Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Moeller by 1-8

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • Moeller by 9-16

Votes: 44 36.4%
  • Moeller by 17+

Votes: 16 13.2%

• Total voters
I'm the worse prognosticator on Yappi. What happened to the Moeller team I saw in the 2nd half against Eds in Lakewood?
Marshall got injured and Springfield had the players to cover Moeller’s receivers and did enough offensively to win.

Springfield now has won 7 of last 8 games, avenged the 1 loss in the playoffs on the road, and won 3 straight over Moeller, the mighty GCL and R4.

Are you also stunned that Springfield won?
Not a bit. In fact love to see it. Certainly bad not kneeling but a good decision putting your best athlete at QB in the overtime. Good adjustment there. Great job overall except for scoring to early after recovering the fumble.

A little bit!
Psychically, I knew they'd pull it out. Throughout the playoffs, SHS's defense has rose up and dominated the 2d half. But, credit to Moeller's kids for tying it up with 3 seconds left. But I did get the feeling they emptied their tank forcing OT. Now, let's hear from all the haters who predicted a Moeller running clock and that SHS can't hang with Moeller. Where are your big mouths now 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well their QB Upshaw was out for 3 or 4 games hurt. I do know that was a factor in some of those losses as well as the Trotwood loss.
Still. Their defense is really really good. How did Wayne score 27? Heck, how did Fairmont score 10? That defense should have shut them out.

I think I'm entitled to throw a little dick your way. So, how about an explanation for how and why SHS proved you dead wrong tonight?
Jake Gyllenhaal Love GIF

Still. Their defense is really really good. How did Wayne score 27? Heck, how did Fairmont score 10? That defense should have shut them out.
They moved Scott to qb while Upshaw was injured. So that disrupted the defense. They knew their regular season was wrecked, so they treated it like glorified scrimmages and focused on the playoffs. I said that after every loss that the playoff revenge tour was coming. And you all witnessed it tonight!

From my end, as obnoxious as Ohioriverboy can be, gotta give him and Springfield credit. 3 straight years they've knocked off Moeller.
That I fully predicted. Now, hoping they'll fully complete the revenge tour next week and finally break through against St Eds. I know on paper, St Eds is the heavy favorite and rightfully so. But I can't help feeling SHS is hungrier and just wants it more this time around.

They moved Scott to qb while Upshaw was injured. So that disrupted the defense. They knew their regular season was wrecked, so they treated it like glorified scrimmages and focused on the playoffs. I said that after every loss that the playoff revenge tour was coming. And you all witnessed it tonight!
Yup.................like I said much respect to Springfield. A lot to be proud and boastful of. Quite an accomplishment for the players and the coaches

They turned the ball over like crazy trying to run what I'd consider to be their "base offense", i.e. more pass oriented, during a stretch covering most of those losses with backup QBs and the main guy playing some while banged up. They turned it over 15 times in their 4 losses after getting creamed by DeMatha, and all four of those games were still one possession games.

When they started getting more run-oriented with Norman and Long, the turnovers disappeared and they started winning.

That I fully predicted. Now, hoping they'll fully complete the revenge tour next week and finally break through against St Eds. I know on paper, St Eds is the heavy favorite and rightfully so. But I can't help feeling SHS is hungrier and just wants it more this time around.
Yes you did. Never battled with you on this site, but did snicker when you posted the rhetoric. Have fun over the next week. Never wavered and you've earned it

Yup.................like I said much respect to Springfield. A lot to be proud and boastful of. Quite an accomplishment for the players and the coaches
Especially as a #12 seed who entered the playoffs 5-5. In the playoffs, they've ousted 3 teams rated in the AP top 10, including a #1 seed.

Good question. I think it could have to do with familiarity of opponents and being in the same conference. I mean how the hell does Elder play St. Edward’s to a one point game losing on a FG in the last 10 seconds and last year up there on losing to them by only 3 17-14. It is hard to figure sometimes.