D5 Region 17

SR has clinched the #1 seed.

Perry and Garaway have pretty much clinched the #2/#3 seeds (Garaway is in control for the #2 w/ a win over Ridgewood).

I think the only real question left is whether Mooney ends up on the SR side of the bracket (#12/#13) or on the Garaway/Perry side (#14/#15). I think if they lose to Steubenville and Ursuline they'll end up at #14 and probably traveling up to Perry for a first round game.

SR has clinched the #1 seed.

Perry and Garaway have pretty much clinched the #2/#3 seeds (Garaway is in control for the #2 w/ a win over Ridgewood).

I think the only real question left is whether Mooney ends up on the SR side of the bracket (#12/#13) or on the Garaway/Perry side (#14/#15). I think if they lose to Steubenville and Ursuline they'll end up at #14 and probably traveling up to Perry for a first round game.
That 1 o’clock game today can be a trap game for Steubenville

After week 9 w/ changes from last week. This is a week to week power ranking, not a projected Harbin pts list.
1-South Range
2-Perry
3-Garaway
4-Cardinal Mooney
5-Fairless (+2)
6-Norwayne (-1)
7-Ridgewood (+1)
8-Garrettsville Garfield (-1)
9-Orrville (+1)
10-Triway (-1)
11-Richmond Edison
12-Conneaut
13-Smithville (+2)
14-Chagrin Falls (+2)
15-Berkshire (-1)
16-Lakeview (-3)
17-Sandy Valley
18-Harrison Central
19-Waynedale (+1)
20-Youngstown Liberty (+1)
21-Akron Manchester (+2)
22-Champion (-3)
23-Coshocton (-1)
24-Crestwood
25-Fairview Park Fairview
26-Beachwood
27-Wickliffe

Mooney is going to be a problem. Orrville has flipped a switch and may have a shot to punch above their weight. Should be a super fun region.

Crestwood and Liberty both lost.

Lake Catholic won. Lutheran East and Brush lost.

That will put Mooney around 8.3. Triway can't catch them. Mooney will be 13th seed.

For those wondering if the Youngstown East forfeit cost them a higher seed, the final answer is "no."

Last edited:
Heard the east game might be reversed and Mooney might end up getting that win. To be determined tho. Feel
Bad for Edison if they have to play Mooney

I understand SR is ridiculously good, but Mooney will hang with them, Mooney isn’t a typical D5 school as most already know. I think SR wins tho, but any school who holds Ursuline to a 13-7 game is very good

I understand SR is ridiculously good, but Mooney will hang with them, Mooney isn’t a typical D5 school as most already know. I think SR wins tho, but any school who holds Ursuline to a 13-7 game is very good
I agree. The potential of a SR Mooney game has been coming to a head for a few years. Let’s ring the bell and go helmet to helmet. Playoff games shouldn’t be pushovers, especially in week 13.

According to the local paper. Mooney travels to Norwayne. Smithville squeaks in and makes the trip to Garaway.
Edison will pick some additional 2nd level points. They beat both Toronto and Steubenville CC, and those two teams play tonight. One of them has to win. Heh. So, Edison should move up to 4th.

Norwayne will drop to 5th, and for dropping they will miss Mooney and get the really not so good Harrison Central. And then they'll get Mooney in Round 2.

After looking at it, I really don't see any other very realistic possibilities other than SR-Mooney and Garaway-Perry. I guess the only small question mark is Perry-Fairless, but that's a small question mark.

Gentlemen,

I don't know anything about Richmond Edison this season except that they are 10-0. I believe this however, if Mooney does not stop turning the ball over, they will not be around long in the post season. They also need to generate some semblance of a running game to make any noise in my opinion. I think the Cardinals defense is good enough to keep them in games against the teams in R17, but they need to do a better job of controlling the ball offensively and putting points on the board. We shall soon see.

Good luck to all the teams in R17.

As far as the 7 and 8 seed still being a bit in question…am I correct in thinking that if Warrensville beats Cleveland-CC today, Conneaut will stay at 8th and Berkshire will be 7th?

I don't know anything about Richmond Edison this season except that they are 10-0. I believe this however, if Mooney does not stop turning the ball over, they will not be around long in the post season. They also need to generate some semblance of a running game to make any noise in my opinion. I think the Cardinals defense is good enough to keep them in games against the teams in R17, but they need to do a better job of controlling the ball offensively and putting points on the board. We shall soon see.

Good luck to all the teams in R17.
Good call. Mooney is a boogeyman right now, but their best ‘wins’ are close losses to good teams. That D will keep the games close but do they have enough O to win in weeks 12+? Will be fun to watch!

Plain and simple
After watching Garaway and South Range last year. It will be the offense vs. The defense again this year.
Garaway will shut everyone down as they did last year and this year including South Range. South Range with a hard as it is to say this will be the best most bald offense Mooney has seen. Yes even more than ursuline. Ursuline can and did run against Mooney but can't throw.

Plain and simple
After watching Garaway and South Range last year. It will be the offense vs. The defense again this year.
Garaway will shut everyone down as they did last year and this year including South Range. South Range with a hard as it is to say this will be the best most bald offense Mooney has seen. Yes even more than ursuline. Ursuline can and did run against Mooney but can't throw.
Yes it is much more balanced but Ursuline is much faster on the boundary so I think Mooney will be prepared for Lindstrom at least.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221022_110019.jpg
    Screenshot_20221022_110019.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 13