DII R5 Round 3 Austintown Fitch (7-0) vs Warren Harding (5-3). The rematch!

My official game preview is now available for view at the following link.

It includes an 11-minute “hype video” with 30 years worth of Harding plays in the rivalry.

Nice work! I'm sure the Fitch people will appreciate all those highlights though. Lol

Well it is official. WKBN game of the week. Live at 7:00, Friday night. Got to put up with the in-laws all week on this one again. Lol
This is great news. My attempts to secure tickets for this one have fallen short thus far. In game 1 Fitch did all the little things to win the game. The big one was scoring on special teams. Harding must player a cleaner brand of football to turn the tide on this one. Can't wait for Friday!

This is great news. My attempts to secure tickets for this one have fallen short thus far. In game 1 Fitch did all the little things to win the game. The big one was scoring on special teams. Harding must player a cleaner brand of football to turn the tide on this one. Can't wait for Friday!

“All the little things?” Ego has made Harding’s season much harder than its had to be. Should be no worse than 7-1 right now.

“All the little things?” Ego has made Harding’s season much harder than its had to be. Should be no worse than 7-1 right now.
Besides Fitch obviously, I'm curious as to who else you think they should have beaten?

Besides Fitch obviously, I'm curious as to who else you think they should have beaten?

Wasn’t taking a shot at Fitch as I have nothing but respect for the way they build their youth up over there. I usually go there several times a year due to track & field and I love the way they handle their kids over there. Between my work with highlight films and being a distinctively loud fan, they know me very well over there. Billy Price, Darrin Hall Jr. & his Fiancé Eboni Davis (was a monster in track), etc. are all very familiar with me.

As a whole, Warren doesn’t build our youth up like we used to. We’re our own worst enemy because if we weren’t, there’d be others out there doing big things. Think to last year’s Harding-Fitch game... Everybody should remember hearing a name from Harding that they didn’t this year. There’s a reason for that.

I haven’t missed a single WGH football game in 23 years and win or lose, I’ll support our kids regardless of the outcomes on the field. Again, these results would be even better if certain adults weren’t egotistical pricks. Out of respect for certain individuals, I won’t throw them all the way under the bus publicly, but everybody around here knows how I feel. It’s truly sad. SMH.

Wasn’t taking a shot at Fitch as I have nothing but respect for the way they build their youth up over there. I usually go there several times a year due to track & field and I love the way they handle their kids over there. Between my work with highlight films and being a distinctively loud fan, they know me very well over there. Billy Price, Darrin Hall Jr. & his Fiancé Eboni Davis (was a monster in track), etc. are all very familiar with me.

As a whole, Warren doesn’t build our youth up like we used to. We’re our own worst enemy because if we weren’t, there’d be others out there doing big things. Think to last year’s Harding-Fitch game... Everybody should remember hearing a name from Harding that they didn’t this year. There’s a reason for that.

I haven’t missed a single WGH football game in 23 years and win or lose, I’ll support our kids regardless of the outcomes on the field. Again, these results would be even better if certain adults weren’t egotistical pricks. Out of respect for certain individuals, I won’t throw them all the way under the bus publicly, but everybody around here knows how I feel. It’s truly sad. SMH.
No shot taken,I don't think either team played their best that night for whatever reasons. I totally get your point, as I myself have been around the block a time or two. Very sad and unfortunate that the adults have to ruin things for the kids. Expect another great one Friday, hopefully I'll be in the stadium! Good luck to you and the Raider family.

Should be a great game! Of course pulling for a Falcons win, a safe and healthy game for players from both sides, and continued success in the 2020 playoffs for whichever team wins!!

Go Fitch!

No shot taken,I don't think either team played their best that night for whatever reasons. I totally get your point, as I myself have been around the block a time or two. Very sad and unfortunate that the adults have to ruin things for the kids. Expect another great one Friday, hopefully I'll be in the stadium! Good luck to you and the Raider family.

Nobody will ever understand how distraught I am about what’s going on here. It’s sickening. Kudos to the kids that we have out there playing their hearts out though.

Fitch is undefeated with some quality wins and playing at home. I know the last game could have gone either way but difficult to pick against the Falcons in this one.

why thank you Scipio. I frequently peruse the threads but rarely have much worth saying

That never stopped Scipio! :)

That's usually the case when two teams are this evenly matched. A big special teams play, a turnover, etc.

Good luck to both teams.

I was impressed with how Harding played Fitch the first time around. If they can hold the trenches then I think they can win. (maybe even
hold IN the trenches ;-)
Regarding Hoban...I don't think either team can match up with them either...but I'll be rooting for Fitch all the way if they win.

BIG GAME !!!
Fitch has been a pleasant surprise to people this year and this team can play. Harding is Good, much better than they showed against Massillon IMO. Very even game. Two good teams. Both have speed (although I think Fitch is a little faster overall). Harding May be a little bigger/stronger. Decent to good offensive lines for both. Good Defensive lines for both. Linebackers are FAST for both. Receivers VERY GOOD for both. Quarterback very good for both. Running backs very good for both. May come down to which defensive backfield plays better.
im rambling no doubt but I’m really hyped for this rematch. The Winner will have earned it no matter which team wins.

I sure hope the weather forecast changes by tomorrow night. If not, this game might boil down to who better, can handle the heavy rains, and thunderstorm delays. If we do get it, I hope it comes after 10:00

:)

I hope the winner of this game wins the region. I know that's a tall order, especially with Hoban in there, but I hope so.

Harding has enough talent roaming their halls to compete with anybody. Sadly, certain egos won’t allow it.

With the way things are going, Harding will never truly reach their full potential this year, which has nothing to do with the ones who are out there giving their all. This season should’ve been special. Instead, a victory over Fitch, who we’ve beaten in four out of the last five years, would be considered “an upset.” SMH.

This will be an interesting game. Neither team played particularly well the last time. I do think the Falcons are more balanced than Harding. Let's go Falcons!

Not the close game that's expected, one team will play above and beyond and wins easier than most are thinking. I just don't know which team ???

Fitch got really sloppy at the end there. Too many guys reaching for the Harding backs. We have to keep the quick passing game going. That was working well. When we started dropping back and trying to make things happen down field, it did not go well. Number 51 is killing us. Bring the tight end over and slow him up and then hit him as things clear out. But 51 is tough and putting one guy on him is not working. He's too fast for our tackles.

Why would you go against what was working on defense. When they brought the linebackers up, they got all kinds of pressure. Now they are laying off and losing the line of scrimmage.