D5 Region 17

I believe the first couple weeks are all on Friday night. When they go to the neutral sites they go Friday, and Saturday games. I think Division 1,2,3, and 5 are on Friday. Divisions 4, 6, and 7 are on Saturday.

I'm sure this surge of games on Fridays will help the officiating shortage

I can imagine it's a little easier to manipulate regular season stuff that 28 regions having simultaneous games.....
8 games per region in the 1st round x 28 regions = 224 games.

Using Joe Eitel's scorelist from Week 7, I counted 1 Wed. game, 12 Thurs. games, 331 Fri. games, and 13 Sat. games that were scheduled in Ohio, including cancellations (even if they weren't played, officials were hired to work those games). The quantity of officials needed to play 224 games on Fri. still exists.

8 games per region in the 1st round x 28 regions = 224 games.

Using Joe Eitel's scorelist from Week 7, I counted 1 Wed. game, 12 Thurs. games, 331 Fri. games, and 13 Sat. games that were scheduled in Ohio, including cancellations (even if they weren't played, officials were hired to work those games). The quantity of officials needed to play 224 games on Fri. still exists.
This was never the statement about the quantity....... more about the quality are there 224 playoff level crews?

Norwayne will likely be seeded 4th & that’s where they belong. SR is far away the best & Garaway/Perry the closest competition. (Frankly, Perry showed better in 20pt loss to Kirtland than any of Norwayne’s wins. ). Norwayne is best of rest.
That Perry-Kirtland game was closer than the score indicated. Perry was driving already up 8-0 and had a fumble at the 3 of Kirtland. Right after that on Kirtlands ensuing drive there was a questionable unsportsmanlike penalty that completely changed momentum. After Kirtland got up by 2 scores it seemed Perry panicked and went away from what was working.

After week 7 w/ changes from last week. This is a week to week power ranking, not a projected Harbin pts list.
1-South Range
2-Perry
3-Garaway
4-Norwayne
5-Cardinal Mooney (+2)
6-Ridgewood (+2)
7-Garrettsville Garfield (-1)
8-Fairless (-3)
9-Triway
10-Orrville (+2)
11-Chagrin Falls
12-Richmond Edison (+3)
13-Smithville (-3)
14-Lakeview
15-Conneaut (-2)
16-Berkshire (+1)
17-Harrison Central (-1)
18-Sandy Valley (+1)
19-Champion (-1)
20-Waynedale
21-Crestwood (+1)
22-Coshocton (+2)
23-Akron Manchester (-2)
24-Youngstown Liberty (+1)
25-Fairview Park Fairview (-2)
26-Beachwood
27 Wickliffe

Last edited:
Mooney forfeits their game against Youngstown east, basically unless they pick up another win they will end up the 15 seed. I would still absolutely have garaway as the favorite in that game by at least 10 points, but that’s a brutal matchup round 1 as a 2 seed. Mooney would probably handle 10 teams in front of them

Mooney forfeits their game against Youngstown east, basically unless they pick up another win they will end up the 15 seed. I would still absolutely have garaway as the favorite in that game by at least 10 points, but that’s a brutal matchup round 1 as a 2 seed. Mooney would probably handle 10 teams in front of them
Why the forfeit?

That forfeit is costing Mooney .5 off their avg. YE was going 0-10 otherwise. Mooney may have needed a 5th win regardless to improve their playoff seed.

Seeing as how the game was played week 6, the best guess is that a transfer played who was subject to the rule of having to sit the 2nd half of the regular season plus the playoffs.

That forfeit is costing Mooney .5 off their avg. YE was going 0-10 otherwise. Mooney may have needed a 5th win regardless to improve their playoff seed.

Seeing as how the game was played week 6, the best guess is that a transfer played who was subject to the rule of having to sit the 2nd half of the regular season plus the playoffs.
Fantastic50 has Mooney getting the 15 seed at 3-7 and the 12 seed with their 5th win. It’s not many points at all, but if they drop a spot that sucks for the higher ranked team, sorta like a punishment lol

After week 8 w/ changes from last week. This is a week to week power ranking, not a projected Harbin pts list.
1-South Range
2-Perry
3-Garaway
4-Cardinal Mooney (+1)
5-Norwayne (-1)
6-Garrettsville Garfield (+1)
7-Fairless (+1)
8-Ridgewood (-2)
9-Triway
10-Orrville
11-Richmond Edison (+1)
12-Conneaut (+3)
13-Lakeview (+1)
14-Berkshire (+2)
15-Smithville (-2)
16-Chagrin Falls (-5)
17-Sandy Valley (+1)
18-Harrison Central (-1)
19-Champion
20-Waynedale
21-Youngstown Liberty (+3)
22-Coshocton
23-Akron Manchester
24-Crestwood (-3)
25-Fairview Park Fairview
26-Beachwood
27-Wickliffe

I watched Perry play last night they are very good, shakes my opinion into a 3 team race with them garaway and sR
Perry is a really good team. They will give the #2 seed fits, but think SR & Garaway are just tick better than everyone else.

If we end up with a SR-Norwayne & Garaway - Perry regional semis then everyone wins because we'll see some great football.