Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Glenville by 1-8

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Glenville by 9-16

Votes: 39 27.9%
  • Glenville by 17+

Votes: 62 44.3%

• Total voters
It is, but you are malicious in your statements and commentary, you have an agenda!! You show up on every Glenville thread with your hate and then claim it’s all high school football. You know you hate what Ginn stand for, and the work that he does!! And the statements that you make on this site you would never make in-person in a mixed audience because you lack the courage and know what would happen!! Biden-gina!!
I am not malicious In the least. I think GVille is outstanding. I think Coach does an outstanding job.

I just don’t want to hear about the issues literally created by the people there and no one else.
Literally every thread and you can look,
Within 4-5 comments someone is pulling the crutch out for why it’s ok for them to have 2 schools of kids choose from.

i am sure it's damn good. Just want to point out that South is a quality football team- I think Glenville will win- just saying south is not a bad team
I don't think anyone is discrediting how good CS is. In watching Glenville and Perkins last week, it was the speed and explosiveness of the Glenville Dline that gave them trouble sometimes. Glenville's overall team speed on defense is something that CS will have to get used to early on. It seemed that Perkins did and had some success later moving the ball on 50/50 balls and some man beater concepts.

If Glenville has players cramp like crazy again and CS doesn't, that will help CS as well.

Looking forward to this game for sure.

I am not malicious In the least. I think GVille is outstanding. I think Coach does an outstanding job.

I just don’t want to hear about the issues literally created by the people there and no one else.
Literally every thread and you can look,
Within 4-5 comments someone is pulling the crutch out for why it’s ok for them to have 2 schools of kids choose from.
No crutch, you can’t cry about the rules you created!!! OSHAA has never been a friend of Ginns or Glenville!!! The rules were put in place to be a hindrance to him when he started the school in 2007!! I call them the Ginn rules, but when he follows them to the T, everyone cries!!! He didn’t want sports at GA because that would have destroyed CMSD sports for real. He declined to have Ginn Academy as part of Glenville, again this year. Meaning that everyone that goes to GA plays for Glenville. That would have destroyed Collinwood because the whole Basketball team goes to GA and most of the Football Team and their best Track runners. All GA students!!! And we have many students that graduate with their Associates and High School diploma’s at the same time. Justin Hardee with the NY Jets and Veangelo Bentley DB Coach for the New England Patriots, both received AA degree with their High School diploma, just notables, to name two!! They both have Master Degrees (plural) as well!!

I don't think anyone is discrediting how good CS is. In watching Glenville and Perkins last week, it was the speed and explosiveness of the Glenville Dline that gave them trouble sometimes. Glenville's overall team speed on defense is something that CS will have to get used to early on. It seemed that Perkins did and had some success later moving the ball on 50/50 balls and some man beater concepts.

If Glenville has players cramp like crazy again and CS doesn't, that will help CS as well.

Looking forward to this game for sure.
This is probably the best assessment of the game youll get on this thread lol. CS kinda reminds me of Perkins offensively and then defensively we'll see. Ville CBs just gotta finish the play they were in position and just didnt make a play on the ball on a few of those 50/50 balls. But as long as CS oline isnt overwhelmed there will be opportunities. Really not seeing the West Jefferson comparisons or a 55-14 type game though

I'm pulling for Glenville. Hope they're able to come out victorious Friday night. Canton South is a very good team

He didn’t want sports at GA because that would have destroyed CMSD sports for real.
How so? If GA had sports, they would have to carve out a designated attendance zone for the school (most likely from Glenville and Collinwood). And then, any kid who wanted to play for GA would need to move into that zone. It wouldn't affect sports at any other CMSD school, as they still play for their school of residence. If a kid who lives in the Glenville zone attends John Hay, he plays for Glenville. Why would GA be different?

Meaning that everyone that goes to GA plays for Glenville. That would have destroyed Collinwood because the whole Basketball team goes to GA and most of the Football Team and their best Track runners. All GA students!!!
Uh, no. If the kids on the Collinwood basketball team attend GA, they play for Collinwood. Doesn't make any difference if GA offers sports or not. You play where you live, not where you learn.

How so? If GA had sports, they would have to carve out a designated attendance zone for the school (most likely from Glenville and Collinwood). And then, any kid who wanted to play for GA would need to move into that zone. It wouldn't affect sports at any other CMSD school, as they still play for their school of residence. If a kid who lives in the Glenville zone attends John Hay, he plays for Glenville. Why would GA be different?

Uh, no. If the kids on the Collinwood basketball team attend GA, they play for Collinwood. Doesn't make any difference if GA offers sports or not. You play where you live, not where you learn.
No if GA had sports, there would be no residency requirement! You go to GA you play for GA! Open enrollment, you live where ever you want to. Residency only applies when you attend a school with no sports like GA currently, hence, you play where you live!

If GA was part of Glenville everyone that goes to GA could only play for Glenville, like the School of Arts is now part of John Hay!! If you go to the Schools of Arts you can only play for John Hay period!!!

No if GA had sports, there would be no residency requirement! You go to GA you play for GA! Open enrollment, you live where ever you want to. Residency only applies when you attend a school with no sports like GA currently, hence, you play where you live!
GA has basketball correct???

Where I think the big so called loop hole is the fact Cleveland Public Schools always had a free choice system. If you lived in Cleveland you had your choice of high school. In the past you did not have to attend the closest school to your home. If that is still the case that would explain the 0 CB.

When Coach Slapnick was at Collinwood every fast girl in Cleveland went there to run track. The end result was multiple State Championships. Every fast boy went to run track and play football at Glenville. Basketball was really the only sport that had any resemblance of balance.

I'm not sure if that is the way it still is - I would need to look into it deeper. This way so long as you lived in Cleveland - you could play wherever you wanted.

Where I think the big so called loop hole is the fact Cleveland Public Schools always had a free choice system. If you lived in Cleveland you had your choice of high school. In the past you did not have to attend the closest school to your home. If that is still the case that would explain the 0 CB.

When Coach Slapnick was at Collinwood every fast girl in Cleveland went there to run track. The end result was multiple State Championships. Every fast boy went to run track and play football at Glenville. Basketball was really the only sport that had any resemblance of balance.

I'm not sure if that is the way it still is - I would need to look into it deeper. This way so long as you lived in Cleveland - you could play wherever you wanted.
In 2007 they brought in the Residency rule when Ginn Academy was formed, just for schools with no sports. Which included Stem, school of Arts, as well as Ginn Academy! Enough, let’s talk football! Ginn didn’t make the rules they were made in my opinion to attempt to hinder children from rushing to Glenville after the Troy Smith, little Ted, Pierre Woods successes!!!

I have not heard if Bryce West is playing this week - does anybody have an update ? I know he went out early in the Perkins game and the Tarblooders were able to plug in another player and win the game. Obviously Glenville is a much more dangerous team with him. I think Glenville wins easily with or without him.

The only way we are gonna find out the truth about glenville/ ginn academy is an ESPN 30 for 30 or Carl Monday and the I team start camping outside of addresses of the players. Until then hate the game not the player.

and big red doesn’t have a rape culture. That’s a horrible thing to say. No one likes being generalized over the mistakes of a couple kids.
Y’all need some new material

I have not heard if Bryce West is playing this week - does anybody have an update ? I know he went out early in the Perkins game and the Tarblooders were able to plug in another player and win the game. Obviously Glenville is a much more dangerous team with him. I think Glenville wins easily with or without him.
Don't know the status of West for this game, but his arm was in a sling on the sidelines of last week's game. I guess we will find out tomorrow night if he plays

Stayed off here all day hoping this thread would be quiet, or, at the least, be filled with Thanksgiving day practice pictures of each team.

For y’all that spent all day arguing on here, I’m sorry. Hit me up next year & I’ll invite you over. Hopefully our clan could help you find something to be thankful about instead of spending a great holiday on here arguing about absolutely nothing.

The only kids at GA that play for Glenville live in Glenville's district and count in their regular enrollment numbers.
This is not true at all. I can speak about one kid on the team in particular, who happens to be my brother's son. I won't get into specifics, but what you're saying is 100% false. I hope that Glenville wins and gets Steubenville in the final next week and smokes them by 50, a lot their posters on here are about as likeable as a root canal.

The only way we are gonna find out the truth about glenville/ ginn academy is an ESPN 30 for 30 or Carl Monday and the I team start camping outside of addresses of the players. Until then hate the game not the player.

and big red doesn’t have a rape culture. That’s a horrible thing to say. No one likes being generalized over the mistakes of a couple kids.
Y’all need some new material
Sexual assault isn't a mistake. Spilling a drink on new carpet is a mistake, what unfortunately happened in Steubenville was a series of horrible acts perpetrated by a group of young people that should've known right from incredibly wrong. It's also not a mistake that many adults were a part of the attempts to cover up, justify and excuse what happened. Fair or not, what happened there paints a picture of the overall cultural and over prioritization of football there. I don't like being generalized, so I won't do that to anyone else, but I won't agree that the assault that took place was a mistake, it absolutely was not. Does anyone ever the life long impact that the whole ordeal had on that young girl and her family?

Sexual assault isn't a mistake. Spilling a drink on new carpet is a mistake, what unfortunately happened in Steubenville was a series of horrible acts perpetrated by a group of young people that should've known right from incredibly wrong. It's also not a mistake that many adults were a part of the attempts to cover up, justify and excuse what happened. Fair or not, what happened there paints a picture of the overall cultural and over prioritization of football there. I don't like being generalized, so I won't do that to anyone else, but I won't agree that the assault that took place was a mistake, it absolutely was not. Does anyone ever the life long impact that the whole ordeal had on that young girl and her family?
You could change a couple of words here and there in this post and make the statement that armed robbery isn't a mistake either. You talk about the life long impact it will have but in at least one of the armed robberies that took place in the Glenville neighborhood a person lost their life.

You could change a couple of words here and there in this post and make the statement that armed robbery isn't a mistake either. You talk about the life long impact it will have but in at least one of the armed robberies that took place in the Glenville neighborhood a person lost their life.
A lot of sad stories. Hopefully football is a life changer for these boys tonight.

What the hell are you talking about? Was there a cover up of the armed robbery that you’re referring to? I don’t know of the incident that you reference, but I damn sure know that a robbery of any kind is also a planned act, not a mistake, which is what I spoke to specifically. I see the whataboutism is your pivot move here, well played, but I don’t know why you felt it was necessary.

It was a single incident. Any one involved was prosecuted, Not by local prosecutors but by the AG in Columbus and the judge from Cincinnati. Like anywhere else no single incident creates a “culture” or defines that place. There have been thousands of similar incidents all over the country before and after 2011. Are those places defined by that incident.

What the hell are you talking about? Was there a cover up of the armed robbery that you’re referring to? I don’t know of the incident that you reference, but I damn sure know that a robbery of any kind is also a planned act, not a mistake, which is what I spoke to specifically. I see the whataboutism is your pivot move here, well played, but I don’t know why you felt it was necessary.
There are those who appear to be Glenville backers who continue to bring up the incident in Steubenville but ignore the problems in their own back yard.