Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Moeller by 1-8

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • Moeller by 9-16

Votes: 44 36.4%
  • Moeller by 17+

Votes: 16 13.2%

• Total voters
The okay calling looked horrible in the 2nd half for moeller. They got out matched in the second half but the other team and coach.
Moeller looked like 2 completely different teams tonight in 1st half v 2d half, even before Marshall went out in 4th qtr. Shade did a great job in Marshall's place. Springfield looked like the same team they've been in every playoff game.

Good question. I think it could have to do with familiarity of opponents and being in the same conference. I mean how the hell does Elder play St. Edward’s to a one point game losing on a FG in the last 10 seconds and last year up there on losing to them by only 3 17-14. It is hard to figure sometimes.
Turnovers and field position put the defenses in tough spots in all their losses, statistically the defense still played well in 4 of the 5 losses. Since the regular season loss to Centerville the offense has minimized the turnovers and the defense has carried this team to this 7 game winning streak. Question (and it's a tall order) can they do it one more time? I'm a pessimist, so I think not, but we'll give it a shot none the less.

GO CATS!!!!!!!

Also, why the hell did Springfield kick a PAT (which was missed) after they went up 13-12? What’s the benefit to being up 2 at that point? A FG puts you behind and at that point, Moe’s best odds of scoring were a FG, which they missed

Can anyone that was watching the stream confirm that 40 did not cross the goal line for moe?
It was hard to tell. His knee was clearly down about the one, but there wasn't a good angle to definitively show the ball broke the plane. That said, I do think the refs had a bad night in ball placement. The next two plays really showed how much Moe missed Marshall in the 4th.

Congrats to Springfield on a good game. That's three straight years where game could've gone either way and one score games. In the end Moeller made too many mistakes that lead to the scoring drive by penalties. For the most part Refs were ok but made some bad non calls. Hard to catch them all. No call P I's on Cats dbs was huge in the fourth quarter. As far as #40 Kyler Paul goal line TD, his knee was down at the one but on tv replay his body cleared the goal. Hard call for Refs in real time. I thought both defenses were great. Too bad Marshall got hurt in the 3rd qtr and Moeller's wrJavon Love was hurt vs West. Maybe these teams can schedule a regular season game. Stay classy Springfield.

Can anyone that was watching the stream confirm that 40 did not cross the goal line for moe?
it appeared on replay, but from a bad angle, that the ball was close when his knee touched the ground. Very close but the official was in position and appeared to have a clear view. Tough call.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what happened to Marshall was it a concussion? And prayers to the young man removed by squad at the end

Has #40 for Moe ever been a RB prior to last night?

I ask because it didn’t look like he even knew the play. Each time before he carried the ball, the qb would tap his own hip indicating which side he was going to turn and hand him the ball.

Kid was almost the hero. Ran like a bull 🐂. A couple big time tackles from Springfield’s defense.

Has #40 for Moe ever been a RB prior to last night?

I ask because it didn’t look like he even knew the play. Each time before he carried the ball, the qb would tap his own hip indicating which side he was going to turn and hand him the ball.

Kid was almost the hero. Ran like a bull 🐂. A couple big time tackles from Springfield’s defense.
#40 has filled in for Marshall in goal line situations since late in the season. Marshall has been dealing with a nagging lower leg injury the entire year. You could tell by the way he moved laterally. He just has not been himself lately. Give Springfield credit though, they made big plays when they had to. GBM 💪 🏈

we-are-wildcats-dtf-transfer-963949_1024x1024.png

After knee was down at the 1, he lunged over the goalline. Thank God the ref was right there to see it.
Nope! Ref was on the backside of the play. Knee it simultaneously as ball crossed. Just like ref missed the pass interference on Springfield's dB tugging on Moe's #19 on post pattern. It's alright. It was still a good game that could've gone either way just like the previous one score games.

Nope! Ref was on the backside of the play. Knee it simultaneously as ball crossed. Just like ref missed the pass interference on Springfield's dB tugging on Moe's #19 on post pattern. It's alright. It was still a good game that could've gone either way just like the previous one score games.
I will concede on the missed PI call. But on the OT drive, I swear I saw it with my own 2 eyes that his knee was down first and then he lunged over the goalline. You can trust me about this...

He’s gotta get it out now before Springfield gets mopped by Ed’s for the 3rd time in a row
Why can't I get it out anytime I want regardless of what happens next week? This past week, all we heard about was Moeller's O-line, Moeller's defense, the inevitable "real" state title game matchup with St Eds, running clocks, yada, yada, yada. So, what happened?? Inquiring minds wanna know. Something that perplexes me about all you private school fans is the way you all identify with each other like you're one big school, football team and fan base. For example, earlier this week, a St Eds fan proclaimed that because SHS couldn't solve St Eds' defense in the last 2 state title games, that that means this year's SHS team has no chance to beat Moeller last night. Now today, an apparent Moeller and/or GCL South fan seems to suggest that after St Eds "mops the floor" with Springfield next week, that that will somehow exonerate Moeller for losing 3x to SHS and will give Moeller fans some sort of vicarious bragging rights over Springfield despite the on field results last night and the last 2 years. Could someone please explain what this connection between Moeller and St Edward is to validate this apparent joint tag team effort that they seem to project?

Last edited:
Picture1.png

I initially thought he was in, even after the initial replay. But judge for yourself. IMO this shot shows knee down, the ball and defender positions seem to show the ref made a good call. But I am viewing it with biased eyes.

No connection to either team just a football fan. In my opinion the ball was beyond the goal line when the knee went down. If the ability to review existed in this game this would have been overturned. Who’s to say though where the game would have went from there.

After seeing everything that happened in various threads throughout the year and as an advocate for those with mental health issues I will say it’s a good thing SHS won. Some posters needed this win more than others.