• Hoban by 9-16

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Hoban by 17+

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoban couldn’t care less who the opponent is, they just want to win. Not everyone “gets up” for Massillon like you think.
I disagree with you on this, and I will explain why:

I believe that Hoban has a "Big Brother" complex when it comes to Massillon, and believes that they are the better team/program, and does not want to lose to Massillon, EVER.

I also believe that Hoban does not want to lose to a public school, any public school, ESPECIALLY Massillon.

I also believe that Hoban views Massillon as a threat to attracting talent, since they are kind of close in proximity.

I DEFINITELY believe that they do not want to be the team that Massillon beats for their first playoff state championship.

Well tomorrow night about this time Yappi will either A. Be a troll breeding ground throwing pitchforks at Massillon
Which is a mentality that is impossible to reconcile with maturity. There is no other reason engage in that behavior other than reveling in being a dick.

I believe that Hoban has a "Big Brother" complex when it comes to Massillon, and believes that they are the better team/program, and does not want to lose to Massillon, EVER.

I also believe that Hoban does not want to lose to a public school, any public school, ESPECIALLY Massillon.

I also believe that Hoban views Massillon as a threat to attracting talent, since they are kind of close in proximity.

I DEFINITELY believe that they do not want to be the team that Massillon beats for their first playoff state championship.
Yeah, he's kinda talking out of his backside on this one.

More than a few people flying in from around the country for a high school football game on a week night. Don't tell me Massillon is not special. GO TIGERS !!
Maybe they could add this accomplishment/feat/uniqueness to massillontigers.com as "the only team in the country ever (debatable) to have multiple (i.e. more than one) fans travel back to their homeland to watch a state championship game". Right under "largest video screen" for HS football.

Maybe they could add this accomplishment/feat/uniqueness to massillontigers.com as "the only team in the country ever (debatable) to have multiple (i.e. more than one) fans travel back to their homeland to watch a state championship game". Right under "largest video screen" for HS football.
Stop being an envious dick.

While I completely understand your rationalization, I respectfully disagree.

My prediction….

Last year for Benson to host playoffs even though a contract has been signed…

GOAL POSTS ARE COMING DOWN!!
Well when Mogadore won their championship games, at the old Rubber Bowl, Massillon and Canton, the goalposts came down, but back at the high school stadium. Doubt they did that for their first 1954 state championship game vs Lorain St. Mary.

While I completely understand your rationalization, I respectfully disagree.
In some ways, this game is more important to Hoban than to Massillon. Hoban loses this one, that will be three losses in three years to three different programs (two of them public). Their air of invincibility will all but disappear, some of the kids who came to Hoban expecting rings will start to grumble, internal dissent will set in, and many future aspirants will look to other schools. And all of that will be redoubled because they lost to the "Paper Tigers", adding shame and ridicule to their failure.

Don't choke.

I’m going to have to disagree hard with this comment. Massillon and Hoban are mirror images of each other with the recruiting, weight room, facilities (excluding the indoor, but Hoban still could get one). Anyone can coach the best players in the area. I’m not saying they aren’t good coaches, but they are not working with completely raw materials on the sideline.

As much as I dislike Winkler’s game day antics, I don’t think there is a better HS strength coach in the area.
Umm. No. Welcome you to spend a few days in Massillon and see how in the community football is a way of life. Walk a mile from the Hoban campus and find one person there knows a player on their roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.