Division III State Championship: Trotwood-Madison (11-3) vs. Mansfield (13-1)

Who wins?

• Trotwood by 15+

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Trotwood by 8-14

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Trotwood by 1-7

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • Mansfield by 1-7

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Mansfield by 8-14

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Mansfield by 15+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great game thus far but I’m absolutely baffled by Senior’s clock management at the end of the game. They left a minute plus on the clock and deprived themselves of a chance to even it up or win.

Congratulations to he Rams. Could have packed it considering the penalties and blocked field goal. They didn't cave. A word on Jeff Graham. He could have lived anywhere he wanted. Instead he chose to come home and give back. Miami Valley is better off because of him and before him, Maurice Douglas. 2 points of light ..Jeff matches his hs coach in state titles in considerably less seasons.. Good work

How sweet it is!!!!!!!

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY

Attachments

• 2AF82E39-3E3D-4AFF-B1E5-5C600FA7B400.jpeg
    2AF82E39-3E3D-4AFF-B1E5-5C600FA7B400.jpeg
    921.6 KB · Views: 12
Seniors failure to field a punt leaves them stranded at their own 3 yard line. Bad bad decision by Grose to watch that roll on by.
Actually I thought his decision making on punt returns was bad all night, every punt could have been returned or at least fair caught.

Are we going to talk about Sam Anderson completely nullifying Grose? I think he had 1 catch for negative 3 yards. That was a big difference in the game.

Did anyone else notice trotwood maybe had 40 players at best on the sidelines? Also the band numbers are way down? Did the tornado affect this?
Yes the storm effected this. Trotwood has very strong youth programs in football and music though. They will be able to restore the numbers in the coming years. It has been very tough times in Trotwood in 2019. God Bless our state champions, they are the example of perseverance that we so desperately needed.

Did anyone else notice trotwood maybe had 40 players at best on the sidelines? Also the band numbers are way down? Did the tornado affect this?
Trotwood lost several kids to the tornado. Maybe not the school but extra curricular activities. Many kids just had to focus on finding a place to live and getting home became the priority. The band numbers are not down though. They are actually up..

Otherwise there are good numbers in the lower grades with close to 30 8th graders coming up from an undefeated GWOC season. They may be down for a couple of years but will be back. My guess back in the title game in 21 or 22.

I love the way #8 for Mansfield Senior played on defense. He seemed to always be around the ball especially in the first half.
#1 for Trotwood Madison might not have had a great game, but he still showed what a dangerous weapon he is.
All four line units were fun to watch as they basically all had solid games.
Mansfield secondary almost always seemed to cover the pass with ease.
Trotwood Madison on the defensive side of things was so strong minus one play.
Just finished watching this one.

I watched the game for the first time on spectrum and some points i’d like to say
1. This Trotwood team should get a lot more credit than they get. All I hear are how they are the worst Trotwood team of the past few years but the difference with this team is that they played with more aggression and more passion than other teams have. Past teams were better athletes but this was a better as a TEAM and unit.
2. I liked how either coach didn’t care who they were attacking. I saw Coach Graham call plays were Stewart or Hughley would throw it up to Grose and Mansfield quarterbacks would throw screens toward Sammy Anderson. They were confident they could get the job done, even when they didn’t.
3. Hughley is one of the most dangerous players i’ve seen this year. If he’s running straight and no ones within 3 yards of him he’s scoring. He won’t get tackled by the legs and he’s too fast for someone to get a body shot in him. He is a stud.
4. Best of the 7 state championship games. The teams were so evenly matched. It showed as it went into overtime.