Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Glenville by 1-8

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Glenville by 9-16

Votes: 39 27.9%
  • Glenville by 17+

Votes: 62 44.3%

• Total voters
High school sports is my neighborhood vs your neighborhood, my town vs your town, not who can recruit the best; that's college. If the players were organically coming out of the Glenville neighborhood nobody would say anything but they aren't.
This isn't the 70's anymore. These kids don't even act that way most of the time because they've played travel ball with kids from other schools longer than they played HS sports with their own classmates. Sure there are still some rivalries that are heated, but for the most part, it's not really that way anymore, especially in the burbs.

More players aren't organically coming out of a lot of neighborhoods anymore, in all sports. It's just what it is becoming.

How about Hoban -Avon in the D2 semis? I believe Glenville lost to both so obviously they would not be favored in D2 and probably would not be playing this weekend in D2. Add Massillon and Cin. Anderson. Also D3 has Chardon, Toledo Central Catholic, Celina and Bishop Waterson. I don't think Glenville would be favored to win D3 either so why does them being D4 an issue?
Glenville played most of the year without their QB. When at 100% Glenville could compete in D3 easily. D2 and D1 are a different animal. They could absolutely compete - not sure they could win it all however.

Yes it is. This isn't college with recruiting or pro free agency, they step on the field representing a town.

If you want a free for all take the school name off the teams and turn it into AAU.
Again, it's really weird to see someone whose school is well known for not having, exclusively "neighborhood kids" whining about this, but then again your hypocrisy is legendary.

Stacking teams and winning titles whether public or private teaches kids nothing of value whether you’re on the giving or receiving end of a beating . Nobody will ever convince me otherwise. Yeah I know , life isn’t fair . High school football should be.
I don't disagree. It should be talked about the playing field should be leveled, but it gets old on this thread. I guess when a school like WB wins like in 94 it makes it more special.
I am from Minerva, my kids have kids and none to go to Minerva, however, if they did and they played football, I would not blame them to open enroll or transfer to another school. I know that we lost kids to Carrollton, Malvern and Perry because of miserable football program. I know it's a different situation and the opposite end of the spectrum but I can see why kids go to Ginn Academy if there are in a bad situation. Ginn Academy is a much better situation for these kids. I also agree that the OHSAA needs to level the playing field somehow. Open enrollment was supposed to help but it actually made it worse.

Last edited:
Glenville played most of the year without their QB. When at 100% Glenville could compete in D3 easily. D2 and D1 are a different animal. They could absolutely compete - not sure they could win it all however.
I guess that's my point. they are probably where they need to be and maybe D3. I was looking at Glenville records over the years. Ted Ginn is a very good football coach and was well before the Ginn Academy. I have a feeling that he would have been successful if he took over a Federal Program in the mid 90s. He is a good football coach, good mentor and good motivator.

Actually, the schools are one of the main reason families pick SCS over other local options. Tied with several other schools for #1 in the state. The afformentioned Hudson is tied for 13th. Glenville somehow isn’t even on this list which is interesting. So the question is, are all these D1 kids leaving schools with much better academics to get a great education at Glenville/GA? Or is it just for football….. hummm.

https://www.cleveland.com/data/2022...-they-received-on-new-state-report-cards.html
I believe this is where you drop the mic and exit stage right!! 😅

Actually, the schools are one of the main reason families pick SCS over other local options. Tied with several other schools for #1 in the state. The afformentioned Hudson is tied for 13th. Glenville somehow isn’t even on this list which is interesting. So the question is, are all these D1 kids leaving schools with much better academics to get a great education at Glenville/GA? Or is it just for football….. hummm.

https://www.cleveland.com/data/2022...-they-received-on-new-state-report-cards.html
So OHSAA needs to institute a rule that any family that moves to a district and considered the success of the schools football team in their decision, that player should be ineligible for 2 years.

Why should i care bout glenville?I hope south wins.You want Gville to blow em out.We know your wishful storyline.
You shouldn’t care about Glenville, and you should hope that south wins!!! Because you have a free will and that’s your prerogative.

So if Canton South wins Friday will everyone retract their comments or just disappear? The game has not been played yet. Has anyone seen Canton Souths O-Line? There are not a bunch of little kids. If South can stay in this game early it will be a close game.

I have no rooting interest in either team, these are honest questions. Would appreciate just answers and not snarky responses:

1) where is “poochie” going to play college fb or if not committed, where is he being recruited to?

2) If the players from Ginn A. counted towards Glenville enrollment, what division would they be in?

3) I have taught in urban schools. If G.A. gives these kids better opportunities, there’s really nothing to complain about. No person or team is “owed” a state championship. 99% of us never get one and we are just fine in life.

4) If a student at Lebrons I Promise school played for Buchtel, would people complain about that? Or bc it’s Lebrons school it’s okay and in cleveland it isn’t?

5) All that said, I understand people think a loaded team should not be d4, but I don’t see the same vilifying of Marion local taking away all the other d7 kids chance at a title or Kirkland in d6. If we’re being honest, a true star on Glenville prob is embarrassed they’re d4. If you’re going to Ohio State, winning a d4 championship doesn’t carry as much luster. I’d argue most of them would prob prefer to play up. If they’re a true star, they’re going wherever anyways, but if they’re a fringe kid, playing d4 will hurt their chances of getting a power five offer.
I Promise only goes to 8th grade, but to your point Akron does have 2 High schools (STEM and AECHS) that work exactly like Ginn Academy when it comes athletic eligibility. Kids from all over the city attend these 2 schools and they are only eligible to play sports for their home Akron public high school. If they live outside of Akron they can play for the closest Akron public high school to their home address (this rule for students that reside outside of Akron may have changed recently).

Again, how many kids at GA play for Glenville???
Why do you think you deserve an answer? It’s eleven kids on offense and eleven kids on defense! All the kids play for Glenville. Glenville is playing Canton South tomorrow! No one cares about your commentary!!! And as said previously, you are not racist in my eyes because you have no control over anything. You’re just a talking head trying to annoy a train that cannot be stopped! Weakling!!!! With Biden in your name you have to be on the side of the Devil.

I Promise only goes to 8th grade, but to your point Akron does have 2 High schools (STEM and AECHS) that work exactly like Ginn Academy when it comes athletic eligibility. Kids from all over the city attend these 2 schools and they are only eligible to play sports for their home Akron public high school. If they live outside of Akron they can play for the closest Akron public high school to their home address (this rule for students that reside outside of Akron may have changed recently).
And the kids who attend STEM and AEC count in the OHSAA enrollment for their home schools, whether they play sports or not.

The rule says kids who attend schools like GA, STEM or AEC say they must play at their home school. So if you live outside of the district you play for your district of residence school.

So if Canton South wins Friday will everyone retract their comments or just disappear? The game has not been played yet. Has anyone seen Canton Souths O-Line? There are not a bunch of little kids. If South can stay in this game early it will be a close game.
Have you seen Glenvilles D Line ?

Why do you think you deserve an answer? It’s eleven kids on offense and eleven kids on defense! All the kids play for Glenville. Glenville is playing Canton South tomorrow! No one cares about your commentary!!! And as said previously, you are not racist in my eyes because you have no control over anything. You’re just a talking head trying to annoy a train that cannot be stopped! Weakling!!!! With Biden in your name you have to be on the side of the Devil.
Calm down. It’s a message board. lol.

Calm down. It’s a message board. lol.
It is, but you are malicious in your statements and commentary, you have an agenda!! You show up on every Glenville thread with your hate and then claim it’s all high school football. You know you hate what Ginn stand for, and the work that he does!! And the statements that you make on this site you would never make in-person in a mixed audience because you lack the courage and know what would happen!! Biden-gina!!