DII R5 Round 3 Austintown Fitch (7-0) vs Warren Harding (5-3). The rematch!

surprise surprise surprise [showing my age there]. i know many folks did have WGH but i was not one of them. The Raiders had TWO players back for the half back pass attempt and were all over the fake punt. They also finally had the fullback block the edge rusher in the 2nd half after watching sacks all season long.
AF was a legit 2nd seed in the region so at the risk of proving Worm right [again] I do think this was an upset

This Fitch team didn't "WOW!" you with talent like some of their teams from the 2010's, but I think they were tough, well coached, and back in week 4, more prepared for Harding than the other way around. Given their recent history, I think it's more fair to call Fitch's win in week 4 the actual "upset" than it is Harding's win tonight. The Raiders had this potential all year and again, regardless of how they finish, there's still going to be such a big "What if?" factor that very few outside of Warren will be able to comprehend. Trust me... If Warren had all of its ducks in a row, Harding might be undefeated right now, but the world will never know. The dirt always comes out in the wash though.

I've been said that from start to finish, this season could've been special. We'll see what happens moving forward.

Hudson runs a hurry-up offense with a dual-threat QB and a good OL. They have a pair of solid RB's and WR's that can make big plays vertically off of play-action. The defense is small and not great. Hudson has good kickers. They are really nothing like the team Harding played a few years ago. I saw that team and I saw Harding that year and I always thought Hudson was the more complete team. I would actually give Harding the edge in this game if they don't let Hudson's pace on offense throw them off too much.

The game vs Riverside was weird. Hudson had 3 turnovers in the first half and somehow had 3 drives in the first half that started inside of their own 1. The QB got knocked out of the game twice and there was a lightning delay. Then the game finished in OT. Just a really odd game.

I assume the game will be played in Hudson. There are some really good restaurants at First & Main.

Box score and Warren G. Harding highlights...

Worm.

This may have been mentioned somewhere but if so I missed it. Is Brysen Powell related to former Harding WR Tom Powell? IIRC he wears the same number as Tom. As least I think Tom wore 26.

Anyway congratulations to the Raiders, they really took control of the LOS in that 2nd half. Good luck the rest of the way.

Worm.

This may have been mentioned somewhere but if so I missed it. Is Brysen Powell related to former Harding WR Tom Powell? IIRC he wears the same number as Tom. As least I think Tom wore 26.

Anyway congratulations to the Raiders, they really took control of the LOS in that 2nd half. Good luck the rest of the way.

Yes Brysen's father is Hank Powell, who is Tom's older brother. Hank graduated from Warren Western Reserve.

Brysen is also the baby brother of Chris Rucker.

This Fitch team didn't "WOW!" you with talent like some of their teams from the 2010's, but I think they were tough, well coached, and back in week 4, more prepared for Harding than the other way around. Given their recent history, I think it's more fair to call Fitch's win in week 4 the actual "upset" than it is Harding's win tonight. The Raiders had this potential all year and again, regardless of how they finish, there's still going to be such a big "What if?" factor that very few outside of Warren will be able to comprehend. Trust me... If Warren had all of its ducks in a row, Harding might be undefeated right now, but the world will never know. The dirt always comes out in the wash though.

I've been said that from start to finish, this season could've been special. We'll see what happens moving forward.
i agree the team underperformed the first 4 games. kind of got bailed out by the playoff format this year which gave them a chance to regroup

Worm,

This season isn't over yet. It's just beginning for Harding. I agree with you that Fitch beating Harding was an upset. I really thought we got a little lucky in that game. Harding didn't make the mistakes they made in that game. Next year, Fitch will be really good. The younger Moore got hurt against Benedictine, and that hurt the line. There are a lot of sophomores starting for Fitch, those guys will be really tough next year. Harding can definitely win it all this year. I know that sounds crazy to some, but looking at who they have to play, they can beat them all. Harding has to figure out what to do with the QB. That kid is a great athlete, but they don't give him a lot of opportunities to shine. The o-line is tough, and I think the teams that beat Harding early in the season are going to be shocked when they play them now. I would really like to see a Harding win. If they go out and take it to Hudson, that game against Hoban is going to be really interesting.

Wow! Guess the smoked cleared. Harding out coached the Falcons? Hmmm. Did Fitch really fake a punt on its own 30 early in the 3rd? Interesting? Maybe next year you get a chance to face the Knights!? I was sooo looking forward to it!
F you and the knights

Worm,

This season isn't over yet. It's just beginning for Harding. I agree with you that Fitch beating Harding was an upset. I really thought we got a little lucky in that game. Harding didn't make the mistakes they made in that game. Next year, Fitch will be really good. The younger Moore got hurt against Benedictine, and that hurt the line. There are a lot of sophomores starting for Fitch, those guys will be really tough next year. Harding can definitely win it all this year. I know that sounds crazy to some, but looking at who they have to play, they can beat them all. Harding has to figure out what to do with the QB. That kid is a great athlete, but they don't give him a lot of opportunities to shine. The o-line is tough, and I think the teams that beat Harding early in the season are going to be shocked when they play them now. I would really like to see a Harding win. If they go out and take it to Hudson, that game against Hoban is going to be really interesting.
Harding is not going to get past Hudson. Fitch played its absolute worst game of the year last night and beats Harding seven out of ten times this year. Coach Parker tried to get too cute last night and it cost them. They destroyed Benedictine and lay an egg against Harding. Disappointing to say the least. Hudson will take care of Harding next week.

Worm,

Harding has been without their best athlete all year. Long story, but you should remember him making a nice one-handed catch at midfield against Fitch last year. He’s Omar Provitt’s nephew. Just a junior. Should get a nice glimpse of him in basketball season.

Would’ve been a HUGE difference on the field this year, but the Raiders have grown Every week.

Harding is not going to get past Hudson. Fitch played its absolute worst game of the year last night and beats Harding seven out of ten times this year. Coach Parker tried to get too cute last night and it cost them. They destroyed Benedictine and lay an egg against Harding. Disappointing to say the least. Hudson will take care of Harding next week.

Fitch was lucky to win in week 4 and you think they’d take 7/10? OK ?

The Falcons are definitely headed in the right direction. Great season.

Harding has been without their best athlete all year. Long story, but you should remember him making a nice one-handed catch at midfield against Fitch last year. He’s Omar Provitt’s nephew. Just a junior. Should get a nice glimpse of him in basketball season.

Would’ve been a HUGE difference on the field this year, but the Raiders have grown Every week.
Yeah I remember that kid. He's the reason we lost last year. What happened?

Fitch was lucky to win in week 4 and you think they’d take 7/10? OK ?

The Falcons are definitely headed in the right direction. Great season.
Yeah I definitely think that. Evidently you don’t. Harding program is not ALL THAT and the rest of Warren realizes this. I hope Hudson sparks them next week.

I admire how much you share/ and don’t share at the same time worm.

It’s a gift. ??‍♂️ In Warren though, some are “triggered” more by subliminal posts than actual face-to-face conversations. Those with a guilty conscience tend to play the “victim” role around here.

However, this information sheds light on the frustrations somewhat shared in this thread. It may seem like I’m all over the place, but look at last night’s result. Some are now saying that Harding could compete for state. I been knew we could, but issues beyond football will make that task a lot harder than it has to be.

Harding has enough talent roaming their halls to compete with anybody. Sadly, certain egos won’t allow it.

With the way things are going, Harding will never truly reach their full potential this year, which has nothing to do with the ones who are out there giving their all. This season should’ve been special. Instead, a victory over Fitch, who we’ve beaten in four out of the last five years, would be considered “an upset.” SMH.

Great point.

That is a shame. Too bad kids cannot enter a program with positive guidance. Probably true at many schools and in many situations. How can this be fixed?

A lot of pee wee football heroes out there that cannot take to coaching. Lots of adults making excuses for poor parenting. I bet kids that have trouble being coached also are having problems in the classroom and at home.

This is a terrible situation.

I have a good idea, what he is talking about, but I understand why he does not publically get into details
Think a lot of schools suffer from this problem. Struthers had a kid that could have played quarterback this season but!!!! Same issue.

It’s a gift. ??‍♂️ In Warren though, some are “triggered” more by subliminal posts than actual face-to-face conversations. Those with a guilty conscience tend to play the “victim” role around here.

However, this information sheds light on the frustrations somewhat shared in this thread. It may seem like I’m all over the place, but look at last night’s result. Some are now saying that Harding could compete for state. I been knew we could, but issues beyond football will make that task a lot harder than it has to be.
More bs. They aren’t competitive for state. You have all this he said she said and this and that are going on. I don’t buy any of that. Fitch wasn’t going to state either before you start. Massillon, Hoban or a team from shitsanatti are going to win D2. Keep all the conspiracy theories going though some on here might buy them.