• Canfield (Canfield)

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Chaney (Youngstown)

Votes: 36 40.0%
  • Chardon (Chardon)

Votes: 76 84.4%
  • Collinwood (Cleveland)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy (Cuyahoga Falls)

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Dover (Dover)

Votes: 64 71.1%
  • East (Akron)

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • East Technical (Cleveland)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geneva (Geneva)

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Gilmour Academy (Gates Mills)

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Harvey (Painesville)

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Hawken (Gates Mills)

• Howland (Warren)

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • John F Kennedy (Cleveland)

• Kenston (Chagrin Falls)

Votes: 52 57.8%
  • Kent Roosevelt (Kent)

• Louisville (Louisville)

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Madison (Madison)

• Marlington (Alliance)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • New Philadelphia (New Philadelphia)

Votes: 31 34.4%
  • Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin (Chardon)

• Tallmadge (Tallmadge)

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • University School (Hunting Valley)

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Ursuline (Youngstown)

Votes: 75 83.3%
  • Villa Angela-St Joseph (Cleveland)

Votes: 32 35.6%
  • West Geauga (Chesterland)

• Total voters
I don't think Watterson will be anywhere near as good as the others mentioned. TCC should be able to win without too much trouble.
Well - you will get a sneak peak on this as Chardon and Watty play early in the year. Watty also plays Parma Padua along with 3 D2's and a D1. Schedule looks much tougher then last year.

Well - you will get a sneak peak on this as Chardon and Watty play early in the year. Watty also plays Parma Padua along with 3 D2's and a D1. Schedule looks much tougher then last year.
Mind you I have only seen Bishop Watterson play twice in person, once against Canfield in the D-II playoffs in 2005 and once against Cardinal Mooney, possibly week 10.

Mind you I have only seen Bishop Watterson play twice in person, once against Canfield in the D-II playoffs in 2005 and once against Cardinal Mooney, possibly week 10.
I know the Watterson fanbase is pretty excited for this season. A LOT of returning talent and an offense that they seemed to figure it out in playoffs. I have no perspective on Watty vs those other 4 schools but I think this feels different then last year in which the community just didn't know how good we were.

I know the Watterson fanbase is pretty excited for this season.
Yes, all twelve of them are pretty pumped....
1687806485829.png

This is one of the regions where I think it's possible for a 16 vs 1 or 15 vs 2 upset. Someone running the table could get a #1 seed that may not have played the toughest schedule while another team finishes 6-4 against an extremely tough schedule and just squeaks into the playoffs. Finishing near the top of the region is not a guarantee of an easy first-round game.

This is one of the regions where I think it's possible for a 16 vs 1 or 15 vs 2 upset. Someone running the table could get a #1 seed that may not have played the toughest schedule while another team finishes 6-4 against an extremely tough schedule and just squeaks into the playoffs. Finishing near the top of the region is not a guarantee of an easy first-round game.
Exhibit A: 2022 Kenston Bombers
  • 13 seed (7-3)
  • Defeated #4 University School 40-33
  • Defeated #5 Chaney 31-7
  • Lost to #1 Chardon 10-7
Not quite a 15 or 16 seed. But a heck of a run.

Exhibit A: 2022 Kenston Bombers
  • 13 seed (7-3)
  • Defeated #4 University School 40-33
  • Defeated #5 Chaney 31-7
  • Lost to #1 Chardon 10-7
Not quite a 15 or 16 seed. But a heck of a run.
The previous year SV-SM Irish and East Orientals (not Golden Bears) both had a good chance at an upset, and were both very good teams. One nearly beat #2 Dover, the other lost to Chardon but could have conceivably beat many of the other teams that made the playoffs.

Preseason

1-Chardon
2-Canfield
3-Ursuline
4-Kenston
5-VASJ
6-Chaney
7-Alliance
8-Tallmadge
9-Dover
10-Aurora
11-Akron East
12-University
13-Geneva
14-New Philadelphia
15-CVCA
16-Gilmour Academy
17-NDCL
18-Harvey
19-Louisville
20-Hawken
21-Bedford
22-Madison
23-Howland
24-West Geauga
25-Kent Roosevelt
26-Marlington
27-Cleveland JFK
28-Collinwood
29-East Tech

Last edited:
The previous year SV-SM Irish and East Orientals (not Golden Bears) both had a good chance at an upset, and were both very good teams. One nearly beat #2 Dover, the other lost to Chardon but could have conceivably beat many of the other teams that made the playoffs.
East would have given everyone Chardon played that year in the playoffs a game except Canfield or Badin

Dover beat them by a few touchdowns that year, but they were definitely a good team.
If winning 28-14 is a few, so be it. But I’d say they won by a couple/2 TDs. These Dover supporters are amusing. I love reading their warped perception on things. Keeps it entertaining.

If winning 28-14 is a few, so be it. But I’d say they won by a couple/2 TDs. These Dover supporters are amusing. I love reading their warped perception on things. Keeps it entertaining.
Lol easy Topper.....2 and 3 are pretty close, I wouldn't call it warped. What's the scouting report on Chardon this year?

I always considered 2-3 a few. I guess I’m not within his defined range 🤷‍♂️
A couple is 2, a few is 3, several is more than 3. But this is subjective. Some consider a couple 2-3-4, and a few 3-4. no clue what that warped thinking makes several mean. But I do know there is a difference between week 4, week 11, and week 14.

A couple is 2, a few is 3, several is more than 3. But this is subjective. Some consider a couple 2-3-4, and a few 3-4. no clue what that warped thinking makes several mean. But I do know there is a difference between week 4, week 11, and week 14.
I looked it up and found this multiple times:

1:

How many is a few?

A few is generally considered to mean between two and several. Some people use a few to mean around three, but this is not a universal interpretation. Its meaning is highly relative to the context—it often depends on what’s being discussed, especially the scale and expectations.

2:
While many would agree that few means three or more, the dictionary definition is, “not many but more than one.” So, a few cannot be one, but it can be as low as two.

Tell Topper when you see him please.

I looked it up and found this multiple times:

1:

How many is a few?

A few is generally considered to mean between two and several. Some people use a few to mean around three, but this is not a universal interpretation. Its meaning is highly relative to the context—it often depends on what’s being discussed, especially the scale and expectations.

2:
While many would agree that few means three or more, the dictionary definition is, “not many but more than one.” So, a few cannot be one, but it can be as low as two.

Tell Topper when you see him please.
Hahaha. I stand corrected. That said, I still consider a “few” 3 or more.

Hearing good things out of the Gates Mills Hawken camp..They could sneak into top 6 of region.

Final Preseason. This is a week to week power ranking, not a projected Harbin pts list

1-Chardon
2-Canfield
3-Ursuline
4-Kenston
5-VASJ
6-Chaney
7-Dover
8-Alliance
9-Tallmadge
10-Aurora
11-Akron East
12-University
13-New Philadelphia
14-Geneva
15-CVCA
16-NDCL
17-Gilmour Academy
18-Louisville
19-Harvey
20-Bedford
21-Hawken
22-Madison
23-Howland
24-West Geauga
25-Kent Roosevelt
26-Marlington
27-Cleveland JFK
28-Collinwood
29-East Tech

After week 1 w/ changes from last week. This is a week to week power ranking, not a projected Harbin pts list.

1-Chardon
2-Canfield
3-Ursuline
4-Kenston
5-Alliance (+3)
6-VASJ (-1)
7-Akron East (+4)
8-Aurora (+2)
9-Geneva (+5)
10-Chaney (-4)
11-New Philadelphia (+2)
12-Dover (-5)
13-Gilmour Academy (+4)
14-NDCL (+2)
15-University (-3)
16-Tallmadge (-8)
17-Hawken (+4)
18-CVCA (-3)
19-Bedford (+1)
20-Louisville (-2)
21-Harvey (-2)
22-Madison
23-West Geauga (+1)
24-Kent Roosevelt (+1)
25-Howland (-2)
26-Marlington
27-Cleveland JFK
28-Collinwood
29-East Tech

After week 3 w/ changes from week 1. This is a week to week power ranking, not a projected Harbin pts list.

1-Ursuline (+2)
2-Chardon (-1)
3-Kenston (+1)
4-VASJ (+2)
5-Canfield (-3)
5-NDCL (+9)
7-Akron East
8-Geneva (+1)
9-Gilmour Academy (+4)
10-Aurora (-2)
11-Alliance (-6)
12-Chaney (-2)