Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Glenville by 1-8

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Glenville by 9-16

Votes: 39 27.9%
  • Glenville by 17+

Votes: 62 44.3%

• Total voters
What the hell are you talking about? Was there a cover up of the armed robbery that you’re referring to? I don’t know of the incident that you reference, but I damn sure know that a robbery of any kind is also a planned act, not a mistake, which is what I spoke to specifically. I see the whataboutism is your pivot move here, well played, but I don’t know why you felt it was necessary.
There was no coverup. Why is that hard for you to understand. None, zero, notta.

Im excited to see Mr. Synder in person and think itll be another close game like Perkins. Run the rock and DBs locate the ball. Lets ride and heres to a fully healthy game for both schools

You could change a couple of words here and there in this post and make the statement that armed robbery isn't a mistake either. You talk about the life long impact it will have but in at least one of the armed robberies that took place in the Glenville neighborhood a person lost their life.
I don’t know who this offends??? Arm Robberies and worst happen in the Glenville neighborhood everyday!!! But then you say why do parents send their kids to GA?? Without GA trust me…… Cleveland’s crime rate would be much higher!!! It’s a matter of life or death for mothers who love their sons!!! That’s why these conversations or so stupid!!! You guys think Football is the purpose for GA!! Not even 1/4 of the kids at GA are Athletes!!! And heck, Ginn loves Track and Field more than Football anyway!! He has 8 State Championships in track, and going for the three-pete!!!!!! Why don’t you guys cry about that!! Steubenville??? Oh, you know that’s a mute topic!! Glenville wins the Steubenville Track invitational every year!!! And the Steubenville kids act a fool and try to fight……every year!!! It’s embarrassing!!! Now today is Game Day!!! Talk Football!!!

It was a single incident. Any one involved was prosecuted, Not by local prosecutors but by the AG in Columbus and the judge from Cincinnati. Like anywhere else no single incident creates a “culture” or defines that place. There have been thousands of similar incidents all over the country before and after 2011. Are those places defined by that incident.
What don’t you understand about my statement? I’m saying that what happened was not a goddamn mistake, that is all. You are an example of what people outside of your football obsessed community see as being problematic. You’re trying to justify something that any other reasonable person would recognize as being indefensible. You’re right, there are thousands of crimes of a similar nature committed around the country, but how many have a large segment of the community come out in defense of it like Steubenville did? So, yes it is a stain on the reputation of that community, but let’s not act as though it’s unwarranted.

There was no coverup. Why is that hard for you to understand. None, zero, notta.
No coverup, huh? Nobody outside of that backwoods town of yours believes that, but if you say so. I’ll trust your word, it’d unbiased and seemingly as solid as a redwood.

Who cares???? Crimson, don’t even address this!!! What type of person sites something from ten years ago?? These kids on today’s teams were 4,5,6,7 and 8 years old!!! It’s stupid, malicious, and down right evil!!! Forget those things are behind you and press forward!

What don’t you understand about my statement? I’m saying that what happened was not a goddamn mistake, that is all. You are an example of what people outside of your football obsessed community see as being problematic. You’re trying to justify something that any other reasonable person would recognize as being indefensible. You’re right, there are thousands of crimes of a similar nature committed around the country, but how many have a large segment of the community come out in defense of it like Steubenville did? So, yes it is a stain on the reputation of that community, but let’s not act as though it’s unwarranted.
I didn’t say it was a mistake. Don’t confuse me with others. Who is justifying anything? Let me repeat myself and try to make you understand…..a single incident does not define a school or community nor does it indicate a culture. People went to jail, lost their jobs, teaching certificates etc. The guilty were prosecuted by by visiting prosecutors out of Columbus and adjudicated by a judge from Cincinnati. And you’ve lost your mind if you think the city of Steubenville or anyone else “came out in defense of those boys”. You can’t just make blind, untrue statements without facts. You are simply repeating the drivel of others. It’s over a dozen years ago. Let it go brother.

My son is a senior and a captain on the Canton South football team and he knows who and what they are up against tonight.....Hes compared it to Rocky vs the Big White Russian in Rocky 4....lol....These boys know it's a Longshot but when you talk to them about it they all say the same thing....(it's just another great team that everyone is saying we don't have a chance in hell to beat) They are pumped up and well prepared to leave everything on the field.....Good luck tonight South....And i hope my boy has the game of his life out there!!!! As to Ginn Academy and their recruiting ??? They are not the only school doing it....Hoban and Massillon for example are a few that I personally know kids on them teams that don't live NO WHERE near the schools. But there's nothing anyone can do about it...

Last edited:
Sexual assault isn't a mistake. Spilling a drink on new carpet is a mistake, what unfortunately happened in Steubenville was a series of horrible acts perpetrated by a group of young people that should've known right from incredibly wrong. It's also not a mistake that many adults were a part of the attempts to cover up, justify and excuse what happened. Fair or not, what happened there paints a picture of the overall cultural and over prioritization of football there. I don't like being generalized, so I won't do that to anyone else, but I won't agree that the assault that took place was a mistake, it absolutely was not. Does anyone ever the life long impact that the whole ordeal had on that young girl and her family?
Did I condone the acts of a couple young men? No but let me rephrase.. you should generalize a group over the horrible actions of a couple of bad seeds. I don’t agree with the cover up of things either but I doubt the whole population is cool with rape also.

Give Poochie 49 d1 commits and do you think his numbers go up or down?
I mean honestly I think it's down because of the level of competition that he's playing. The kid is a freaking baller but IMG's national travel team is literally playing damn near every top 25 program in the country that is a far cry from the Pac 7.

Time for score predictions. The last 2 playoff games the Fantastic 50 underestimated CS by an average of 32 points. This week it has CS as a 30 point underdog. If Glenville really has 4 starters out and if Bryce West is a little banged up and if Glenville really does have trouble with guys cramping in the 4th quarter, then I like this to be a 1 score game. I’m going to say 41-34 Glenville but tight down the stretch.

My son is a senior and a captain on the Canton South football team and he knows who and what they are up against tonight.....Hes compared it to Rocky vs the Big White Russian in Rocky 4....lol....These boys know it's a Longshot but when you talk to them about it they all say the same thing....(it's just another great team that everyone is saying we don't have a chance in hell to beat) They are pumped up and well prepared to leave everything on the field.....Good luck tonight South....And i hope my boy has the game of his life out there!!!! As to Ginn Academy and their recruiting ??? They are not the only school doing it....Hoban and Massillon for example are a few that I personally know kids on them teams that don't live NO WHERE near the schools. But there's nothing anyone can do about it...
You do realize you have a Massillon player on your team 😂😂

Massillon to Canton is 8 miles , not a big deal....But like Uhrichsville to Hoban ??
You do realize you have a Massillon player on your team 😂😂
My fault buddy , maybe you misread my post...I said they recruit players that live NO WHERE NEAR the schools.....Massillon is literally 7 miles from Canton South high school

In defense of what? What are you claiming they defended. And who is they? And where in the hell does a single crime “stain a community”

I mean honestly I think it's down because of the level of competition that he's playing. The kid is a freaking baller but IMG's national travel team is literally playing damn near every top 25 program in the country that is a far cry from the Pac 7.
I think the lack of offers for Poochie is his size. His actual size might be 5-10 150 soaking wet. Also, he might not attend camps as silly as that sounds as a potential reason but could be a sign of the times. Another sign of the times I think many lower rung FBS or even higher rung FCS schools might be more inclined to look into the portal for a QB than a kid like him from HS. Before the transfer portal maybe Poochie has a MAC or YSU offer? He has 1 lone FBS offer from Army. That tells me grades likely aren’t an issue because West Point has high academic standards. Committed to FCS Sacred Heart in Connecticut but hoping maybe an Akron, Kent, or at least maybe Youngstown State or Duquesne offers him late to see if he elects to be closer to home. Goodluck to him though! I’m pulling for him tonight as well as his future beyond tonight.

I’m strictly basing the college offer info on his 247sports bio. Others feel free to call out misinformation or any additional info I’m not aware of. I wish the kid well and he seems special!

Last edited: