DI Cleveland 1 District Tournament Bracket, Schedule, Seed Order, Discussion

One random comment - any coach who has more than like 8 of their votes dropped because they're complete outliers should have their voting privileges taken away for at least a year. I swear, some of these coaches must have voted via dartboard.

That isn’t a terrible suggestion, to be honest. It isn’t just a Cleveland issue either. It happens all over, especially when you have coaches who aren’t aware of some of the other teams’ schedules/quality of opponent and aren’t willing to do their homework. We see a fair amount of that in the SW (I can’t speak to DI, but I’ve personally witnessed it at both the DII and DIII levels).

Some accountability measure would certainly be welcomed by most coaches who do their homework and vote ethically.

One random comment - any coach who has more than like 8 of their votes dropped because they're complete outliers should have their voting privileges taken away for at least a year. I swear, some of these coaches must have voted via dartboard.
I think some just vote by record and nothing else. Others clearly have grudges. It's always fun to try and decipher how and why some votes were cast

I think some just vote by record and nothing else. Others clearly have grudges. It's always fun to try and decipher how and why some votes were cast
In D2, Northeast, Lincoln West had nearly half their votes dropped. They voted Revere, the #1 team in the state, as 24th place team. 😳