Division I Football Poll - Week 6 (10/07/19)

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
1 Mentor (Mentor) (6-0) (256) [21]
2 St Edward (Lakewood) (5-1) (218) [3]
3 Elder (Cincinnati) (5-1) (157)
4 St Xavier (Cincinnati) (5-1) (150)
5 Fairfield (Fairfield) (6-0) (122) [1]
6 Olentangy Liberty (Powell) (6-0) (111)
7 Whitmer (Toledo) (6-0) (103) [1]
8 Colerain (Cincinnati) (5-1) (95) [1]
9 Euclid (Euclid) (6-0) (94)
10 Springboro (Springboro) (6-0) (57) [1]

Others - Canton McKinley (Canton) (5-1), St Ignatius (Cleveland) (3-3), Pickerington Central (Pickerington) (5-1), Dublin Coffman (Dublin) (5-1), Springfield (Springfield) (5-1)

Seems Reasonable. Haven't seen, or know anything about Whitmer and Euclid, but struggle to think they are better than Pick Central given what I've seen of Pick Central the past couple of years. Could certainly be true.

-CardinalsFan

People sleeping on Springfield. They are the best Dayton area team this year and I don't think it's close.

Seems Reasonable. Haven't seen, or know anything about Whitmer and Euclid, but struggle to think they are better than Pick Central given what I've seen of Pick Central the past couple of years. Could certainly be true.

-CardinalsFan

It's not true . Whitmer got a good transfer Senior RB from Michigan and their QB is very good, BUT they aren't better than PC. I have seen both , PC would beat them . Euclid I heard isn't as good as last year? Doubt they beat them either. I agree Springfield I believe can be scary good when they are at full strength . Doesn't matter where you are now anyway, or what the rankings or poll say . One bad game drops teams to oblivion in some polls and sometimes there are better than an undefeated who hasn't played as many good teams . PC had a subpar game and loss to a team they probably beat at least 4 out of 5 times . It happens , still a very solid team that is better than some ranked ahead of them .

PC had a subpar game and loss to a team they probably beat at least 4 out of 5 times . It happens , still a very solid team that is better than some ranked ahead of them .

Groveport had no part of that sub-par or it was all self-inflicted by PC? 5-1 and a close game against Liberty seems to say GM is a pretty darn good team too, no?

They are solid, but it's a program that hadn't beaten a team with a wining record in over a decade. They are good, but Liberty had multiple injuries in that game and of course they stayed with them but if you look at the whole body of work they are good not great. Opponent always contributes to some degree not question . Groveport played really well and it was the biggest game in their programs recent histroy.

2007 they came close to PC in a huge game, and in 2009 they played a much hyped game vs Coffman with Leveon Bell as a Senior and got lit up 51-7 . Since then? No wins vs. a team with a wining record. Until this year that is. Good story and they will make the play-offs, how long a run I am not sure and I seriously doubt they beat PC in a possible rematch.