Dayton Area Basketball

You got any names? I can never remember a Stebbins basketball player at CJ or Alter. Football is different thing.

Has he applied for any of them
Catscats and bobcat, interesting that you brought up Coach Pullen. What he did at Dunbar was quite impressive. His age should not matter,nor should any other coaches age. There have been a few other older, experienced, successful coaches who have applied for the coaching openings in southern Ohio in the last 2 years. If you look at the hires last year and this year,you have to wonder what the athletic directors and principals are looking for.. if you look at the hires in div 1 and div 2 these last 2 years, how many of them even had head coaching experience.? If they had head coaching experience,how many of them had a winning record as a head coach?. And how many of them as a head coach has a great track record in the post season.? You have to wonder if they are just looking for a coach to have a team or a successful program builder?

Catscats and bobcat, interesting that you brought up Coach Pullen. What he did at Dunbar was quite impressive. His age should not matter,nor should any other coaches age. There have been a few other older, experienced, successful coaches who have applied for the coaching openings in southern Ohio in the last 2 years. If you look at the hires last year and this year,you have to wonder what the athletic directors and principals are looking for.. if you look at the hires in div 1 and div 2 these last 2 years, how many of them even had head coaching experience.? If they had head coaching experience,how many of them had a winning record as a head coach?. And how many of them as a head coach has a great track record in the post season.? You have to wonder if they are just looking for a coach to have a team or a successful program builder?
??

I was just wondering how old he is. Jeeze.

That’s nice and all but still didn’t answer which job he has applied for? I think he would be a steal for a lot of teams. I still think it’s nuts how DPS did him

My point was it is not just him. He would be a great hire. There are also a couple other great veteran coaches that were available and applied, but these local a d and principals don’t seem really serious about getting a championship pedigree coach. Only people the “know” or an alumni or who knows. The post was a compliment to coach Pullen. Just food for thought

I was just wondering how old he is. Jeeze.
He’s around 65...don’t think anyone is knocking you for asking we’re just saying age should not be a factor but unfortunately is sometimes. It would be interesting to know if and where he has applied. He might also enjoy being an assistant again

He’s around 65...don’t think anyone is knocking you for asking we’re just saying age should not be a factor but unfortunately is sometimes. It would be interesting to know if and where he has applied. He might also enjoy being an assistant again

I do not even know if anyone in SW Ohio has a resume to match his. That last championship team that he had was men vs boys (NOT AGE WISE!) in most cases. The championship game took effort. That Dunbar team vs the moeller teams would have been excellent.

My point was it is not just him. He would be a great hire. There are also a couple other great veteran coaches that were available and applied, but these local a d and principals don’t seem really serious about getting a championship pedigree coach. Only people the “know” or an alumni or who knows. The post was a compliment to coach Pullen. Just food for thought
Per our conversation a while back TO!

Springfield's interim HC did not get the job.

I figured that was all but assured with the process of filling the job lasting this long into the summer.

Given the circumstances I thought he did a pretty good job last year. At some point he should get a chance somewhere else, and he'd be a major asset for the new coach to keep around if possible.

"Hired" has to be a formality at this point if the interim HC was informed he didn't get it. One of the other interviewees had to have been offered it and they must have accepted, with it just needing to be board approved.

I imagine that will happen and will be officially announced by the end of next week.

"Hired" has to be a formality at this point if the interim HC was informed he didn't get it. One of the other interviewees had to have been offered it and they must have accepted, with it just needing to be board approved.

I imagine that will happen and will be officially announced by the end of next week.
Interviews aren’t over no one has been hired just trimmed list

If you say so. Boy, it must have been every bit of talent leaving for quite a while. Last 6 years in GWOC (up until last season) they were 14-124 overall including 2 times 0-23. Seem like the shift in conference helped (to Miami Valley) since they went 14-4 in conference and 3-3 outside. Still lost 2nd round tourney game but experiencing the winning feeling can propel a program if they have players.

Or maybe young Mr. Lattimore would like to get 20 shots a game. Who knows? What is the basis for his transfer - parents move?
I love what Parker is doing but I don't think it was a good move for Lattimore I agree with you.

What’s the talent level for the incoming coach? I know they were loaded with talent a few years back with height, strength, speed, and talent.
Freshman and Jv had good seasons. Think jv scored 100 5-6 times and 90 a couple more times. 8th grade class was kind of thin. Not a lot of size but honestly never have been the biggest team