D7 R25

Status
Not open for further replies.
So looking through the latest computer rankings and things are still quite complicated when it comes to the seedings, and who makes it. But here are my thoughts:

One thing is almost certain, and that is St Paul getting the 1 seed regardless of their game against Crestview this week as long as they beat Monroeville.

Seeds 2-7 has quite the derby going on between Lucas, Independence, Dalton, Southern, JFK, and Cuyahoga Heights. CH is the only one out of that group I don't see a path to the 2 seed but they are in the thick of it. All these teams have big point games remaining and the outcomes of those games with determine how these seeds shake out.

Lowellville and Malvern look pretty solidly at 8 and 9 (which would mean they will match up in week 11) though I could see Malven potentially jumping up to 7 if they win out and other games break a certain way.

Valley Christian and Plymouth are solidly at 10 and 11.

The winner of the Mathews-Windham game will punch their playoff ticket. The loser will be a bubble team

Same goes for SCC and Toronto's week 10 game, winner will be in. Both could put themselves in good position no matter what by winning this week.

Same goes for Monroeville-Mapleton this week, the winner should be in loser will be in tough shape (in the case of Mapleton, if they lose they are out)

Wellsville needs to beat VCS this week or they will be on the wrong side of the bubble

McDonald needs to win both their remaining games and they will likely be in. Lose either and they are out.

St Paul is riding high with level 2 points coming from wins against solid Huron, Edon, and Collins Western Reserve teams. But they haven't been dominating anyone this year, playing just good enough to win. I don't think they'll get by Ashland Crestview playing like that. Monroeville has played tough against a few teams and ended with similar scores as St Paul did against the same conference teams. The Monroeville-St Paul game should be a good one between those rivals.

Is the St. Paul game still on Saturday or is it back to Friday now that Crestview is playing at their field again?
i would move it friday night because ohio state plays at indiana 730pm saturday night plus more media. i do know that its not on local radio wlkr 95.3fm,k96 or classic 92.9fm because 95.3 has norwalk at clyde, k96 has edison at vermilion and classic 92.9 has western reserve at south central friday. want streaming of the game try OH REPORT. hopefully it will be switched to friday then the highlights will be on scores and more on wmfd tv.if that happens then maybe it will be on wlkr classic instead of WR-SC.

Hard to get a read on Southern. That seed is shockingly high, with the loss to Plymouth. They have a 6-1 United team left. But United’s one loss is to…East Canton.
For my money, I’d love to see Lowellville vs. Malvern. I just think as a matchup, it’s a really fun game. I don’t have either team vying for the regional title… But don’t listen to me.
Independence is another lock for a high seed unless the wheels fall off… and I don’t think they will. Their schedule isn’t that exciting, and they lost to Columbia by almost the same margin as Northwestern. That’s almost all I have to go on. I suppose with the right seed they could make some noise.
Cuyahoga Heights will make the playoffs, and probably an inflated seed. But they lost to Independence. And Lutheran West by even more.
No idea what to expect out of Plymouth. All over the place…
The current 12-28 position trying to crack the top 16 will likely have opening round games submitted to OHSAA as an argument AGAINST 16 team playoff regions.
I’ll circle back to the big 4 later.

Hard to get a read on Southern. That seed is shockingly high, with the loss to Plymouth. They have a 6-1 United team left. But United’s one loss is to…East Canton.
For my money, I’d love to see Lowellville vs. Malvern. I just think as a matchup, it’s a really fun game. I don’t have either team vying for the regional title… But don’t listen to me.
Independence is another lock for a high seed unless the wheels fall off… and I don’t think they will. Their schedule isn’t that exciting, and they lost to Columbia by almost the same margin as Northwestern. That’s almost all I have to go on. I suppose with the right seed they could make some noise.
Cuyahoga Heights will make the playoffs, and probably an inflated seed. But they lost to Independence. And Lutheran West by even more.
No idea what to expect out of Plymouth. All over the place…
The current 12-28 position trying to crack the top 16 will likely have opening round games submitted to OHSAA as an argument AGAINST 16 team playoff regions.
I’ll circle back to the big 4 later.
HTB with great points FOR the expanded playoffs (aka - fun games along the way to determining a champ) and AGAINST (those 4-6 teams whose fans will make tshirts that they'll never want to wear again).

i would move it friday night because ohio state plays at indiana 730pm saturday night plus more media. i do know that its not on local radio wlkr 95.3fm,k96 or classic 92.9fm because 95.3 has norwalk at clyde, k96 has edison at vermilion and classic 92.9 has western reserve at south central friday. want streaming of the game try OH REPORT. hopefully it will be switched to friday then the highlights will be on scores and more on wmfd tv.if that happens then maybe it will be on wlkr classic instead of WR-SC.

Southern looked very good on Saturday against Valley. I thought it would’ve been a close game, but they came out prepared. We will definitely see how they are against United. Though I don’t think United is that impressive.

Lowellville looking for a week 10 game. From ohsaa.org. Could be the difference between traveling or being home week 11.
I haven’t heard much about any potential matchups for them. They’ve played the last 3 weeks at home, so I’m sure they’re willing to travel (within reason). I’ll post if I hear anything.

Southern looked very good on Saturday against Valley. I thought it would’ve been a close game, but they came out prepared. We will definitely see how they are against United. Though I don’t think United is that impressive.
I still look at Southern and United common opponent OOC- Crestview. United beat them by a TD while Southern lost by 3 TDs. Yes- Im aware of the ol' transitive property- but I believe Southern barely did anything offensively against Crestview. I see United on top week 10
Southern came out wanting to make a statement against Valley and they did.

My thoughts on the strength of teams after 8 weeks. Not based on Harbin ratings.

1-Dalton
2-Warren JFK
3-Norwalk St Paul
4-Lucas
5-Independence
6-Malvern +1
7-Plymouth -1
8-Cuyahoga Hts
9-Salineville Southern
10-Monroeville
11-Mapleton +1
12-Lowellville +1
13-Valley Christian -2
14-South Central
15-Toronto +1
16-McDonald -1
17-Wellsville
18-Windham
19-Mathews +2
20-David Anderson +3
21-Leetonia -2
22-Jackson-Milton -2
23-Steubenville CC +1
24-Buckeye Central -2
25-Fairport Harding +1
26-Sebring McKinley -1
27-Ashtabula St John's
28-Crestline

I still look at Southern and United common opponent OOC- Crestview. United beat them by a TD while Southern lost by 3 TDs. Yes- Im aware of the ol' transitive property- but I believe Southern barely did anything offensively against Crestview. I see United on top week 10
Southern came out wanting to make a statement against Valley and they did.
Yeah, that’s confounding… United’s loss to East Canton is hard for me to understand… Maybe another interesting matchup to watch.

Lucas vs Fort Loramie game is very intriguing to me this week. FL has a very good passing attack, but can they be as physical as Lucas. Lucas has a very good running game, but can they match up athletically with the skill players FL will bring over.

Lucas vs Fort Loramie game is very intriguing to me this week. FL has a very good passing attack, but can they be as physical as Lucas. Lucas has a very good running game, but can they match up athletically with the skill players FL will bring over.
Watch it live on the OH Report.

Should be a dandy. (Although I said that last week for that northwestern/Dalton game and was humbled to learn how little I know) This is definitely one I’m paying attention to this week.
That score shocked me as well. As of today, Dalton is my favorite.

F3FBC0A7-9309-4DFF-A06D-1397A7510B12.jpeg

Probably a big nothing burger this early, but I’m a big bracket guy. (thanks to wrestling) I just enjoy the visual... I actually like everything where it stands *EXCEPT that JFK/Lucas tilt in round 2. Really, if JFK grabs even the #6 I like that matchup a lot better. I think JFK holds more advantage with an early matchup. 2 playoff wins could have Lucas hit a lick and be off to the races. Momentum x Attrition and all the wonderful math of the post season…

View attachment 22263
Probably a big nothing burger this early, but I’m a big bracket guy. (thanks to wrestling) I just enjoy the visual... I actually like everything where it stands *EXCEPT that JFK/Lucas tilt in round 2. Really, if JFK grabs even the #6 I like that matchup a lot better. I think JFK holds more advantage with an early matchup. 2 playoff wins could have Lucas hit a lick and be off to the races. Momentum x Attrition and all the wonderful math of the post season…
Bracket seeds like this make you wish they went back to 2020 covid year seeding lol. Or maybe this makes it more excited to see big matchups early on in the playoffs.

View attachment 22263
I could see a scenario where Lucas and JFK both lose their final two games...where would they likely be seeded (I understand it is pure speculation) if such a thing happened?

I could see a scenario where Lucas and JFK both lose their final two games...where would they likely be seeded (I understand it is pure speculation) if such a thing happened?
Lot of math to get through that scenario… If our perceived top 4 teams in the region want to secure a top 4 seed: win out. And still may need help from a loss or two.

Top 4 teams have the top 4 toughest schedules IMO - and that’s not hard to believe. They’re just not getting any help with schedule strength this year for their troubles…unless they win.

In this region, you scheduled tough to help in the post season. (And your program can handle it) That fruit comes to bear and a lower seed doesn’t matter that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.