Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Glenville by 1-8

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Glenville by 9-16

Votes: 39 27.9%
  • Glenville by 17+

Votes: 62 44.3%

• Total voters
Im staying with the shock and awe factor. That doesn’t mean that CS kids are “afraid” or get hurt etc. The shock and awe happens when you play 5 D5 and 1 D6 team during the regular season. Hell they may have only seen 3-4 D1 recruits all year. Being shocked is inescapable when you line up against 10 or 11 D1 guys and on the same field. The first thing to go in that situation is your confidence. Once the confidence is gone it’s impossible to win. And before all you CS fans start beating me up, that will happen against almost anybody they play. Obviously Perkins did a great job of not letting it affect them, but from what I’m told they have 4-5 D1 guys themselves. I’ll be rooting for the underdog.

Im staying with the shock and awe factor. That doesn’t mean that CS kids are “afraid” or get hurt etc. The shock and awe happens when you play 5 D5 and 1 D6 team during the regular season. Hell they may have only seen 3-4 D1 recruits all year. Being shocked is inescapable when you line up against 10 or 11 D1 guys and on the same field. The first thing to go in that situation is your confidence. Once the confidence is gone it’s impossible to win. And before all you CS fans start beating me up, that will happen against almost anybody they play. Obviously Perkins did a great job of not letting it affect them, but from what I’m told they have 4-5 D1 guys themselves. I’ll be rooting for the underdog.
Wonder when South posters are gonna be on the Big Red-Alter thread questioning Big Reds last 2 close playoff games against middle of the pack d4 teams?Never.

Glenville still has four starters out that were deemed ineligible before the Hoban game. The QB and the other transfers that were out were cleared after the Hoban game. The 4 still out came from private schools to public. Benny & Lutheran West.

I have no rooting interest in either team, these are honest questions. Would appreciate just answers and not snarky responses:

1) where is “poochie” going to play college fb or if not committed, where is he being recruited to?

2) If the players from Ginn A. counted towards Glenville enrollment, what division would they be in?

3) I have taught in urban schools. If G.A. gives these kids better opportunities, there’s really nothing to complain about. No person or team is “owed” a state championship. 99% of us never get one and we are just fine in life.

4) If a student at Lebrons I Promise school played for Buchtel, would people complain about that? Or bc it’s Lebrons school it’s okay and in cleveland it isn’t?

5) All that said, I understand people think a loaded team should not be d4, but I don’t see the same vilifying of Marion local taking away all the other d7 kids chance at a title or Kirkland in d6. If we’re being honest, a true star on Glenville prob is embarrassed they’re d4. If you’re going to Ohio State, winning a d4 championship doesn’t carry as much luster. I’d argue most of them would prob prefer to play up. If they’re a true star, they’re going wherever anyways, but if they’re a fringe kid, playing d4 will hurt their chances of getting a power five offer.

anywho good luck to both teams, is CS can score over 21 I like their chance but the only way the Wildcats win this game is a shoot out and hope they have ball last.

I like their chance but the only way the Wildcats win this game is a shoot out and hope they have ball last.
If they have the ball last, they either win on a game-winning touchdown or field goal with zeroes on the clock (kind of rare), or in victory formation (kind of anti-climactic).

because he knows the truth lol, and so do you.
Shut the f*** up, dimwit. Just say you hate Glenville and schools like them and be done with it. Stop with this "unfair advantage, and "gaming the system" claptrap. It's not true. You and your anti-Glenville circle-jerk buddies spew the same garbage on every thread about them. It's wash, rinse, and repeat. Get bent!

Go Tarblooders! Good luck Friday night!

Wonder when South posters are gonna be on the Big Red-Alter thread questioning Big Reds last 2 close playoff games against middle of the pack d4 teams?Never.
Oh I don’t know. Once they lose and they’re looking for someone to hate and get beat worse than they did they’ll be plenty of them responding on our game threads.

Last edited:
I have no rooting interest in either team, these are honest questions. Would appreciate just answers and not snarky responses:

1) where is “poochie” going to play college fb or if not committed, where is he being recruited to?

2) If the players from Ginn A. counted towards Glenville enrollment, what division would they be in?

3) I have taught in urban schools. If G.A. gives these kids better opportunities, there’s really nothing to complain about. No person or team is “owed” a state championship. 99% of us never get one and we are just fine in life.

4) If a student at Lebrons I Promise school played for Buchtel, would people complain about that? Or bc it’s Lebrons school it’s okay and in cleveland it isn’t?

5) All that said, I understand people think a loaded team should not be d4, but I don’t see the same vilifying of Marion local taking away all the other d7 kids chance at a title or Kirkland in d6. If we’re being honest, a true star on Glenville prob is embarrassed they’re d4. If you’re going to Ohio State, winning a d4 championship doesn’t carry as much luster. I’d argue most of them would prob prefer to play up. If they’re a true star, they’re going wherever anyways, but if they’re a fringe kid, playing d4 will hurt their chances of getting a power five offer.
Great questions, Coach.
1. Committed to Sacred Heart
2. Not sure anyone knows. Also not sure you can use that # since kids from all over go to GA but not all play ball for Glenville
3. AMEN!
4. I see your point, but unfortunately think the answer is “yes, folks would still complain “
5. Facts. Every division has a Goliath. Some folks on here would be freaked out by the D5 Mooney teams of 15 years ago that had B1G recruits on both sides of the ball.

For your number 3 let me hand you your crutch and welcome you to the thread.

Great questions, Coach.
2. Not sure anyone knows. Also not sure you can use that # since kids from all over go to GA but not all play ball for Glenville
3. AMEN!
4. I see your point, but unfortunately think the answer is “yes, folks would still complain “
5. Facts. Every division has a Goliath. Some folks on here would be freaked out by the D5 Mooney teams of 15 years ago that had B1G recruits on both sides of the ball.
Ive learned those Mooney teams either dont exist to people or they say thats why CB was created like Mooney is in D2 now or something lol

Great questions, Coach.
3. AMEN!

You have a valid point but with all due respect those Mooney teams were never in D5, Ursuline was. Mooney played in 7 state championship games from 2004-2013 and they were all in either D3 or D4 in those years. They were in D5 from 2020-22 and back in D4 this year.

You have a valid point but with all due respect those Mooney teams were never in D5, Ursuline was. Mooney played in 7 state championship games from 2004-2013 and they were all in either D3 or D4 in those years. They were in D5 from 2020-22 and back in D4 this year.
This made me think of a few years ago, when Ursuline was loaded in D4, beat Glenville soundly, hammered a very good West Branch team, then beat the best team in school history for Port Clinton in the final four, then got beat by Clinton Massive IIRC for the state title in a down to the wire game.

This made me think of a few years ago, when Ursuline was loaded in D4, beat Glenville soundly, hammered a very good West Branch team, then beat the best team in school history for Port Clinton in the final four, then got beat by Clinton Massive IIRC for the state title in a down to the wire game.
With all due respect to Ursuline, they didn't beat Glenville "soundly" in 2021. It was 42-38.

With all due respect to Ursuline, they didn't beat Glenville "soundly" in 2021. It was 42-38.
I assume that people were complaining about Ursuline recruiting back this too. It is what it is and there will always be the private vs. public debate and certain public schools that push open enrollment and transfers to the limit, Massillon for example. The OHSAA establishes rules and this is what we have. I think Canton South found themselves in a similar but worse situation in the early 2000s with a very good basketball team and had to play ASVM and Lebron James in the tournament.

How is Glenville recruiting? The kids who go there want to be there. They don't need any persuasion.

And cry me a goddamn river about suburban schools. They have all of the odds stacked in their favor when they play city schools. Nobody bats an eye. But let a city school compete with suburban and private schools on more equal terms. Then, all of a sudden, it's wrong, unfair, etc.

Go away
Yeah Glenville with a D1 kid at every other position has the odds stacked against them 🤣

Mooney had some great teams, there were only 6 divisions until 2013 but regardless, they has some great teams.

Good luck Canton South!

But man, this thread has been childish and annoying to read because of a few folks with an axe to grind. Grow up.
Yeah guys, grow up. A school that "attracts" from a million Metro area has no advantage over a school who's roster comes from a 8-12k community.

I really think everyone is missing the point about Glenville/Ginn Academy. Where would some of those kids be if not on the field? How many further their education? How many get out of a bad situation because of football and/or the Ginn academy?

Do you really think Ted Ginn Sr really needs to coach? His son made millions with a 14 year NFL career. This guy had changed young men's lives for the good. That is way more important than and OHSAA playoff game.

I am really pulling for Canton South and hope them can pull of a big upset and i hope whoever wins this game wins the title next week

Marion Local and Kirtland built their rosters in the community and their divisions are commensurate with their enrollment/population/draw.

Much different than a team which builds their roster with a major Metro area reach playing small communities.