Division III State Championship: Trotwood-Madison (11-3) vs. Mansfield (13-1)

Who wins?

• Trotwood by 15+

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Trotwood by 8-14

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Trotwood by 1-7

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • Mansfield by 1-7

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Mansfield by 8-14

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Mansfield by 15+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A lot of people are dogging Mansfield just because they don’t have the championship pedigree that Trotwood has. There is a reason Mansfield is playing this week. They have shown they are a team capable of winning a championship.
Unfortunately on Yappi, if your team hasn't been to the final 4/championship game, they do not exist and have a zero percent chance of winning.

I say...GOOOOO MANSFIELD SENIOR! Bring the ship back to Richland County! Go TYgers!

Last edited:
Unfortunately on Yappi, if your team hasn't ever been to the final 4/championship game, they do not exist and have a zero percent chance of winning. That is just how it goes on here. It is really bad on the Lucas/Marion Local forum.

I say...GOOOOO MANSFIELD SENIOR! Bring the ship back to Richland County! Go TYgers!

I am pulling for Trotwood to win and expect a Trotwood to win, however, I am a believer that any team can beat any team on any given friday night. You give a lesser team the belief that they can win, they can win. That’s just football. When a team believes they can win, effort increases, focus increases, heart increases. I think any person who’s played football can agree on that. I’m not saying that Mansfield is a lesser team than Trotwood in ANY sense, but I’m trying to say that anyone who is writing off Mansfield before the game doesn’t know what they are talking about.

I'm looking forward to this one. I went to college with several guys from Mansfield, and they've been hitting me up on Facebook all weekend. So I'm curious about the Tygers...I know they have Angelo Groce, but who are their other playmakers?

I'm looking forward to this one. I went to college with several guys from Mansfield, and they've been hitting me up on Facebook all weekend. So I'm curious about the Tygers...I know they have Angelo Groce, but who are their other playmakers?

#17 and #53 #54 are complete animals for Mansfield.... They all stand out on film.

All are D1 commits I believe. #8 Gross is an absolute stud. He may win Mr. Football.
Grose is the one that stands out the most by far. I think match up wise this is Trotwood's toughest match up since Springfield. They have players. The question is going to be how they handle a championship environment. It matters. Trotwood has as much talent if not more and they live on this stage. They are playing with house money. Remember that three of Trotwood's standouts are also Basketball State Champions. They are a tough out. Give me the Rams in one of the better match ups of the weekend.

All are D1 commits I believe. #8 Grose is an absolute stud. He may win Mr. Football.
If you are from Mansfield Ohio, I expect nothing less than for you to believe your team has the best chance of beating TROTWOOD. Just like Wapakoneta and St. Marys and Bishop Hartley. Trotwood has played nothing but D1 schools all season long and I can’t say that for Mansfield. Keep believing... Your supposes too!!!!

So seriously, what is the story behind spelling Tigers with a "Y" I am sure that it has some sort of cool story or tradition to it. We will however NOT be spelling Ramnation with a Y. You stop that right now Sapientia et veritas ?

Grose is the one that stands out the most by far. I think match up wise this is Trotwood's toughest match up since Springfield. They have players. The question is going to be how they handle a championship environment. It matters. Trotwood has as much talent if not more and they live on this stage. They are playing with house money. Remember that three of Trotwood's standouts are also Basketball State Champions. They are a tough out. Give me the Rams in one of the better match ups of the weekend.

This is the third football state championship game that the Trotwood seniors have played in. They also won a title in basketball and will likely play for another this year. Trotwood kids know how to be the best.

Because someone long ago could not spell, and they got stuck with it. I believe Cleveland is spelled that way for same reason. See Moses Cleaveland.

They added a Y to be different than the Massillon Tigers. Those two used to battle it out back in the day.
are you a Mansfield guy? Tygers have had a pretty exciting run to the state title game. Trotwood's run has been pretty run of the mill for the Rams, even the win in the semi was a dominant performance for much of the game.

are you a Mansfield guy? Tygers have had a pretty exciting run to the state title game. Trotwood's run has been pretty run of the mill for the Rams, even the win in the semi was a dominant performance for much of the game.
I live 7-8 miles outside of Mansfield in Lucas. I am rooting for the TYgers (and the Cubs of course).

Trotwood fans, how expected was this trip to state for the Rams this season? I feel like they weren't necessarily expected to be here this weekend, at least from an outsiders perspective. Even in Week 11 I felt like many doubted they would beat Wapak. But when you look at the Rams schedule and teams they've beaten, competed with, it's pretty much your typical type of playoff success for Trotwood. I know very little about Mansfield but I have a lot of faith in Trotwood. This team and program is no stranger to this game. I think they'll rid their defensive speed to a state championship. I'll go with:

Trotwood-Madison 28
Mansfield 14

Could be good weekend for Richland County
We think so.

On Yappi, Lucas and Mansfield have both been given very little chance of winning. People say "I have never seen Lucas" or "I don't know anything about Mansfield" then pick them to lose. Sometimes by wide margins. Makes no sense.

You do not accidentally get to the state final. Both teams have a legitimate shot to win it all.

GO CUBS. GO TYGERS. Richland County is so proud of you!

We think so.

On Yappi, Lucas and Mansfield have both been given very little chance of winning. People say "I have never seen Lucas" or "I don't know anything about Mansfield" then pick them to lose. Sometimes by wide margins. Makes no sense.

You do not accidentally get to the state final. Both teams have a legitimate shot to win it all.

GO CUBS. GO TYGERS. Richland County is so proud of you!
I have seen Mansfield play. On film, the thing about that is Trotwood-Madison has seen opponents that have the same caliber of players as Mansfield, Trotwood-Madison played in a league that is made up of Division 1 schools, 2 of the 3 loses came by a combined 4 points to State Semi finalist Springfield, and Playoff participant Springboro, both of those games Trotwood lead by 2tds and gave up the lead because of turnovers. I think that Mansfield is a capable team, they are in the state finals. The question is has Mansfield played a team the caliber of and with the overall team speed of Trotwood? I haven't seen that they have. Correct me if I am wrong. I always caution on saying teams are going to lose Championship games by 2tds. I do think Trotwood will prevail.

I have seen Mansfield play. On film, the thing about that is Trotwood-Madison has seen opponents that have the same caliber of players as Mansfield, Trotwood-Madison played in a league that is made up of Division 1 schools, 2 of the 3 loses came by a combined 4 points to State Semi finalist Springfield, and Playoff participant Springboro, both of those games Trotwood lead by 2tds and gave up the lead because of turnovers. I think that Mansfield is a capable team, they are in the state finals. The question is has Mansfield played a team the caliber of and with the overall team speed of Trotwood? I haven't seen that they have. Correct me if I am wrong. I always caution on saying teams are going to lose Championship games by 2tds. I do think Trotwood will prevail.
"has Mansfield played a team the caliber of and with the overall team speed of Trotwood?"

They beat the number one ranked team in the state, Aurora.

"has Mansfield played a team the caliber of and with the overall team speed of Trotwood?"

They beat the number one ranked team in the state, Aurora.

ACTUALLY- the "#1 ranked team in the state" in the AP headed into the playoffs, was Bishop Hartley. Who Trotwood just beat. Aurora was number 3.