• Hoban by 9-16

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Hoban by 17+

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to Massillon though. May your program, community, and fan support serve as an example for any aspiring team operating under the public school model to follow. I sure as heck envy what you have going on there.
Your envy didn’t stop in the 70s? The OHSAA can get bent with that presentation speech.

I just want to thank the Tigers and fans for another great season. As someone that struggles with severe suicidal depression among other things, these Tigers football games each week are one of very few things that I get to look forward to and keeps my spirits up for that much longer. Many will probably say that's pathetic, but is it really any different than some of the other crutches like alcohol or drugs that some people turn to? It's not as unhealthy, so there's that. There's just something about the energy that you feel and runs through you from the noise level of the crowds at events like football games and concerts that you can't find anywhere else except at things like sports. So thank you to all the Massillon football fans for continuing to show up in big numbers with that noise and energy that you do. It definitely boosts my mood every time and drives me to look forward to live through another week.

IMG_3064.jpeg

I woke up to go to the airport in Utah about 24 hours ago, spent the previous 72 hours in the hospital, haven’t eaten solid food since Sunday, feel like I played in the game—was #70 body surfing on me? I think so—but good lord almighty, it was worth every bit!

I know the players and coaches 10x my meager commitment as a fan year round, so…

From a not-as-old-as-the-hospital-stay makes him sound guy whose gray matter peaked around the time of Spielman and has been waiting a long time for a taste of what the really old-timers talk about…

CONGRATULATIONS CHAMPS! THANK YOU! 🐅💪🏼

Last edited:
If you would've told me Hoban would hold Massillon to 120 yards of offense, I would've said their win probability was 99.99%. Just goes to show that a few self-inflicted mistakes can cost you big time in a game like that. Has to be so frustrating for those kids that the mistakes came on such simple, basic fundamental aspects of the game. The 2 you mentioned were spot on, but the third was the simple dropped snap on the punt. The game might've finished 2-0 without it. That's one of the best defensive performances I've seen from Hoban, after getting a feel for playing against Owens on that first drive, they beat the Massillon offense up the rest of the night. You could see it in Owens' body language.
Hoban did what on offense tonight ? The Tiger D shut them out… ZERO points.
Sick of seeing your garbage posts doing everything but giving Massillon credit. Take that 3rd title loss in a row give us some tears. loser.

I woke up to go to the airport in Utah about 24 hours ago, spent the previous 72 hours in the hospital, haven’t eaten solid food since Sunday, feel like I played in the game—was #70 body surfing on me? I think so—but good lord almighty, it was worth every bit!

I know the players and coaches 10x my meager commitment as a fan year round, so…

From a not-as-old-as-the-hospital-stay makes him sound guy whose gray matter peaked around the time of Spielman and has been waiting a long time for a taste of what the really old-timers talk about…

CONGRATULATIONS CHAMPS! 🐅💪🏼
#70 was by far and away the dirtiest player I saw this year. Just a punk.

If you would've told me Hoban would hold Massillon to 120 yards of offense, I would've said their win probability was 99.99%. Just goes to show that a few self-inflicted mistakes can cost you big time in a game like that. Has to be so frustrating for those kids that the mistakes came on such simple, basic fundamental aspects of the game. The 2 you mentioned were spot on, but the third was the simple dropped snap on the punt. The game might've finished 2-0 without it. That's one of the best defensive performances I've seen from Hoban, after getting a feel for playing against Owens on that first drive, they beat the Massillon offense up the rest of the night. You could see it in Owens' body language.
Massillon deserved to win. They played much cleaner. Just like there has been a trend in the OhioState, Michigan rivalry Michigan dominating in the trenches a trend has developed with Hoban these last 3 years with poor quarterback play and sloppy, penalty induced performances on too many occasions. Tyrell said in an interview before the game win or lose after the last game of every season he evaluates the entire program and makes changes. Let's see what he comes up with.

Massillon deserved to win. They played much cleaner. Just like there has been a trend in the OhioState, Michigan rivalry Michigan dominating in the trenches a trend has developed with Hoban these last 3 years with poor quarterback play and sloppy, penalty induced performances on too many occasions. Tyrell said in an interview before the game win or lose after the last game of every season he evaluates the entire program and makes changes. Let's see what he comes up with.
The Tiger D sure didn’t have anything to do with that 🙄they had a lot to do with it. Hoban's 2 big unforced errors occurred during the 1st and last drives of the game The 3rd and 1 on Massillon 's 19 yard line and Hoban's quarterback fumbled the snap. The other big back breaker was right before the dropped pass in the end zone when Hoban had a 3rd and 1 on Massillon 's 10 yard line and the center hiked it over the quarterback 's head and he had to go back and fall on it losing 7 yards. These botches occurred numerous times during the season but it only caught up to Hoban against Ed's and Massillon. The other teams on Hoban's schedule weren't good enough to make them pay. That is why I predicted Massillon to win because I thought they were the better, more disciplined team.

Whew what a party! Just got home.

Btw just between us, and don’t tell anyone, but I saw Coach Hackenbracht smile. Lol. State Champs!!!

Coach Hackenbracht doesn't smile? Seems pretty social towards me on social media & I'm not even a Massillon fan.

Very happy for y'all!

People are saying they feel bad for Hobans defense which is fine but it wouldve been a real travesty if they won that game last night. They did everything you NOT supposed to do in a championship game dawg. Congrats to Massillon though Im still tryna comprehend what I saw from #3 last night. That was basically Ray Lewis out there 🤣

They won the game and scored 7 points
The “beat up” team scored 7 points.

I always love hearing your excuses when Ed’s beats Hoban. Now you can’t admit Massillon was more physical on both sides of the ball.

BTW, Shawn Crable has been pretty quiet on Twitter/X. Showing off a basketball ring is one thing, but now he’s going to get trolled big time with a football 💍.

Status
Not open for further replies.