10. Toronto 9.55
11. YVC 8.94
12. Mathews 7.23
13. Plymouth 7.06
14. South Central 6.64
15. Mapleton 5.43
16. Monroeville =5.25
17. Windham= 5.22
What does it look like if Lucas wins and St Paul loses?

Doing my as is standings.

#1 NSP vs #16 South Central NSP 28-14... NSP looking like a drop off from the top 3.
#8 Lowellville vs #9 Malvern Malvern 42-28 Lowellville cant stop anybody.
#4 Dalton vs #13 Toronto Dalton 42-0
#5 CH vs #12 Mathews I want to pick the classic 12 seed upset. I just cant with Mathews. Maybe they are better than everyone thinks though? CH 28-14

#2 Lucas vs #15 Windham Lucas 49-0
#7 JFK vs #10 VCS JFK 56-12
#3 Independence vs #14 Mapleton Independence 28-21 I dont know what to think of Independence and CH. Tough to get good idea on them?
#6 Southern vs #11 Plymouth Rematch. I still like Plymouth dont know why. Plymouth 21-14

#1 NSP vs #9 Malvern NSP 24-14 see above
#4 Dalton vs #5 CH Dalton 35-7
#2 Lucas vs #7 JFK Ill still take JFK for now 21-14
#3 Independence vs #11 Plymouth UPSET ALERT Plymouth 29-28

#1 NSP vs #4 Dalton Dalton 28-10
#7 JFK vs #11 Plymouth JFK 35-7

#4 Dalton vs #7 JFK..... Really hard to pick against JFK in any sport lately. Ill probably take them until they lose. JFK 28-21

Great call on the LB’s. Very impressed with them last night.

Dalton will see the best, biggest, and meanest line they will see all year. Even if they miraculously made a state final. Bigger and more technical than (MAC guys don’t look at this) anything coming out of the MAC. Just cultivating something different in Creston, Ohio right now. Dalton puts one together on the road and it might be officially scary hours for region 25.

Lucas is a program constantly seeking validation that they are a good program. And don’t tell them they are, because it fuels the majority of their poise and effort. It also compels them to schedule boldly. A healthy squad that wins in Mogadore heading to the post season is a problem for everyone.

JFK scores ++ marks in every phase of the eye test. Size, Speed, Strength, and Physicality. Well Balanced. A shot at redeeming some Moggy points this week will be a lot for Southeast to handle. Coming in to week 11 like a bear fully poked.
Norwayne is more technical than anything coming out of the MAC? That is quite a statement for a team who's best win is against a 3-6 Canton CC team. Canton CC plays a rugged schedule, but have they really beaten anybody that good this year? I think Norwayne is good, but I am not ready to say more than that just yet. They were blown out by the two best teams on their schedule. They have very few seniors and will probably be really dominant next year. I think the Dalton vs Norwayne matchup this week is a game between two teams trying to get their first notable win of the season. I would consider the senior laden Dalton team a 10-14 point favorite as long as they avoid turning the ball over.

Norwayne is more technical than anything coming out of the MAC? That is quite a statement for a team who's best win is against a 3-6 Canton CC team. Canton CC plays a rugged schedule, but have they really beaten anybody that good this year? I think Norwayne is good, but I am not ready to say more than that just yet. They were blown out by the two best teams on their schedule. They have very few seniors and will probably be really dominant next year. I think the Dalton vs Norwayne matchup this week is a game between two teams trying to get their first notable win of the season. I would consider the senior laden Dalton team a 10-14 point favorite as long as they avoid turning the ball over.
Dalton a 14 point favorite over Norwayne? Give me a little of what you're having this morning.

Last edited:
Dalton a 14 point favorite over Norwayne? Give me a little of what you're having this morning.
IF they do not turn the ball over, absolutely. Dalton has the two best athletes on the field. Norwayne has the better qb. Line play is equal IMO. Senior laden teams usually win games like this over junior laden teams. Should be a fun game Friday night.

IF they do not turn the ball over, absolutely. Dalton has the two best athletes on the field. Norwayne has the better qb. Line play is equal IMO. Senior laden teams usually win games like this over junior laden teams. Should be a fun game Friday night.
We shall see. Seems like a pick em to me, especially with the game being in Creston.

1) Has Dalton played a good team & not turned the ball over? They "could" have beat Garaway by 3 scores but couldn't hold onto the football.
2) Has Dalton beaten anybody that good this year? Both teams have losses to quality opponents (all 4 teams will be top 5 in D3,4,5 brackets).

I LOVE what Dalton is doing, but pump the brakes a bit. Norwayne's loss to Hubbard looks bad 9 weeks later, but they were within 1 score on the road against a D3 school (with several NCAA D1 recruits) until a NCAA D1 RB broke 2 unbelievable runs late. Also, I am NOT a CCC fan, but Dalton would be ecstatic to have 3 wins playing CCC's schedule.

No matter how week 10 goes, to me in R25 Dalton is "that team" that you look to make noise regardless of their seed.

If I had to put my last $100 on this game, with no spread involved, give me the home team. Start a poll and see who sides with who.
Dude I'm not here to argue with you, I just stated they have played there for the last 3 years nothing more. It should be a good game.

I MCF-guarantee St. Paul won't lose this weekend.
i agree with you about st.paul beating monroeville. st.paul will be rolling this week after losing to crestview plus i was completely surprised that mapleton shocked monroeville at marsh field.i didnt think that was going to happened but it did but then mapleton has shows spots of offense but defensively the mounties are terrible.no upset this week at home in mountie land,crestview will be too much for mapleton.

Dalton is very athletic. If their line plays physical they'll be in the regional final if the bracket goes right. Kennedy is very similar athletically but i would give the edge to the Eagles on the line of scrimmage.

Couple things…
I said Norwayne’s line was bigger and more technical than anything coming out of the MAC. And I believe it is. But that doesn’t (at all) mean I think Norwayne beats the MAC heavy hitters. It’s just one phase of the game. They along with Kirtland flat out force you to play error free football. …at the small school level. Almost unheard of. (See Ironton vs. Kirtland if you will)

No homer here. I’m not posting FOR any area team. I attended 4 schools, 4 different divisions, 3 different leagues, and 2 counties. Just following along… making observations, predictions, and peppering in a little snark.

Dalton is, as they were in the preseason, the favorite. Bulldogs not underdogs right? But I can assure you Clyde (not far removed from a D4 title) and Hubbard (absolute unit of a D3 school) NOT putting a running clock on a WCAL school is as good as ANY win in Wayne County In some time. …and that’s why this is (sadly) the only WCAL game worth attending this year. They’re both GREAT. Maybe pump the breaks on that 14 point stuff? Really feels like a 42-49ish affair. So probably 10-7 in my experience. Lol

Sheesh. Really thought I had some nice things to say about everybody?

My Guess... See how right it is after the weekend
1.St. Paul 20.01
2. Lucas 17.60
3.Independence 16.15
4.Dalton 13.2
5.Southern 12.7
6.C Heights 12.67
7. Malvern 11.67
8. JFK 10.72
9. Lowellville (No Game) = 10.22
10. Toronto 9.55
11. YVC 8.94
12. Mathews 7.23
13. Plymouth 7.06
14. South Central 6.64
15. Mapleton 5.43
16. Monroeville =5.25
17. Windham= 5.22
JFK at the #8 seed is tough. Week 2 would have them on the road at St. Paul. Then a neutral site for Dalton, and finally a title matchup with Lucas. (* Yes. They have to play these out. I’m aware your team not mentioned above might have something to say about that.*) Nothing like the 4th horsemen having to kill the other 3 in consecutive weeks just to get a shot at another regional monster. But make no mistake, at this point, one of these teams is almost certainly getting this gauntlet. Every week…it just keeps getting…more and more interesting.

To set up the “correct” quarter final in this region, and seed them away until then:

Team 1 needs seeds: 1-8-9-16

Team 2 needs seeds: 4-5-12-13

Team 3 needs seeds: 3-6-11-14

Team 4 needs seeds: 2-7-10-15

JFK, Lucas, and Dalton actually have a tough row to hoe this week. Independence beating a seemingly identical Brooklyn would force one of our perceived top 4 squads into this scenario regardless of other outcomes IMO. Just a cursory calculation at this point. It’s very difficult to see a path to 1,2,3,4 seeds. And that’s tough for at least 3 of the teams electing to land some whales on their schedule this year.

JFK at the #8 seed is tough. Week 2 would have them on the road at St. Paul. Then a neutral site for Dalton, and finally a title matchup with Lucas. (* Yes. They have to play these out. I’m aware your team not mentioned above might have something to say about that.*) Nothing like the 4th horsemen having to kill the other 3 in consecutive weeks just to get a shot at another regional monster. But make no mistake, at this point, one of these teams is almost certainly getting this gauntlet. Every week…it just keeps getting…more and more interesting.

To set up the “correct” quarter final in this region, and seed them away until then:

Team 1 needs seeds: 1-8-9-16

Team 2 needs seeds: 4-5-12-13

Team 3 needs seeds: 3-6-11-14

Team 4 needs seeds: 2-7-10-15

JFK, Lucas, and Dalton actually have a tough row to hoe this week. Independence beating a seemingly identical Brooklyn would force one of our perceived top 4 squads into this scenario regardless of other outcomes IMO. Just a cursory calculation at this point. It’s very difficult to see a path to 1,2,3,4 seeds. And that’s tough for at least 3 of the teams electing to land some whales on their schedule this year.
The gauntlet you just mentioned was Kennedy's path to the regional championship just last year. Crazy. Saint Paul, Dalton then Lucas.

Last edited:
Not that it means anything in the grand scheme of things, but Mathews will beat Py Valley and probably leapfrog VCS IMO

How do you predict Harbins from week to week? I admittedly don't know enough about this - don't they theoretically change each week based on the W/L of the teams you've played? Dalton for example - their 2 losses are to 9-0 Garaway and 9-0 Ridgewood who play each other this week. I would think that game will have zero effect on Harbins right? With one team winning and one losing, and both being in the same higher division than Dalton...the game is a wash in terms of points right?

Now that I've got my ignorance out of the way.....I like Dalton in this region because I believe they very likely have the 2 best athletes in the region.

In addition...one can't resist pouring gasoline on a fire.....so go ahead and give me the Bulldogs over the Bobcats and I think the 14 points being discussed earlier is Vegas style spot on for the spread...so let's set the spread at 13.5 and I'll take Dalton and lay the points. 42-28 Dalton. Hubbard beat them 48-28, they had trouble containing the RB from Hubbard....think they'll have similar problems this Friday.
(someone alert freezing cold takes on Twitter in case this doesn't age well :ROFLMAO:)

#1 NSP vs #16 South Central-NSP
#8 Lowellville vs #9 Malvern-Malvern
#4 Dalton vs #13 Toronto-Dalton
#5 CH vs #12 Mathews - CH

#2 Lucas vs #15 Windham - Lucas
#7 JFK vs #10 VCS- JFK
#3 Independence vs #14 Mapleton - Independence
#6 Southern vs #11 Plymouth- Plymouth

#1 NSP vs #9 Malvern - NSP
#4 Dalton vs #5 CH - Dalton
#2 Lucas vs #7 JFK - JFK
#3 Independence vs #11 Plymouth -Independence

#1 NSP vs #4 Dalton Dalton
#7 JFK vs #3 Independence - JFK

#4 Dalton vs #7 JFK -JFK 28-27

How do you predict Harbins from week to week? I admittedly don't know enough about this - don't they theoretically change each week based on the W/L of the teams you've played? Dalton for example - their 2 losses are to 9-0 Garaway and 9-0 Ridgewood who play each other this week. I would think that game will have zero effect on Harbins right? With one team winning and one losing, and both being in the same higher division than Dalton...the game is a wash in terms of points right?
So it's actually not that complicated once you get the hang of it. Basically, each team is worth a certain amount of points depending on their division: D7 teams are worth 3.5, D6 4.0 D5 4.5 and going up .5 per division. Your level one points is simply adding those numbers up for teams you beat- ie beat 2 D7 schools you have 7 level one points. Your level two points are the teams you have beaten level one points- so if you beat a team that has two wins over D6 schools, you would get 8 level two points. Now comes the divising part. Your level one points get divided by the number of games you played, this give you your level one average. Your level two points get divided by the total number of games your opponent plays and then multiplied by 10 which gives you your level two average. You add your level one and two averages together to get your harbin total.

For Dalton, that game has no bearing on their Harbins because they lost to both. The only effect to Dalton would be if the game got cancelled which would lower their level two divisor and slightly benefit them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.