• Hoban by 9-16

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Hoban by 17+

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Massillon. I am a Hoban grad. 2 great defenses slugging it out. Hoban made a lot of mistakes. The 2 biggest ones was on the first and last drives of the game. The 3rd and 1 inside Massillon's 20 and Boykin fumbled the center snap. Then the 3rd and 1 on the Massillon 10 and the center hiked it over Boykins head an he fell on it for an 8 yard loss.I guess you can blame coaching but the coach isn't hiking the ball.
If you would've told me Hoban would hold Massillon to 120 yards of offense, I would've said their win probability was 99.99%. Just goes to show that a few self-inflicted mistakes can cost you big time in a game like that. Has to be so frustrating for those kids that the mistakes came on such simple, basic fundamental aspects of the game. The 2 you mentioned were spot on, but the third was the simple dropped snap on the punt. The game might've finished 2-0 without it. That's one of the best defensive performances I've seen from Hoban, after getting a feel for playing against Owens on that first drive, they beat the Massillon offense up the rest of the night. You could see it in Owens' body language.

What a game. Congratulations to Massillon, a hard fought and earned accomplishment. I’m going to miss watching Pringle light it up, that guy can play. What a job by Coach Moore and the Tigers, definitely a fun team to watch this year.
Does he have many offers?

Congratulations to the Tigers and Tiger Nation/Tiger Town. I predicted that this was going to be your year. Owens and Pringle are difference makers, absolute game changers, which is why I felt that would take it this year. I wish that I could've been down there tonight, but duty calls and the citizens of Akron needed my mediocre service tonight. Again, congratulations! Enjoy this accomplishment, those boys worked for it and earned it, as did the coaches and everyone else that contributed to. Just do me a favor Tiger fans. Be easy on my brother down there at MFD, he's gonna have to hear the gloating from now until he retires. We're Akron boys to the core. Props to the champs!

Of course I have been saying this about Hoban's coach for awhile now and everybody keeps telling me I don't know what I'm talking about. Numerous penalties every game is poor coaching. Burning all your timeouts because you can't line up correctly . Pathetic.
Agreed. It’s very hard to make that many unforced errors. Average football IQ as a group.

On a side note, what was with the live stream announcer saying names incorrectly? "Milen Lewis" and "Tyler Hackenbranch" ????

Status
Not open for further replies.