Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Alter by 1-8

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Alter by 9-16

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Alter by 17+

Votes: 28 26.4%

• Total voters
Wonder why there was not a Alter by 48 choice…

Attachments

• IMG_1765.jpeg
    IMG_1765.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 69
I went to this game last night, I had never seen Steubenville and while I have been involved in Yappi and high school football for many years. I have always thought of The Big Red as a solid program. I really looked forward to finally being able to add them to my long list of schools I've seen in person over the years. Unfortunately what I saw out of them was not what I expected by any means. While you can say all you want some of the penalty's was questionable and I won't disagree, but for the coaching staff to not step in and tell the kids to stop giving them reason to throw flags is not acceptable in my opinion. Do I think the crew was flag happy? Yes I do, but they made it very clear very early they was not giving any margin or they was throwing a flag.

To the game itself, the dropped passes early on by BR was untimely, but the thing that kind of struck me as odd was the demeanor of the players after the drops. It was as if they wasn't really upset with the drops. Does BR normally not do any warm ups coming out of the half? They came out to start the 3rd quarter just walked to the sideline and stood around until it started while Alter was getting ready for the 2nd half. We left after Alter kicked off from the 30 and pooched it to the side and then recovered the kickoff while BR players didn't even put any effort into recovering the kickoff. I added the BR to my list, but I hope to some day get to see them again and change the narrative of what I saw in them last night.
Steubenville is basically an independent school free of any tough conferences. They schedule the seasons knowing how to avoid the heavyweights and mathematics ensure playoffs. Actually cleaver. Kettering Alter had a more competitive schedule and was prepared. Just web search Rollredroll. Notice what comes up. I've read several newspaper accounts of the game and each news source zeroed in on Steubenville's dirty playing with Reno's blessings. Speaks volume about the community.

They should. Players have to be personally responsible for their own behaviour but when the players lose control like they did last night, it is the coaches job to remove the players and he clearly he didn't do that last night. I am sure the BR coach is a good coach but last night was a total failure on his part.
Never gonna happen. Even during the world infamous Steubenville " Rape Crew " Scandal, the town rallied behind the enabler.

Steubenville is basically an independent school free of any tough conferences. They schedule the seasons knowing how to avoid the heavyweights and mathematics ensure playoffs. Actually cleaver. Kettering Alter had a more competitive schedule and was prepared. Just web search Rollredroll. Notice what comes up. I've read several newspaper accounts of the game and each news source zeroed in on Steubenville's dirty playing with Reno's blessings. Speaks volume about the community.
And who are these “heavy weights” Steubenville should schedule? You have made the same statement on two different threads so I assume you have some sort of agenda. Probably the fan of another valley school who wants no part of playing big red.

Final thoughts on the game are that big red was out coached, played and classed by Alter. Alter was the better team that night. Dropped passes, fumbles, 17 penalties for 230 yards….. nobody can overcome that against a quality opponent. Although some of those penalties seemed a bit ticky-tacky you shouldn’t give the refs a reason to throw them. Keep your mouths shut a play the game. The most disappointing thing to me was that some of our senior “leaders” acted like they didn’t even want to be there. Not all but some in that group think they are MUCH better football players than they actually are.

Good luck to Alter against Glenville!

One of the personal fouls was against the grandson of the enabler. He gunned the football at a ref who was coming in to mark the spot. No class from top to bottom of that team.
I actually watched some of the replay and grandson got another one a few plays later. Alter scored and grandson wanted motion called during the extra point..he was yelling and gesturing at the ref as the ball was being kicked!

One of the personal fouls was against the grandson of the enabler. He gunned the football at a ref who was coming in to mark the spot. No class from top to bottom of that team.

About when in the game was that?

Odd Alter was ok with scoring a TD, and even before that throwing a swing pass on 3rd down that went for a big chunk, but then taking a knee on the extra point. Maybe it was a poke-in-the-eye gesture.
Like Big Red has”never” done that.

Should we just go ahead and schedule Ed’s and Iggy too? Also, what does Massilon have to gain by beating a D4 team? How many D4 teams does Massilon schedule? Unless Steubenville doubles its enrollment or Massilon pulls off a GA/Glenville situation that game may never happen again.
Glenville played Avon these past 2 years

Massillon and Steubenville could both be III, and won't get scheduled

Should we just go ahead and schedule Ed’s and Iggy too? Also, what does Massilon have to gain by beating a D4 team? How many D4 teams does Massilon schedule? Unless Steubenville doubles its enrollment or Massilon pulls off a GA/Glenville situation that game may never happen again.
The same thing that y'all had to gain in 2015 when y'all blew us out because you knew we wasn't good. Come on bro let's not play them stupid asses games. Steubenville was playing Massillon consistently when we was not good but now all of a sudden what do we gain by scheduling a D4 team? Steubenville claims have a lot of tradition correct? Massillon has a lot of tradition correct? Massillon is the all-time winningest program in the state of Ohio correct? Steubenville is in the top three all-time winningest programs in the state of Ohio correct? There's a lot of reasons why that game should be played I'm not a hater steubenville can compete so why not play us? Y'all were supposed to have return the favor after we went down in 2015 and played y'all in steubenville y'all were supposed to play us in 2016 at our place and the contract magically ended come on dawg

Last edited:
Plus we know Reno is scared to play any team that can beat him

The same thing that y'all had to gain in 2015 when y'all blew us out because you knew we wasn't good. Come on bro let's not play them stupid asses games. Steubenville was playing Massillon consistently when we was not good but now all of a sudden what do we gain by scheduling a D4 team? Steubenville claims have a lot of tradition correct? Massillon has a lot of tradition correct? Massillon is the all-time winningest program in the state of Ohio correct? Steubenville is in the top three all-time winningest programs in the state of Ohio correct? There's a lot of reasons why that game should be played I'm not a hater steubenville can compete so why not play us? Y'all were supposed to have return the favor after we went down in 2015 and played y'all in steubenville y'all were supposed to play us in 2016 at our place and the contract magically ended come on dawg
They used to play 2-3 Senate league teams a year back in the 80s and 90s when the math made sense dawg Reno is shameless 🤣

I actually watched some of the replay and grandson got another one a few plays later. Alter scored and grandson wanted motion called during the extra point..he was yelling and gesturing at the ref as the ball was being kicked!
That was not one of the fouls either.

They used to play 2-3 Senate league teams a year back in the 80s and 90s when the math made sense dawg Reno is shameless 🤣
Actually, lack of Harbins beating Senate cost CINNAMON FLAVOR CHEWING GUM playoff spots. In a stroke of genius, go after out of State 🍅 cans at home who will be Harbin cows.