Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Glenville by 9-16

Votes: 39 27.9%
  • Glenville by 17+

Votes: 62 44.3%

• Total voters
The good ol' loophole!

south park beat a dead horse GIF

Some of us use this forum as a way to combine sports and humor to get through everyday life, hence the award-winning PAC thread. I'm glad you noticed!

In an unrelated topic, does Glenville... err, Ginn Academy... have a BellStores nearby?
It is a MULTI TIME AWARD WINNING THREAD!!!

I really wanna see what poochie can do against Ohio state commit cornerback Bryce west I believe this defense is going to be way to fast for these cs receivers to get open

Does this have the makings of an Athens and TCC state title type shootout?

I mean, it sure seems like it could
Have honestly been thinking about this all week. Love watching Poochie play, but don't know if he's a "Joe Cool" kinda QB, but it sure does have those kind of vibes.

Although I admire what Ted Ginn has and is doing with these kids, I am rooting for the underdog here. This is likely a once in a generation shot for CS and it would be cool to see it come through for a title.
It also makes it easier, in this case, since Glenville earned a title already. If not for CS, I might have rooted for Glenville again.

I certainly don’t think CS is a push-over. They have had an amazing run! Unfortunately, based on what I saw vs. Buchtel, I don’t think CS will have the athletic depth to survive this one.
Is this essentially the same canton south team that lost last year by 2 tds to Jefferson? Understand they are a year older but this might a rough game

And Glenville has lost to every good team they've played and still hasn't faced a QB as good as Snyder.. so It kinda works both ways. Glenville is definitely the favorite and a better team, but i wouldn't write CS out just yet.
I’m writing them off to the tune of 52-20… Great season but saying Glenville has lost to all good teams is laughable. They lost to the best of the best only this year and challenged themselves to an elite schedule.

Playing D5 schools most of the season as Canton South has will not help them this week. Glenville schedule prepares them for this moment.. Saying they haven’t faced a QB like Snyder is questionable. They played IMG travel team that has like 50 D1 commits including the 2024 QB

I’m writing them off to the tune of 52-20… Great season but saying Glenville has lost to all good teams is laughable. They lost to the best of the best only this year and challenged themselves to an elite schedule.

Playing D5 schools most of the season as Canton South has will not help them this week. Glenville schedule prepares them for this moment.. Saying they haven’t faced a QB like Snyder is questionable. They played IMG travel team that has like 50 D1 commits including the 2024 QB
Poochie is better than IMG's Qb💪

Give Poochie 49 d1 commits and do you think his numbers go up or down?

Do

Down because he wouldn’t be relied on as much. Especially if he had 3 D1 RBs in his backfield

Look he is 1 of the best to do it no doubt…
Could. Depending on the coach. Definitely in high school it’s easier to run to ball so you ride your RB’s. But if you’re a coach who’s got a spread philosophy, his numbers go way up bc you utilize your number 1 asset and that’s a good qb. It’s a luxury most high schools don’t have. And you’re going against high school defensive backfields who are almost defenseless against it. 99% of high schools have dbs that couldn’t cover or react to any sort capable air attack.

I promised myself I wouldn’t discuss the topic when I returned to this forum but it is difficult. My intent is not ridicule Glenville as much as seeing this from the perspective of a team like South who is fielding a team that is nothing short of a miracle for a small school and those kid’s hardships are somewhat ignored. None of them are living in Glenmoor. . We’ll see how it goes . I hope they can pull it off. I remember crying a little when a little country school from Beloit pulled off an unlikely title. The teenage kids in the stands looked at me with amazement because of my emotion, they had no idea how rare it was at the time.
Hopefully South can pull off the upset and make it more special. The last time Minerva was in the playoffs we lost a shootout to Dover but a loaded Mooney team would have been the next game. They one of all that year.

At the next OHSAA members meeting, persuade enough ADs to vote on allowing schools to play up a division or two. Glenville would love to compete in a higher division. The problem for you is that if they win, and I believe that they can, you'll have to find something else to cry about.

Until then, get bent, loser!
sorry truth hurts lol

Ginn Academy had been around since 2006, I believe. Glenville was D1 in football back then. So that means that your argument is nonsense. But then, you're a Glenville-hater, so I understand. Nonsense is all you know
because he knows the truth lol, and so do you.

because he knows the truth lol, and so do you.
Someone posted an article from the Sandusky paper where the OHSAA rep stated Glenville was by the book with them right now. I was skeptical too, but I'm going to take them at their word if they are willing to say it publicly.

If that's not good enough, send an e-mail to Tim Stried their communications guy and ask him point blank, see if they respond, I'm not sure they will, but it's worth a try. It's better than nothing.

Someone posted an article from the Sandusky paper where the OHSAA rep stated Glenville was by the book with them right now. I was skeptical too, but I'm going to take them at their word if they are willing to say it publicly.
If that's the same article that was posted earlier, it also quotes Ginn saying that three players were ruled ineligible.

I promised myself I wouldn’t discuss the topic when I returned to this forum but it is difficult. My intent is not ridicule Glenville as much as seeing this from the perspective of a team like South who is fielding a team that is nothing short of a miracle for a small school and those kid’s hardships are somewhat ignored. None of them are living in Glenmoor. . We’ll see how it goes . I hope they can pull it off. I remember crying a little when a little country school from Beloit pulled off an unlikely title. The teenage kids in the stands looked at me with amazement because of my emotion, they had no idea how rare it was at the time.
You pulled off that title much to my chagrin at The Big Red’s expense. Not sure WB folks understand that Big Red team was one of their best in the last 45 years. It was definitely the best Big Red team to not win a title. If WB hadn’t taken us out I’m sure we would have won another title. That QB was running around with ice in his veins. Not too many teams come back from 21 points early in the game in the semi finals. Most Big Red fans would tell you it was the most disappointing loss in last 40 years.

If that's the same article that was posted earlier, it also quotes Ginn saying that three players were ruled ineligible.
Correct and OHSAA official quoted in the article that they were all square. Which would have been post players being ruled ineligible. Back in the regular season they had multiple players out waiting on transfer paperwork, some similar to what DaOne Owens was waiting for IIRC

This game makes me think of the year Texas A&M with Manziel played Bama. Poochie is like Manziel but with a good head on his shoulders. CS has a chance if he can run around and frustrate the Glenville defense into making big mistakes. If he’s contained then they’re toast.

I havent seen a down of Canton South football but anybody still giving them no shot seems crazy to me. All year I didnt even think this matchup was possible because of how folks on here talked about their defense yet here we are...