• Hoban by 9-16

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Hoban by 17+

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worm, very good summary. Thank you. You're always thorough, and you're always fair.

It's always been a privilege to be close to and embedded within the Tigers program. But this year is some kind of special. They are not crossing their fingers and hoping. Not these guys.

Health and good luck to both teams.

Worm, very good summary. Thank you. You're always thorough, and you're always fair.

It's always been a privilege to be close to and embedded within the Tigers program. But this year is some kind of special. They are not crossing their fingers and hoping. Not these guys.

Massillon is a lock to win.

Tig 🐅
Let’s get it ! Let’s get it ! Let’s get it !
1701343469521.gif

Thank God the game is tonight because the mental gymnastics are starting to get crazy. This game means more to Hoban than Massillon? Ok I guess lmao. Still tho, Tigers 21-13

I disagree with you on this, and I will explain why:

I believe that Hoban has a "Big Brother" complex when it comes to Massillon, and believes that they are the better team/program, and does not want to lose to Massillon, EVER.
True, but doesn't matter who they play.
I also believe that Hoban does not want to lose to a public school, any public school, ESPECIALLY Massillon.
Not True. Doesn't care if public or private. Doesn't want to lose period.
I also believe that Hoban views Massillon as a threat to attracting talent, since they are kind of close in proximity.
Attract? You mean recruit? Not true. Massillon has no effect on Hoban enrollment.
I DEFINITELY believe that they do not want to be the team that Massillon beats for their first playoff state championship.
Again not true, Hoban doesn't want to lose to anyone regardless of who they are playing.

Hoban has been there and won many times so this is a business trip and expects to be in this game. Good luck to the Knights and Tigers and may the better team prevail.

Umm. No. Welcome you to spend a few days in Massillon and see how in the community football is a way of life. Walk a mile from the Hoban campus and find one person there knows a player on their roster.
I’m not entirely sure about your Hoban claim, but I do agree with you wholeheartedly about Massillon. I’ve spent plenty of time there, and that is one thing I do admire about the town. Very few areas support their team the way Massillon does.

Tonight is a date with destiny for our Tigers...Can't wait for this intense atmosphere inside Benson, gives me goosebumps to think about hearing that crowd erupt when the Tigers take the field tonight. We need to settle in early and have success and that momentum will become an absolute frenzy. Tonight is gonna be epic and there's no other way to experience this, but live, for those that can't for whatever reason I feel for you. Tonight the '23 Tigers will have the opportunity to carve their name in Massillon Tiger football history and that takes into account an awful lot of storied history.

I appreciate that! High school football is a lot more interesting when the Tigers on top of their game. I greatly admire their success because being from a city that's similar in size, there's no excuse why success can't find my alma mater either. The thing is that there's steps that every community can take to enhance the mentality & development of their youth. When that doesn't happen, folks love to point the finger to "coaching" instead of looking themselves in the mirror and figuring out what role that they can/have played in the state of their youth. We don't think about it while we're at games, but everything starts at home.

The entire city of Massillon understood that assignment and now, their young men are incredibly difficult to knock off. Wishing them all the best tonight!

You walk a mile from the Hoban campus you’re likely to get shot.
I think you’d be surprised about how the community around Hoban supports and even some kids from the Arlington area sends their children to Hoban. At the end of the day it’s still an Akron area team with a lot of Akron kids on the team. Support isn’t an issue add in the fact the alumni in the greater Akron area as well. Some of the Akron Garfield- Hoban game were the most attended games in the early 2000s. Great games as well.
With that being said, good luck and maybe Massillon can help bring a championship to Stark county and Canton again.

Anyone know when the gates open tonight? Can’t seem to find it.

Good question....there should be plenty of seating on the home side (the much larger side) for Massillon fans I'd imagine, but they better get there early for the best seats (between the 40's on the home side).

Obviously the "away" side is much, much smaller (plus the stage apparatus in the middle).

Status
Not open for further replies.