DaOne Owens.......................

Benchboss1

Congrats to everyone who made the All Ohio team in D2, especially the players from Massillon.

One thing that stood out to me as a Massillon fan, is that DaOne Owens made first team All Ohio, but he couldn't make first team All Stark County.
Makes one wonder about the voting for the all county teams, in Stark County, doesn't it?

Congrats to everyone who made the All Ohio team in D2, especially the players from Massillon.

One thing that stood out to me as a Massillon fan, is that DaOne Owens made first team All Ohio, but he couldn't make first team All Stark County.
Makes one wonder about the voting for the all county teams, in Stark County, doesn't it?
But in reality none of us really wonder at all because it’s be going on for years. This says it all…

IMG_3079.jpeg

I don’t know how many qbs were on the first team start country or who they were, but Poochie lead the list considering he’s something like the all time passing leader in stark county and the D4 offensive player of year.

I don’t know how many qbs were on the first team start country or who they were, but Poochie lead the list considering he’s something like the all time passing leader in stark county and the D4 offensive player of year.

I believe 2, he and Zurbrugg from Alliance.

In any case that is a coaches poll so there are obviously biases involved but that's ok. Plenty of honors to go around and obviously 1st team All Ohio is the most prestigious. Congrats to Owens. And the others also.

Last edited:

He is not from Stark County. Also, Poochie was awesome.

He is not from Stark County. Also, Poochie was awesome.
I was wondering if anyone checked the All Summit County team for his name...
Why go there? If you believe Poochie is better, fine argue that. But the whole Summit/Stark County thing, Why? Schools/Cities/Towns/Whatever do not own the kids. The parents do, and they made a choice for their kid. Why the snark attitude about it, I do not know. If you want to argue CB about it, have at it. But the fact he went to Massillon should not be of anyone's concern.

But wasn’t the best QB in the county…
Maybe so, I only got to see DaOne play this year. But you can’t be saying “he’s first team all state so he should be first team all county” when there’s other players in the county with the same and more recognition”

Maybe so, I only got to see DaOne play this year. But you can’t be saying “he’s first team all state so he should be first team all county” when there’s other players in the county with the same and more recognition”
I can when they aren’t as good, who voted him for the County awards ? That says it all.
Honestly I could care less because there is one thing that nobody else in the County has…
🏆

Stark County had three first team all-Ohio QBs. Owens was first team all-state for Division 2, Zurbrugg for Division 3, and Snyder for Division 4. Since the all-Stark County team, which includes all divisions, could only have two QBs on the first team, one of them had to be left out no matter what.

Stark County had three first team all-Ohio QBs. Owens was first team all-state for Division 2, Zurbrugg for Division 3, and Snyder for Division 4. Since the all-Stark County team, which includes all divisions, could only have two QBs on the first team, one of them had to be left out no matter what.
If you had all three on your roster, which one would you start?

I’m guessing since the all county team was based on coaches votes, it probably had some disdain for DaOne since he transferred from Copley to Massillon his senior year and the area coaches weren’t happy about it.

I have no bias here, just my opinion as to why he was left off. The kid had an amazing year and truly was a difference maker in the Ed’s game in particular and every other game for that matter. Congrats to him earning All-Ohio and winning a state championship.

I’m guessing since the all county team was based on coaches votes, it probably had some disdain for DaOne since he transferred from Copley to Massillon his senior year and the area coaches weren’t happy about it.

I have no bias here, just my opinion as to why he was left off. The kid had an amazing year and truly was a difference maker in the Ed’s game in particular and every other game for that matter. Congrats to him earning All-Ohio and winning a state championship.
Your guess is correct. Their problem is DaOne went to Massillon. However, these same coaches don’t say anything about other transfers to schools in their league. (Federal) A little hypocritical, don’t you think?