Division III Region 9 Semi Finals: #5 VASJ Vikings (9-3) vs #1 Ursuline Fighting Irish (12-0) @ Marlington

There was not many people in the VASJ stands at Kenston last week I don’t it matters where they play they didn’t seem to travel well
You are correct. Not many came to ytown either. I suspect there wont be many in Marlington on Friday.

There was not many people in the VASJ stands at Kenston last week I don’t it matters where they play they didn’t seem to travel well
Idk why there were no student body at the games. Haven't for the last few years. You would think the administration would offer some kind of bus for the students to come. MOST OF THE FAN BASE IS ALUM or family of players. I'm one of the fans that wish vasj had a band too. Kenstons band did a nice show and they have a beautiful facility...

Idk why there were no student body at the games. Haven't for the last few years. You would think the administration would offer some kind of bus for the students to come. MOST OF THE FAN BASE IS ALUM or family of players. I'm one of the fans that wish vasj had a band too. Kenstons band did a nice show and they have a beautiful facility...
Sadly, the school's current Principal seems to have very little interest in expanding extracurricular activities at the school or anything related to school spirit. It's a shame too, so many positive things going on at VASJ and some amazing kids who deserve better.

Sadly, the school's current Principal seems to have very little interest in expanding extracurricular activities at the school or anything related to school spirit. It's a shame too, so many positive things going on at VASJ and some amazing kids who deserve better.
When I was attending VASJ, the first time we made the playoffs since 2003 we had 2 spirit buses and our entire side was packed.

When I was there, It was the polar opposite. Majority of the fanbase was either alums, parents or friends. The student section not showing would not have slid when my class was there or from years past. It’s really a shame but shows the existing problem with students showing no interest in supporting their classmates.

If where you are coming from brings you down I-77 or SR-8 and across US-224 instead of down SR-14, then your best bet is likely stopping somewhere in Akron or Cuyahoga Falls on the way down as there are not many options once you get off 8 or 77 beyond the Akron/North Canton area.
The area on 77 or express 8 in downtown is still a mess, do not go through akron

Some places to eat in Streetsboro also.

Last edited:
Warren Harding had a guy that was their leader in the band. did the baton thing. That was one of the best things at a game. doesn't exist anymore, kinda sad.
He was called the Drum Major I think. We had quite a few good ones. It was modeled after the OSU band drum major. One of WGH’s was offered a tryout with OSU band back in 70’s.

I know this, some of those constructions projects are within my purview or a coworkers purview. I was just trying to help in case someone decided to go that way.
So does one of my former players with ODOT but the fans may not have known

If the Vikings can break even or win in the turnover battle, as we saw last week, this game becomes winnable. Also need the offense to keep rolling like it has been and the defense to win a few third downs. That sounds like a perfect game and it'll take a near perfect effort to pull of the upset of an unbeaten 1 seed.

VASJ is dangerous right now. They have some dudes in the important positions. They are playing with a swagger that was missing during the regular season.

Will this game be streamed online anywhere? It does not appear to be on the Spectrum slate of games and YSN Live shows an “audio only” version of this game being available tonight.