taking the over in this game

LC v Struthers at Twinsburg maybe? I only say because I know they’ve hosted playoffs before. I know it’s longer drive for Struthers. About 40 mins for lake. Just under and hour for Struthers.

Just under and hour for Struthers.
It is at least an hour and 15-20 minutes for Struthers to Twinsburg, especially travelling on a school bus, maybe in a car you get there 5 or 10 minutes quicker, but still over an hour no matter what.