Dayton Area Basketball

yakyak

Do you think Rocky is 50% responsible for Trotwood’s mindset? Speaking of FTTH, I love watching Trotwood play highly ranked teams. Nobody is special in their eyes and they are going to get up in you stuff.
Any allure for the Trootwood coach to go against the top D1 teams in the state? Sometimes a new challenge is very enticing. What more could he accomplish at Trootwood that he has not already?

bobcat44

Any allure for the Trootwood coach to go against the top D1 teams in the state? Sometimes a new challenge is very enticing. What more could he accomplish at Trootwood that he has not already?
Nice point...a chance to slay the beast Moeller will entice any competitive coach as Rockhold is.

BucksFan937

I would love to see Trotwood vs. Moeller. I know Trotwood always reloads, but will they be as good next year as they have been the last couple of years? They are losing over 60 points a game in scoring with losing Anderson/Blanton/Huguely.

I would love to see Trotwood vs. Moeller. I know Trotwood always reloads, but will they be as good next year as they have been the last couple of years? They are losing over 60 points a game in scoring with losing Anderson/Blanton/Huguely.
Replacing the production of those three will be a tough task, but the next man up philosophy of Trotwood is impressive. Still have great experience in Uber quick Carter Mims. Super underrated! I hadn’t see the Blake kid who transferred until I watched a Trotwood game this year, and he exploded for 20+. Loved the smoothness to his game. Skilled player. You also have Tymier Blanton. I can see a breakout year for him. Elite athlete. Raglin is 6’5-6’6 freakish athlete who provides great size. Trotwood will still be very deep as always. With Rockhold as the leader. Sky’s the limit for this team. On top of that you have some freshmen coming in that will play this year. I will be watching more Trotwood games this year.

BucksFan937

Replacing the production of those three will be a tough task, but the next man up philosophy of Trotwood is impressive. Still have great experience in Uber quick Carter Mims. Super underrated! I hadn’t see the Blake kid who transferred until I watched a Trotwood game this year, and he exploded for 20+. Loved the smoothness to his game. Skilled player. You also have Tymier Blanton. I can see a breakout year for him. Elite athlete. Raglin is 6’5-6’6 freakish athlete who provides great size. Trotwood will still be very deep as always. With Rockhold as the leader. Sky’s the limit for this team. On top of that you have some freshmen coming in that will play this year. I will be watching more Trotwood games this year.
It's so impressive the way they just reload there. It feels like every year they lose a 25 point per game scorer, and they don't miss a beat. Someone else just steps up and they keep on winning.

vamp2syd

Moeller would get killed by any of the top national teams -- IMG, Montverde, Wasatch, Oak Hill, Sunrise Christian, Hillcrest, Prolific Prep . . . they are on a different level. They could just start by playing the good teams in Cleveland and Columbus (refused to play Hilliard Bradley or St. Ed's) over the last couple years. Just fyi--Spire was a 1 year wonder--they were horrible this past year.
Back when Wayne won the state championship they played many nationally ranked teams and played with all of them including defeating the #1 team in the Country.

Montverde 64 Wayne 59
Wayne 67 Reserve Riverside Academy 62
Wayne 53 Whitney Young 49
Sierra Canyon 61 Wayne 56 OT (Wayne blew a double digit lead and a 7 point lead in the final minutes leading to OT)
Wayne 76 Findlay College Prep 68 (Findlay Prep was the #1 ranked team in the nation)

Point, I would not count Moeller out against these squads when they have 5 to 7 solid D1 players on their roster.