• Wayne in a Close one

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • St Edwards in a Close one

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • St Edwards by Greater then 10

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I have a question on tickets available through ticketmaster for this semifinal game. Most of the best seats in the lower level are unavailable and have been for some time. How is that possible? I had no idea there was such a demand for a semifinal game. The tickets available at Wayne are behind the basket and are not that good.

I have a question on tickets available through ticketmaster for this semifinal game. Most of the best seats in the lower level are unavailable and have been for some time. How is that possible? I had no idea there was such a demand for a semifinal game. The tickets available at Wayne are behind the basket and are not that good.

My guess is the schools were given those tickets to sell. Wayne was given certain sections to sell.

The prime seats, between the end lines in the center, are sold through all session passes early in the season. The participating schools are then allowed to purchase tickets at opposite ends of the court in the lower bowl. Probably what gets turned in by the schools will be available to the public.

Typically you would be able to get some tickets from scalpers, but I see this as a game were most all session purchasers will attend.

Going to be a great basketball game, I know Wayne is loaded with athletes and they will be getting after Eds. Hard for me to predict a winner, but knowing that Wayne beat Cleveland Central Catholic by 22 pts. makes me nervous as Central Catholic beat St. Eds.

Many think this is the state championship game (me included). Wayne is talented and I'm sure excited to get after the defending state champs. Ed's is a hard team to bet against. They have exceptional coaching for one and they always seem to peak at the right time. They have two players that can take over any game in Funderburke and Nichols and their guard play has gotten much better. They also have the experience of winning it all last year. being in big games and not being overwhelmed by the moment.

It's interesting these two schools meet up again at the highest level of competition. I'm pretty sure on the football thread, after the state final game, one (or more) of the Wayne supporters made the statement that they would be good in basketball and maybe we would meet up in the state finals. I guess this is as close as we are going to get to the basketball state finals, but I do think we are the best two teams left. Going to be a great basketball game!

Wish I could make this one but, need to be a work early Saturday. Will this game be on TW sports. This should be a shoot out. If Wayne is on ...Look out. Hoping to make the trip Saturday night.

It's interesting these two schools meet up again at the highest level of competition. I'm pretty sure on the football thread, after the state final game, one (or more) of the Wayne supporters made the statement that they would be good in basketball and maybe we would meet up in the state finals. I guess this is as close as we are going to get to the basketball state finals, but I do think we are the best two teams left. Going to be a great basketball game!

Don’t know about Wayne supporters, but I posted the following on the DI State Championship thread two days before the football title contest:

“It’s way too early to say this, but St. Edward and Wayne hoops teams might be talented enough to meet in this season’s Division I basketball finals. If so, we could have this fun all over again!”

Nailed it! Well, almost. There was no way I could know they would meet in the semi-finals.

Looking forward to a great game!

Wish I could make this one but, need to be a work early Saturday. Will this game be on TW sports. This should be a shoot out. If Wayne is on ...Look out. Hoping to make the trip Saturday night.

We will have it on WSWO and Streaming on the web. We have Android and IOS Apps also....

We try!! For more info go to daytonoldies.org

I still expect them to someday also restrict Radio/Audio and only use their "Preferred" Broadcasters vs. those of us that cover these teams all year.

Money, Money, Money.....

Up here in northeast Ohio, doesn't appear as if the D1 semifinals will be on Time Warner Cable Sports Channel, which right now has a high school wrestling rerun on the schedule.

TWC televised all 4 D1 regional final games. They are not doing the semi final games but will be doing all 4 state final games through STO.

I do not like the fact that all the fans of these teams from game 1 will be stuck watching the game behind the baskets while others get the prime seats. It should be the other way around but I guess $$$ talks.....

I've been thinking that the whole time too. Lakewood St Edward, no S

At least he called them Lakewood St. Edward instead of Cleveland St. Edward. We get Dayton Wayne all the time. It's a lot more frustrating than adding an extra 'S'.

At least he called them Lakewood St. Edward instead of Cleveland St. Edward. We get Dayton Wayne all the time. It's a lot more frustrating than adding an extra 'S'.

Who ever is commentating the Xavier / Arizona game just called them Lakewood St Edward of Bay Village... SMH

OH Hoops is a collaborative effort between a group of writers, experienced high school coaches, past college coaches, and AAU coaches to publish a list of the top high school players in Ohio. They have just released their All Ohio picks as shown below. Three players in tonight’s St. Edward/Wayne contest were chosen. Congratulations to Kipper Nichols, who was named Player of the Year.

ALL OHIO DIVISION I

2014-2015 Player of the Year – Kipper Nichols – Saint Edward

First Team
1. Esa Ahmad – Shaker Heights-Shaker Heights, OH
2. Devon Andrews – Lorain-Lorain, OH
3. Micha Potter – Mentor-Mentor, OH
4. Jarron Cumberland – Wilmington-Wilmington, OH
5. Kipper Nichols – Saint Edward – Lakewood, OH

Second Team
1. Ahmad Wagner – Huber Heights-Wayne, OH
2. Mitch Peterson – Walsh Jesuit – Stow, OH
3. Seth Towns – Northland – Columbus, OH
4. Matthew Moyer – Gahanna Lincoln – Gahanna, OH
5. Derek Funderburk – Saint Ed’s – Lakewood, OH

Nobody in the Wayne student section. They should be embarrassed. D4 schools bring a better fan base. St. Ed's fans are also small but they are vocal. Should be a good game. Too bad Wayne fans won't watch it.