Division 2 State Champ

They beat a team who won 5 games Alters JV would've beat them. All I am saying is if one of them goes down Alter is in huge trouble. Without Jacob Connor that team is nothing special as well as no one over 6'3"
Hell, the Alter Mom's could have beaten Greenville. I hope Jacob comes back, but I stil do not think they are state champion caliber.

Alter's guard Gavin Geisel struggles to keep his composure when things get rough, same thing goes or Chew. With Chew playing his former school, a huge upset could be a possibility. Not sure the status on Conner, heard from a buddy at the bar he is full go. A lot of talk on social media, I am very excited for this matchup.

Last edited:
Alter's guard Gavin Geisel struggles to keep his composure when things get rough, same thing goes or Chew. With Chew playing his former school, a huge upset could be a possibility. Not sure the status on Connor, heard from a buddy at the bar he is full go. A lot of talk on social media, I am very excited for this matchup.
After Gavin Geisel's freshman year fight, he has had problems keeping his composure. All you have to do is set a hard screen and he will be rattled

I heard from a little birdie that Harris's dad is the issue with his son not playing. His dad was suspended for two games for entering the court after his son was fouled pretty hard and that when Dru would not defend him that he said that his son would not play if he was not permitted in the gym.

Alter and Woodward on a collision course to play in the Regional Final. I think Alter wins but WW will have the best player on the floor. Alter wins the coaching battle by a mile. The only chance you wont see Alter in the final 4 is if Woodward can beat them.

Alter and Woodward on a collision course to play in the Regional Final. I think Alter wins but WW will have the best player on the floor. Alter wins the coaching battle by a mile. The only chance you wont see Alter in the final 4 is if Woodward can beat them.
I agree with this Alters district and regional semi matchups are a complete joke I do not see anyone knocking them off until they would play St. V in the state semi, but if Harris doesn't play its a completely different game

I heard from a little birdie that Harris's dad is the issue with his son not playing. His dad was suspended for two games for entering the court after his son was fouled pretty hard and that when Dru would not defend him that he said that his son would not play if he was not permitted in the gym.
Well so much for injury related . . .

this is just selfish from Sincere's dad. he has no place to walk out on the floor just because his kid got fouled. It's part of the game. if I were sincere I would be more worried about his future and not about his dad getting into his high school games.

this is just selfish from Sincere's dad. he has no place to walk out on the floor just because his kid got fouled. It's part of the game. if I were sincere I would be more worried about his future and not about his dad getting into his high school games.
Oh something tells me all will be forgiven when Regionals roll around.

If this is the case the Dad is a fool. I applaud Coach Dru for not getting involved.

When Harris first came to STVM I had heard he had issues and was a hot head. Fortunately he’s kept it under control but I‘ve worried it would surface in a crucial game. Now we know what he’s grown up with. All the Dad has done is put a target on Sencire’s back.

If this is the case the Dad is a fool. I applaud Coach Dru for not getting involved.

When Harris first came to STVM I had heard he had issues and was a hot head. Fortunately he’s kept it under control but I‘ve worried it would surface in a crucial game. Now we know what he’s grown up with. All the Dad has done is put a target on Sencire’s back.
I have no idea if this is true or not. I hope not, but wouldn't be surprised if it were. I will say that over the past couple of years I have seen Harris get more than his share of hard fouls. Some really close to being over the top. A lot of them were in games against Federal League opponents and I wrote that off as being some latent hard feelings for him transferring to the Irish. Anyway, to his credit, I can't recall a time where he retaliated in kind. As a dad, I get wanting to protect your son when you feel he is getting knocked around. But you CANNOT go onto the court and you CANNOT throw a temper tantrum and hold your son out of games. The one who is most hurt by this, if this is true, will unfortunately be his own son.

Last edited:
Well so much for injury related . . .
Well, I think butt hurt would be considered an injury. ?

Tonight’s game SVSM vs Warrensville Heights is being streamed on YouTube Channel: STVM Broadcasting. Harris is not listed in the starting lineup on the scoreboard.

Wow! From 52-48 to that! Sounds like a very apt description!
It felt inevitable at that point anyway, with Alter pulling things together, but the back-breaker for Bellbrook seemed to be a questionable technical foul called on Pavlak for a tie-up on the sideline. It took the wind out of Bellbrook's sails, for sure.

Alter dominated the fourth quarter, to state the obvious.

Just a note, after years of attending games, you'd think I would no longer be surprised at the classless chants from the Alter student body, but...

How they can claim to provide a high level of character education, and allow their students to chant what they do, is beyond me.

It felt inevitable at that point anyway, with Alter pulling things together, but the back-breaker for Bellbrook seemed to be a questionable technical foul called on Pavlak for a tie-up on the sideline. It took the wind out of Bellbrook's sails, for sure.

Just a note, after years of attending games, you'd think I would no longer be surprised at the classless chants from the Alter student body, but...

How they can claim to provide a high level of character education, and allow their students to chant what they do, is beyond me.
The technical was not questionable at all, and neither was the technical on the Bellbrook HC, who acted like a child having a tantrum most of the game. He was ridiculous.

It seemed like the Bellbrook student body had plenty of chants while they were still in the game. They had plenty to say when they were up at half. The Alter students did nothing more than the Bellbrook students. It was just kids being kids, so there’s no need to question the class or character of the school.

The technical was not questionable at all, and neither was the technical on the Bellbrook HC, who acted like a child having a tantrum most of the game. He was ridiculous.

It seemed like the Bellbrook student body had plenty of chants while they were still in the game. They had plenty to say when they were up at half. The Alter students did nothing more than the Bellbrook students. It was just kids being kids, so there’s no need to question the class or character of the school.
I agree about the HC, but Pavlak was going over to help Conner up.

We will have to agree to disagree about kids being kids. I heard what they said, and have for years.

Good luck to Alter, they earned the win.

I agree about the HC, but Pavlak was going over to help Conner up.

We will have to agree to disagree about kids being kids. I heard what they said, and have for years.

Good luck to Alter, they earned the win.
I am with you till you attack the Alter student section. Please....Tech on BB player very questionable, I would not have called it but don't know what was said. Bellbrook HC acts like a child like needs to grow up. Good game till 4th

STVM Boys Basketball have won 26 Sectional Championships in a row and are now trying to win their 14th District Championship in a row. Dru Joyce still seeking his first Coach of the Year recognition in the State of Ohio.

STVM Boys Basketball have won 26 Sectional Championships in a row and are now trying to win their 14th District Championship in a row. Dru Joyce still seeking his first Coach of the Year recognition in the State of Ohio.
Wow how can that be not 1 coach of the year???

Rumor has it Sencire quit, heard that he and his dad got into it with the staff, not sure how credible my sources were, just thought I would get this out there.

As a SVSM alum who lives down in the Dayton area the only team I can say that I'm worried about is the Alter Knights from Kettering. They're putting up monstrous scores night in and night out, granted the competition in the playoffs besides maybe Bellbrook hasn't been the greatest. If the matchup happens and my Irish are without Sencire you could see a big upset.

What chants were classless?

As a SVSM alum who lives down in the Dayton area the only team I can say that I'm worried about is the Alter Knights from Kettering. They're putting up monstrous scores night in and night out, granted the competition in the playoffs besides maybe Bellbrook hasn't been the greatest. If the matchup happens and my Irish are without Sencire you could see a big upset.
Im sure they will be fine without him. Still have Pryor, Hayes, the big post and a great coach . . .