• Archbishop Alter by 1-7

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Archbishop Alter by 8-16

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Archbishop Alter by 17+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This debate has been going on since July. Is there a flaw in the system…..yes. Is it GA/Glenvilles fault……not really. Is GA/Glenville taking advantage of the OHSAA’s incompetence…….probably. I have come to terms that it is an OHSAA issue. If you read between the lines of some of the GA/Glenville faithful they always resort to “take it up with the OHSAA” which is correct. GA/Glenville will run D4 year in/out until the OHSAA takes another look at how they calculate CB.

Congrats to the Tarblooders on going back-to-back. Will be interesting to see how long this streak goes.

I don't understand the point of hating another school because it's successful.
There are schools who have football teams and football programs. Meaning the school revolves around football. Any school close to an Urban City or A urban city who has a program that has tradition of a winning program pulls the top athletes from the surrounding area both Catholic and Public schools.

You don’t even have to pull if your kid has D1 football potential a parent is going to transfer their kid to a winning program, Ohio Valley if you’re from St. C and your kid is D1 material In middle school they may end up at Wheeling Central or Park. Same for an athlete who is a star middle school player for Creek will end up at BR same for Alter same for Glenville and every other winning program in the U.S.

This debate has been going on since July. Is there a flaw in the system…..yes. Is it GA/Glenvilles fault……not really. Is GA/Glenville taking advantage of the OHSAA’s incompetence…….probably. I have come to terms that it is an OHSAA issue. If you read between the lines of some of the GA/Glenville faithful they always resort to “take it up with the OHSAA” which is correct. GA/Glenville will run D4 year in/out until the OHSAA takes another look at how they calculate CB.

Congrats to the Tarblooders on going back-to-back. Will be interesting to see how long this streak goes.
All teams in U.S who have power programs pull the best kids from a 25 mile radius Private and Public schools. Glenville has been around for many years and 22-23 was just their turn. Congrats to all the kids who competed in final four they will be back in 2024

All teams in U.S who have power programs pull the best kids from a 25 mile radius Private and Public schools. Glenville has been around for many years and 22-23 was just their turn. Congrats to all the kids who competed in final four they will be back in 2024
Yes they do. You mentioned in another post about kids transferring in the Ohio valley. The HUGE difference is the amount of people/kids within 25 miles of ANY Ohio valley school compared to the Cleveland Metropolitan area. This is not a bash on Glenville. Just trying to educate the uneducated.

There are schools who have football teams and football programs. Meaning the school revolves around football. Any school close to an Urban City or A urban city who has a program that has tradition of a winning program pulls the top athletes from the surrounding area both Catholic and Public schools.

You don’t even have to pull if your kid has D1 football potential a parent is going to transfer their kid to a winning program, Ohio Valley if you’re from St. C and your kid is D1 material In middle school they may end up at Wheeling Central or Park. Same for an athlete who is a star middle school player for Creek will end up at BR same for Alter same for Glenville and every other winning program in the U.S.

The whole point of my earlier post is to show how two completely different teams created a path to dominance. IMO, ML did it the right way. Completely in line with the spirit of the rules. Glenville on the other hand has went a totally different and opposite route. They use loopholes in the rules to bring in and groom players. They also use these holes to claim enrollment. Their coach plays both sides. He claims to saving lives and produce great young men. I believe him. He probably is doing just that. However he only does this to benefit him and his team. I’d like to see what’s happening to others in Glenville that don’t play football for him.
GA has 300 boys!!! Has nothing to do with Football. Every kid has an (ILP), individual Life Plan. Football is only big to you not to us!!! Right now we rest for 10 days and it’s on to Track!!!!! We (Coach Ginn) love track more than Football!!! All these activities are used as vehicles to teach life!! Sports give us access to the kids, and allow us to engage with them. Some of these kids are damn near homeless worrying about food and shelter, and you talking about football!!! I’m sorry, you are mad about who wins a football game!!! WE WIN LIVES!!!!!!! WE WIN LIVES!! F…. Football!! Coach Ginn, says football gets in the way!!! And you are a classic example, you can only see football!!!

I understand. Do you know how many kids regardless or their region, economic status or ethnicity have serious problems In their home drug abuse, broken homes, single parents in all regions. I love H.S ball because it requires disciple and a team effort. These kids don’t just walk on the field and win 2 chips it requires discipline and hard hard work.

He’s been coaching there many many many years if he was rigging the system he would have figured that out way before 22-23 season. You best believe OHSAA is up his rear end with a microscope. If he was doing something wrong they would stop it ASAP. 2. - It’s much bigger than HS he put 28 kids in pros and D1 programs for years. Everyone gets a taste of his success.
J
GA has 300 boys!!! Has nothing to do with Football. Every kid has an (ILP), individual Life Plan. Football is only big to you not to us!!! Right now we rest for 10 days and it’s on to Track!!!!! We (Coach Ginn) love track more than Football!!! All these activities are used as vehicles to teach life!! Sports give us access to the kids, and allow us to engage with them. Some of these kids are damn near homeless worrying about food and shelter, and you talking about football!!! I’m sorry, you are mad about who wins a football game!!! WE WIN LIVES!!!!!!! WE WIN LIVES!! F…. Football!! Coach Ginn, says football gets in the way!!! And you are a classic example, you can only see football!!!

The whole point of my earlier post is to show how two completely different teams created a path to dominance. IMO, ML did it the right way. Completely in line with the spirit of the rules. Glenville on the other hand has went a totally different and opposite route. They use loopholes in the rules to bring in and groom players. They also use these holes to claim enrollment. Their coach plays both sides. He claims to saving lives and produce great young men. I believe him. He probably is doing just that. However he only does this to benefit him and his team. I’d like to see what’s happening to others in Glenville that don’t play football for him.
Glenville did it the right way as well but most idiots like you failed to realize that. It all starts with your youth program Ginn Elite is one of the best youth football programs in the country and it's not even up for debate. I coach youth football right now and when I tell you these kids are playing national schedules from the time they are 6 years old is an understatement. So you do the math if you're playing some of the top teams in the country from Georgia, Florida,California, Texas just to name a few from 6-14 years old by the time you get to high school bro that 💩 become easy because you done seen the best of the best from a young age but it's sad because most will not do they research and find out.

You do realize that it's Akron. Half of the people there are in witness protection and the other half just don't know they are free to leave! :)
J/K
I get the jest there, but by chance are you from/in Youngstown? The irony of such a joke from a resident of the former Bomb City, USA is outstanding if you are.

Glenville did it the right way as well but most idiots like you failed to realize that. It all starts with your youth program Ginn Elite is one of the best youth football programs in the country and it's not even up for debate. I coach youth football right now and when I tell you these kids are playing national schedules from the time they are 6 years old is an understatement. So you do the math if you're playing some of the top teams in the country from Georgia, Florida,California, Texas just to name a few from 6-14 years old by the time you get to high school bro that 💩 become easy because you done seen the best of the best from a young age but it's sad because most will not do they research and find out.
This post is 100% true and accurate. My nephew QB'ed for Ginn Elite for the last 4 years. He's a freshman on Glenville now. The schedules that they played over the last few years was absurd. My brother spent an arm and a leg traveling to camps and tournaments across the country. I remember them going down to Louisville and getting hammered by the best youth team that I'd seen in years, the Louisville Chargers.

A lot of the people that make posts taking shots at Glenville, Giin, etc. are biased and bitter and woefully ignorant. Their opinions don't matter, doesn't change the outcomes and end results. Massillon and 'Ville both got it done and it's gonna drive some folks crazy.

No, boy, I don't. I'm just pointing out that there certainly appears to be a huge flaw in the way that OHSAA counts eligible students. How that affects any specific school is immaterial.
You've been on this site for over 20 years! Goddamn you're dedicated...Most marriages don't last half as long. That's impressive as hell for someone that claims to not give an F.

It's cool. Let the corny internet tough guys do their thing. Maybe their parents will finally be proud of them🤣
Their aunt and uncle are already proud. I bet they still wear their high school jerseys to the booster club meetings in the summer.